Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:27:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Fleetwood game  (Read 5406 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Lets talk about the Fleetwood game
« Reply #30 on February 15, 2018, 12:54:46 pm by steve@dcfd »
With what squad we have it’s hard to see what is our best side. It appears we can’t play a back three with the players we’ve got at the moment.

Dependent whose fit and available.

So it will be guess work.

Lawlor

Mason   Baudry   Anderson or.  Garrett
                                Boyle
    Blair.  Houghton.  McCullough.   Rowe

Marquis.     Kiwomya       

You can replace one of Houghton or McCullough with Whiteman all three are not in good form so it’s a toss up.

It’s whether we play Coppinger, Kiwomya, Beestin or May. Three of them are not scoring goals and one returning from illness so which one will improve the side not sure.         

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 15, 2018, 12:57:17 pm by IDM »
I think we have to start with Coppinger, he can be the spark that gets us a decent lead?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 15, 2018, 01:33:20 pm by Campsall rover »
With what squad we have it’s hard to see what is our best side. It appears we can’t play a back three with the players we’ve got at the moment.

Dependent whose fit and available.

So it will be guess work.

Lawlor

Mason   Baudry   Anderson or.  Garrett
                                Boyle
    Blair.  Houghton.  McCullough.   Rowe

Marquis.     Kiwomya       

You can replace one of Houghton or McCullough with Whiteman all three are not in good form so it’s a toss up.

It’s whether we play Coppinger, Kiwomya, Beestin or May. Three of them are not scoring goals and one returning from illness so which one will improve the side not sure.       
McCullough is in form has been the only bright spark in the last two matches.
The problem is we are not picking the team DF is and your guess is as good as mine.
I hope he gets it right or :byebye:  :byebye:

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 15, 2018, 02:08:36 pm by Retdon1 »
Fergy would never do this as he's far too stubborn and only played 5-3-2 or 4-4-2 diamond but I would play 4-3-3 similar how Liverpool set up.
                            lawlor
   Mason.     Baudry.        Anderson.    Garret

Whiteman.     McCullough.     Rowe

Copps                                          Beeston
                          Marquis

Get our better more creative players further up the pitch where they can do some damage.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 15, 2018, 02:51:16 pm by 1879Rovers »
Massive game. Fleetwood are in free fall but just behind us in the table. We win and it really takes a lot of the pressure of us at the moment. Another defeat and we are in serious trouble. Our games have an history of being shocking 0-0s. I can see another one on Saturday.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 15, 2018, 03:17:04 pm by the vicar »
Since you have been doing these Brian we have done quite shit mate lol

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 15, 2018, 04:59:50 pm by goalkick »
Six pointer this game.if we lose will be in a bit of trouble.hope the players put a shift in different to the last two games.hope the crowd get behind the team.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 15, 2018, 05:22:07 pm by GazLaz »
We have lost one at home since October and Fleetwood have only lost one away since early December. Two sides in form.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 15, 2018, 11:50:42 pm by selby »
  So its my fault is it Dave

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 16, 2018, 09:54:00 am by Donnywolf »
  So its my fault is it Dave

I am here to save you ! Its my Birthday tomorrow and though we lost on the day I was born we have only lost once since v Chester in 74.

Last 6 games have all been at Home and we have stayed unbeaten - so tomorrow is lucky 7 ! Win 2-0

P.S. Happy Birthday to Peter Kitchen today and Liam Mandeville tomorrow !

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 16, 2018, 03:48:20 pm by selby »
  Vicar (Dave) I started the threads to try and get supporters to give their opinion and discuss the next game coming up.
  There has been some very good points made over the weeks, good well meaning banter, and basically I have enjoyed it.
   Don't blame me if Fergie takes no notice of us. He He.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 17, 2018, 07:00:19 pm by selby »
  Well at last a good win this year, and a better set up in defence, and people in midfield (McCollough and Beestin) who could look after the ball when we were in possession.
  Mason and the two loan centre backs played very well, and Alcock played OK,although Fleetwood didn't pose much of a threat in wide positions.
  Rowe and Coppinger pulled the strings further up the field where they are a threat, and Marquis put in another great hard working and unselfish display leading the line.
   Kiwomya scoring the first goal must have been very pleasing for him after his start to life with us, and he looked a threat while on the pitch.
   A much better end to the week, but I expect a much more difficult game next week, one to be discussed in the next few days, but for now the wife is having a much more pleasant evening, and the dog may even get a couple of treats.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 17, 2018, 09:24:03 pm by Filo »
A simple enough answer Filo, and very true, but how would you go about achieving a result?

I'd address the full back positions first, do something radical and play a left back in the left back position (Garrett), same with the Right back position (Mason), can't comment on the two CB's I've not seen them play. Midfield, Luke comes in for Houghton, Copps right of a Diamond, Rowe left, and Whiteman at the tip behind Marquis and Kiwomya

Well I got the formation right, the personel was slightly different

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 18, 2018, 09:45:23 am by selby »
  Filo, I don't think anyone could have got the personel right, in fact I think Fergie might come on here and think "I am not doing that" especially with formations.
  On a serious note, I think a little praise should be offered to Fergie, he did change quite a lot yesterday both in personal and tactics and it came off.
   Lets hope it is the start of a decent run of form, certainly  we retained the ball much better in mid field, and we got the ball forward much quicker. having said that the opposition were not great, and looked low on confidence, much harder games lie ahead, especially next weekend, and we will need our better players to stand up and be counted,

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 18, 2018, 10:09:44 am by IDM »
Let’s not forget McCullough and Kiwomya have only just got into the side, we can’t expect them to be 100% yet every game..

At least we have Houghton and Whiteman, Baudry to come back in to give Fergie options.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 18, 2018, 10:39:22 pm by bobjimwilly »
man of the match poll now up --> https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=265330

TinyPortal © 2005-2012