Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:42:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ellis Harrison  (Read 10433 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Ellis Harrison
« on January 27, 2018, 04:49:15 pm by GazLaz »
What a player he is. Pace, can finish, gets stuck in, good in the air. Stood out a mile for Bristol today.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
Re: Ellis Harrison
« Reply #1 on January 27, 2018, 05:08:38 pm by esdailles left foot »
If he's anything other than a midfielder, forget it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 27, 2018, 05:27:49 pm by Filo »
Should have ota second yellowbefore he scored

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 27, 2018, 05:37:06 pm by nortikorner »
Would not have got a look in if Butler had been playing . should have been sent off for a foot up at Lawlor and i believe the same at Wright for him to go off

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 27, 2018, 05:40:51 pm by GazLaz »
Would not have got a look in if Butler had been playing . should have been sent off for a foot up at Lawlor and i believe the same at Wright for him to go off

Butler is our injured and people are talking about him like he is Tony Adams!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 27, 2018, 05:43:19 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Butler is our injured and people are talking about him like he is Tony Adams!

Because Alcock is that bad!

I’m also starting to wonder who is worse Evian or Garrett.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 27, 2018, 05:46:53 pm by RoversAlias »
I don't care how well he did as a centre forward for them, he was a total cock. Committed about a dozen fouls, no exaggeration and should have been carded long before the foul late on that got him a yellow. I'd rather have Marquis. Summed it up with that drop ball he endured was smashed as hard as he could away from the goalie. Pillock of the highest order.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 27, 2018, 05:50:17 pm by goalkick »
Garrett was easily relieved of the ball but with the situation today with the defence did his best.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 27, 2018, 05:50:25 pm by DonnyOsmond »
That's probably how opposition see Marquis.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 27, 2018, 06:04:19 pm by Cantley Rover »
I would swap him for Marquis tomorrow.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 27, 2018, 06:10:30 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Hard to judge look what he was up against from us today we’ll make lot of strikers look good with that back 3 I think.

Not criticising the lads just a fact it’s not their position and it’s unlucky to have 3, 4 if you count luke, centre back out

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 27, 2018, 06:31:02 pm by RobTheRover »
I've not felt as much ire towards a player since Wellens at Oldham many years ago. Can we sign him? He's ace. Plays hard, runs fast, can finish, and winds up opposition players and fans. What a package.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 27, 2018, 06:37:44 pm by GazLaz »
I've not felt as much ire towards a player since Wellens at Oldham many years ago. Can we sign him? He's ace. Plays hard, runs fast, can finish, and winds up opposition players and fans. What a package.

He was actually decent in the air as well for a small lad. He will get a move before too long.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 27, 2018, 06:47:09 pm by northern soul »
He won't be there for to long if that's how he plays.
I said during game, I hope kiwomya does the same for us.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 27, 2018, 06:55:06 pm by Capmeister »
You kidding right? He was up against a makeshift back four. Only Mason’s a regular. Alcock got a gash on his leg as long as me arm

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 27, 2018, 06:55:28 pm by GazLaz »
He won't be there for to long if that's how he plays.
I said during game, I hope kiwomya does the same for us.

Kiwomya hasn’t got that physicality to his game I don’t think.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 27, 2018, 06:56:16 pm by moses »
I was thinking, he is a bas**rd, but I want to see him in a Rovers shirt.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 27, 2018, 07:19:20 pm by Draytonian III »
He played well but ,his strike rate is 1 in 4 in League 1 or lower, not exactly setting the world on fire.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 27, 2018, 07:22:31 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Best player on the pitch by a country mile today

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 27, 2018, 07:29:01 pm by RugbyRover »
I agree: he put the fear of god into poor little Mason. I think that lad has a big future in the game, looks like he can do everything......wonder how much he would go for?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 27, 2018, 07:30:03 pm by GazLaz »
He played well but ,his strike rate is 1 in 4 in League 1 or lower, not exactly setting the world on fire.

Believe what you see with your eyes, not what wikipedia tells you.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 27, 2018, 07:31:06 pm by GazLaz »
I agree: he put the fear of god into poor little Mason. I think that lad has a big future in the game, looks like he can do everything......wonder how much he would go for?

A team like Wigan or Blackburn would be nicking him at half a million quid.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 27, 2018, 07:51:47 pm by RugbyRover »

A team like Wigan or Blackburn would be nicking him at half a million quid.

looks like he's a bit older than I thought, I thought he was a young kid but seems to be 24...maybe a late developer? seems he had a few misdemeanours in his early career.

he can't play that well every game else someone would have picked him up already. Certainly one of the standout performances at the Keepmoat this season tho.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 27, 2018, 07:58:35 pm by bobbymax »
Here's the alternative view.
All I saw was a dirty t@*t who spent most of the game barging into whichever defender happed to be nearest the ball as it fell out the sky. He should have been booked long before he was and off for that shocking challenge on Alcock. They were the most limited, one dimensional team I've seen all season. Had we had any fit defenders, they wouldn't have got a sniff.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 27, 2018, 08:00:42 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
If he can bully proper defences the way he did our defiantly a good player, but has to be said that he was playing against a young fullback, an ageing and out of form/practise fullback and a sub fullback in a back three. not the best barometer for judging players quality

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 27, 2018, 08:04:45 pm by StocktonRover »
Am I the only one who thinks he should have been red carded after the challenge on Alcock. Not just for the challenge but for the fact behind the refs back after he was booked he swung out at Whitman (?)
I can understand the ref not seeing it but both Lino’s and the 4th official should have seen it.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 27, 2018, 08:07:34 pm by Donnywolf »

Wonder if their game plan included to "target" in Joe Wright ? Obviously they knew we were depleted at CB and if we had just the one how good would it be to get at him / nobble him ?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 27, 2018, 08:08:49 pm by Drover »

Believe what you see with your eyes, not what wikipedia tells you.

Not after 1 game! Many,Many players have looked world beaters in their first game for Rovers,only to end up being a bag of cack.And as sewardsdrfc says,with the 1st choice CH pair missing,Wright going off injured early and with players playing out of position,that was one of the weakest/disjointed defense I have seen us play for a longtime(years).Mind you,I was'nt at Glandford park Tues.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 08:21:02 pm by Drover »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 27, 2018, 08:10:35 pm by The Red Baron »
With a strong referee he'd have been off before half time for an accumulation of fouls. The over the top tackle on Alcock was worth a red all on its own.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 27, 2018, 08:10:44 pm by Donnywolf »
Am I the only one who thinks he should have been red carded after the challenge on Alcock. Not just for the challenge but for the fact behind the refs back after he was booked he swung out at Whitman (?)
I can understand the ref not seeing it but both Lino’s and the 4th official should have seen it.

No you are not. He was at it all game - fouling - diving - & hounding Lawlor twice in the same passage of play. Then the "tackle" on Alcock was a bad un. Then of course there were handbags afterwards which the East Stand Lino clearly saw and of course ignored

Good stand out Player - bad sportsman !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012