Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:18:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Taxi for ferguson  (Read 5537 times)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
Re: Taxi for ferguson
« Reply #30 on February 13, 2018, 11:04:38 pm by Albert Trousers »
Has to go I agree but I have a degree of sympathy for him tonight, he couldn’t have expected the players to put in such a disinterested shift, 5 yard passes to a man with now Walsall player near we’re going out for throw ins, they weren’t great at all & Lawlor barely had a save to make but we look like s side who are already relegated. The midfield/wing back 5 tonight of Blair, Rowe,Kongolo, Houghton & Whiteman were nothing short of an embarrassment.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 13, 2018, 11:06:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
To entirely misquote and misatribute Stalin - one man looking disinterested is unfortunate, 11 players doing bugger all has much deeper roots.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 13, 2018, 11:19:04 pm by Akinfenwa »
How often do we have midfield players as the flanks' last line of defence? Our defending in those areas really can be a bag of spanners at times, and is it any wonder why?

I get that there's supposed to be some beneficial trade-off that allows us to be stronger in other areas but it doesn't appear to be working as intended. The midfield has been pants and the forwards aren't performing either.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 13, 2018, 11:29:21 pm by since-1969 »
Can't see a game coming up that I could confidently say we will win. Damage limitation needed second half but can't c us coming back from 3 down. Lose to Fleetwood- which on current showings is more than possible - and we will be in the ZONE which we know Fergie will not be able to get us out of. Hope I am wrong but starting to get a really bad feeling about our run in.
What would happen if we went down .
DF - leaves
Rowe- leaves
Kongolo -returns
Marquis - moves on
Etc etc ... there are more negitives than positives .
The board would set its stall out as a lower league club and reign all the expenses in and reduce the playing staff to fit a reduced budget so no more development players.

If DF has lost the players and can’t get another run going then L2 is looking more likely.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 14, 2018, 10:29:36 am by drfchound »
Can't see a game coming up that I could confidently say we will win. Damage limitation needed second half but can't c us coming back from 3 down. Lose to Fleetwood- which on current showings is more than possible - and we will be in the ZONE which we know Fergie will not be able to get us out of. Hope I am wrong but starting to get a really bad feeling about our run in.
DF - leaves
Rowe- leaves
Kongolo -returns
Marquis - moves on
The board would set its stall out as a lower league club and reign all the expenses in and reduce the playing staff to fit a reduced budget so no more development players.

If DF has lost the players and can’t get another run going then L2 is looking more likely.

Hard to argue with most of that.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 14, 2018, 07:26:02 pm by silent majority »
DF - leaves
Rowe- leaves
Kongolo -returns
Marquis - moves on

Apart from the board reigning in the costs of course, why would they do that? Its easier to balance a budget in the lower league than this one so expenditure should be OK, as was proven last season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 14, 2018, 07:58:09 pm by drfchound »
DF - leaves
Rowe- leaves
Kongolo -returns
Marquis - moves on

Apart from the board reigning in the costs of course, why would they do that? Its easier to balance a budget in the lower league than this one so expenditure should be OK, as was proven last season.

Well, attendances would be lower in L2, as they were last season, so income would be less.
In fact they could be lower than last season because lots of floating fans would be very disappointed at yet another relegation and perhaps not bother coming at all to the KMS.
Less income = less money available to give to the manager.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 14, 2018, 09:12:41 pm by silent majority »
DF - leaves
Rowe- leaves
Kongolo -returns
Marquis - moves on

Well, attendances would be lower in L2, as they were last season, so income would be less.
In fact they could be lower than last season because lots of floating fans would be very disappointed at yet another relegation and perhaps not bother coming at all to the KMS.
Less income = less money available to give to the manager.

Don't doubt that attendances would drop, but that's not all the argument. Yes less money from ticket sales but expenses drop dramatically too. So less expenditure means the same amount to go around, as we did last season. Its a known fact that Lg1 is the hardest league to balance the books in the top 4 divisions.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 17, 2018, 03:31:03 am by 1879Rovers »
I think the West Brom players have pinched it.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 17, 2018, 05:40:04 am by raggytash »
I think if we did go down. Blunt and Baldwin would have to go to...clearly not upto the job and if they give the Ferguson too long it’s entirely there decision when they have the power to act now.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 17, 2018, 08:05:16 am by acko »
Sorry i stick with DF till at least the end of season.Who would replace him who we could afford,and who would want a job whereby it seems the only players they could sign are young inexperianced loanees.Ive heard people mention Wilcox but would he make a difference.No stick with DF till end of season at least and a change in transfer stratergy is needed.I am confident we will not go down.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 17, 2018, 08:36:18 am by Campsall rover »
Sorry i stick with DF till at least the end of season.Who would replace him who we could afford,and who would want a job whereby it seems the only players they could sign are young inexperianced loanees.Ive heard people mention Wilcox but would he make a difference.No stick with DF till end of season at least and a change in transfer stratergy is needed.I am confident we will not go down.
Yes Wilcox would I my opinion steady the ship and would totally abandon the 3/5 at the back system.
Hope we don’t need that to happen. It’s up to Fergie to sort it over the next 3 games.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 17, 2018, 08:50:00 am by Campsall rover »
I think if we did go down. Blunt and Baldwin would have to go to...clearly not upto the job and if they give the Ferguson too long it’s entirely there decision when they have the power to act now.
Are Blunt and Baldwin responsible for the tacticts and performances on the field of play?
Do you want them to do what Richardson did and run the dressing room and pick the team.
No they don’t do that do they. They employ a manager and coach to do that.
He has a budget and he uses that in the way he wishes. They decide on tacticts and pick the team.
That’s what they are paid for. End of. Get a proper perspective on reality raggytash.
All you do is slag the board off. We are luck to have local people running the club as it should be run.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 17, 2018, 08:51:54 am by Campsall rover »
Let’s see where Barnsley are in 3 years.  :facepalm:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 17, 2018, 09:19:12 am by drfchound »
If Ferguson does get the bullet we have no idea who is out there to bring in, yes that is true.
However, by the same token there is also likely to be the man who can get more out of the players than the DF
As Campsall says, the CEO and Chairman don’t pick the team.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 17, 2018, 09:33:17 am by dickos1 »
At the end of the day up until the week when we lost all our centre halves we were doing very well. We all hoped we could manage but we're struggling. All it's done is open the door to all the moaners who have been quiet for the majority of the season.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 17, 2018, 10:44:43 am by idler »
Dickos if there is nothing to moan at then people won't moan much.
If in their eyes there is something to moan about then they will. The main problem is the very small percentage that never make a positive post when we are doing well but come straight on when we lose.
I think that in our present position we have every reason to be concerned. That level of concern will vary with each fan's personality. Reasoned,structured debate is a good way to air grievances and possibly swayed by another point of view whereas point scoring between posters achieves nothing. Having watched the Rovers for 50 years in August I'm used to being disappointed but still remain optimistic. We need the players to give us more confidence hopefully starting today.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 17, 2018, 10:57:43 am by IDM »

Rubbish..  we’re not owned and run by disreputable characters, and football form aside, we are probably run now as best as we ever have been..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 17, 2018, 10:57:52 am by dickos1 »
I agree, of course we can be disappointed but the rationale people can look and see that the main cause is injuries to our 3 centre halves.
But for the wallys it's just an opportunity to come back and slag the manager off

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 17, 2018, 12:43:23 pm by drfchound »
Dickos if there is nothing to moan at then people won't moan much.
If in their eyes there is something to moan about then they will. The main problem is the very small percentage that never make a positive post when we are doing well but come straight on when we lose.
I think that in our present position we have every reason to be concerned. That level of concern will vary with each fan's personality. Reasoned,structured debate is a good way to air grievances and possibly swayed by another point of view whereas point scoring between posters achieves nothing. Having watched the Rovers for 50 years in August I'm used to being disappointed but still remain optimistic. We need the players to give us more confidence hopefully starting today.

Idler, a good post.
I consider myself to be a concerned poster, not a moaner.
I have also followed the Rovers for over fifty years and reserve the right to be concerned when things are not going too well.

I do make plenty of positive posts.
There have been plenty of good times.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 01:41:25 pm by drfchound »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 17, 2018, 01:35:52 pm by dickos1 »
You must have been concerned a long time

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 17, 2018, 06:10:37 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Cancel that bloody taxi right now! Who on earth would we replace him with, when we have only 12 matches left? John Sheridan, Stuart McCall, Phil Brown?   :facepalm:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012