Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:09:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Two more impending Coppinger milestones  (Read 2389 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Two more impending Coppinger milestones
« on February 11, 2018, 11:26:25 am by The Red Baron »
1. Next time he starts a game for Rovers it will be his 500th start in a first team competitive match.

2. His next start will also be his 600th in senior football - assuming we count the 36 starts he made for Exeter City in the Conference in 2003-04.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Two more impending Coppinger milestones
« Reply #1 on February 11, 2018, 01:34:47 pm by Donnywolf »
I am doing the 250 word Report next week for the Fleetwood game - so it would be good if that coincided with something !

I did one for the Peterborough game last Season when JC should have made it to 500 appearances (of some kind) and we sold cheap Tickets but of course he was crocked and did not play !

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 11, 2018, 02:00:33 pm by The Red Baron »
I am doing the 250 word Report next week for the Fleetwood game - so it would be good if that coincided with something !

I did one for the Peterborough game last Season when JC should have made it to 500 appearances (of some kind) and we sold cheap Tickets but of course he was crocked and did not play !

If McCullough is up to 90 minutes I wouldn't be surprised to see a back three at Walsall, which means Copps is less likely to start.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 11, 2018, 04:15:22 pm by Donnywolf »
 :thumbsup: (for personal reasons of course)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 12, 2018, 08:44:30 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
If Copps plays at Walsall...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q56M5OZS1A8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q56M5OZS1A8</a>

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 13, 2018, 10:13:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
So that's 501 for Copps. But... has it been done before? Obviously not in Football league games, but ages ago when I was trying to pin down Walter Langford's tally, I got to 45 Football League and FA Cup games and then he was available for a further 324 League and 88 cup games, which would bring it up to 460. And then there were a further 77 friendly games in the period when Rovers weren't in a league - so, arguably, they would count too.

There is a book out  that I think may help tot up at least some of the Midland League stats. The friendly games may well be lost to history.

That is potentially 537 games. I don't know that he was out for many significant periods due to injury etc, but no doubt he missed some games. But he was SOLID, and quite probably didn't miss many and I would wager did play in more than 500 games.

Just saying...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 16, 2018, 07:14:48 pm by The Red Baron »
Copps may reach the 500 starts milestone tomorrow.

I'll be making the case for Walter Langton to be added to the Hall of Fame. We may not be able to quantify the number of games he played for Rovers, but he was a fantastic servant to the club.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 17, 2018, 09:38:05 am by Donnywolf »
Copps may reach the 500 starts milestone tomorrow.

I'll be making the case for Walter Langton to be added to the Hall of Fame. We may not be able to quantify the number of games he played for Rovers, but he was a fantastic servant to the club.

So TRB - that would be Starts as in "on at the Kick off" - dumb question probably is !

I am confused - does not take much - so could you give us a summary / recent history if you have one to hand of the milestones for JC

Also - apologies I know you have done this recently - what is on the near horizon for 26JC

Indebted and I will save it for posterity ! Cheers DW

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 17, 2018, 10:18:39 am by The Red Baron »
Starts means in the starting XI as opposed to coming on as a sub.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012