Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:57:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: COPPS PART 2  (Read 4881 times)

acko

• Forum Member
COPPS PART 2
« on February 14, 2018, 04:49:31 pm by acko »
Missing again from the starting line up,it is becomeing painfully obvios that he cant do this 2 games a week lark or last 90 minutes anymore.I he hasnt already made his mind up someone will have to do it for him.the same scinareno as ihe LAMPARD,TERRY and GERARD,It certainly wont win any popularity votes for the manager but there should be no sympathy in football.He should go now with all our blessings and thanks

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
Re: COPPS PART 2
« Reply #1 on February 14, 2018, 04:52:23 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Is it APRIL fools day ?

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 14, 2018, 04:53:19 pm by swintonrover »
After Copps came on last night, we scored twice. He is still our most important player, we are a far worse team without him on the pitch. We could still get at least another season from him. To let him go now would be foolish beyond belief.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 14, 2018, 04:53:31 pm by esdailles left foot »
Absolute cobblers.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 14, 2018, 05:14:06 pm by Branton Rover »
Clearly wasn’t there last night Copps gave us movement, drive, angled balls - he was the difference and the reason we won the 2nd half.

Fergie stated himself that he’d played Copps for 6 straight games which he felt was too much. That was the reason he didn’t start but shows we can’t compete without the quality he brings

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 14, 2018, 06:09:11 pm by Donnywolf »
Absolute cobblers.

Which ? Acko or esdailles left foot ?

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 14, 2018, 06:48:06 pm by essexrover »
" Go now". Seriously ? Unbelievable !! Unless you mean Fergie  :)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 14, 2018, 06:52:32 pm by roversdude »
I thought Ull fans would be too busy (rightly) bemoaning Ryan Mason retiring

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 14, 2018, 06:56:22 pm by The Red Baron »
I do think there is something wrong when our best player is a 37 year old who can't play every game (even though he's one of our fittest players).

The solution though is not to get rid of our best player. That really is madness.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 14, 2018, 07:09:26 pm by Copps is Magic »
Ludicrous comparison as well. Terry is still playing and Lampard and Gerrard had lucrative contracts waiting for them in America.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 14, 2018, 07:30:02 pm by acko »
nobody is suggesting that Copps goes now.what i am saying the manager at this stage should be looking ahead to the players he would like to keep and those what should be playing to impress in the hope of new contrct.As for Lampard,Terryand Gerrardyhey would gave all stayed if offered the contracts they thought they deserved.Tne only contract i would offer Copps is a pay as you play.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 14, 2018, 07:43:23 pm by Filo »
nobody is suggesting that Copps goes now.what i am saying the manager at this stage should be looking ahead to the players he would like to keep and those what should be playing to impress in the hope of new contrct.As for Lampard,Terryand Gerrardyhey would gave all stayed if offered the contracts they thought they deserved.Tne only contract i would offer Copps is a pay as you play.

You suggested he go now in your opening post

Missing again from the starting line up,it is becomeing painfully obvios that he cant do this 2 games a week lark or last 90 minutes anymore.I he hasnt already made his mind up someone will have to do it for him.the same scinareno as ihe LAMPARD,TERRY and GERARD,It certainly wont win any popularity votes for the manager but there should be no sympathy in football.He should go now with all our blessings and thanks

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 14, 2018, 09:09:12 pm by roversdude »
 :chair:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 14, 2018, 09:09:16 pm by Campsall rover »
Are you having a laugh.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 14, 2018, 09:17:19 pm by LincolnDonny »
Copps?

1 word for him still is

CLASS

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 14, 2018, 09:17:45 pm by IDM »

You suggested he go now in your opening post

I know there are plenty of disagreements on this forum, but contradicting yourself in the first page of a thread of your own starting, takes some beating!!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 14, 2018, 09:52:27 pm by roversdude »
No he didn’t
Oh yeah he did

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 15, 2018, 09:35:01 am by wing commander »
   it's all well and good saying that we are much better when Copps is on the pitch but he commands a wage of a player who should be on it for 90 mins..We pay for the time he cant play just as much as we benefit from when he can...Basically for me if we can agree a contract that reflects what he can play next season when he is 38 that's fine..But if he wants too much then we would be better off letting him go and putting that wage to his long term replacement..Nothing lasts forever sadly...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 15, 2018, 10:36:17 am by IDM »
But if Copps starts and is subbed after 60-70 mins when we are in a winning position, or he comes off the bench for 20-30 minutes and lifts the team and helps get positive results, isn’t that much the same  as playing 90 mins??

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 15, 2018, 10:46:39 am by wing commander »
  Yes if that actually happens but its not is it...I just don't think it help the team..Opposition managers are not stupid,they know he will be coming off after 70 if he starts.They probably have a new game plan ready for that moment if they need to chase a game..
      This summer is the time when Coppinger has to be replaced one way or another as a first team regular..I hope we can agree a contract for him to stay one more year as a impact player from the bench but his contract has to reflect that...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 15, 2018, 11:02:18 am by The Red Baron »
We do need to find a replacement but buying one "off the shelf" will cost - probably more than giving him another year on the same terms. There are some young lads- Beestin, Mandeville, maybe Longbottom, who could develop into the player to fill that role. I would say they are not yet ready.

Copps is clear that he wants to play on. How galling would it be to see him join another League One club and help them to gain promotion?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 15, 2018, 11:22:05 am by wing commander »
   I disagree Baron,I cant see any of those players being good enough in that position to replace Copps,Mandeville seems well out of favour,Longbottom is miles away and Beestin still has a lot to prove.We need to spend money for a more developed player and our budget doesn't afford the luxury of a full paid Copps and a decent replacement
   I certainly wouldn't extend his contract on the same terms unless he's payed less than I would expect currently,i also don't think he would get a contract at a top end league 1 club and if he did he wouldn't play much...
    I think we have a basis for a good team this year,big paid players like Evina and Williams will disappear off the wage bill freeing funds.Kiwomya with a pre season behind him will be like a new player and Andrews will hopefully be back and fill a big problem we currently have..Add 3 or 4 quality additions and I would fancy us next year if we had more luck on the injury front...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 15, 2018, 11:35:24 am by The Red Baron »
Any of the three could develop a lot in 12 months, although I take your point about Mandeville and think he could be made available for transfer this summer.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 15, 2018, 11:58:32 am by wing commander »
  Personally I believe Mandeville has the most potential but obviously Ferguson has been disappointed with him and the omens aren't good for his future here..Beestin has had a good start but is showing those inconsistency's that all young players at our level have.He could go either way over the next twelve months like you say...

I wouldn't be surprised if Mandeville changed clubs and became a sensation I really wouldn't.Take ATS a player ridiculed by most on here,booed when he played and even laughed at by some when he got injured..People mocked when he signed for Plymouth,now look at him...Came into there team and since then has played a regular part in a team who are flying over the last 3 months and now challenging for the playoffs and the fans absolutely love him and think he should play every game...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:02:31 pm by wing commander »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 15, 2018, 12:03:26 pm by RoversAlias »
You're definitely on a wind up if you think that, Taylor-Sinclair barely gets a look-in at Plymouth because they saw immediately how naff he is, he's played a grand total of 50 minutes in the last two months whilst they've gone on this winning run.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 15, 2018, 12:04:17 pm by Chris Black come back »
He has only played five times in the league since November.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 15, 2018, 12:10:12 pm by wing commander »
   He's been injured but the there fans have a completely different view of him to we do..They actually think he is a very good player....The point I'm making is that sometimes a change of clubs helps a player and I think that would in Mandevilles case..I'm not sure under DF he has a future here regardless of his potential...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 15, 2018, 05:39:37 pm by dickos1 »
You've just said he's played a major part in there team over the last 3 months.
They probably like him cause he hasn't played very often.
He was shite for us, as was main, and now he's playing pub football

redordead

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 15, 2018, 05:51:28 pm by redordead »
must be the only pub in the world classed as a country, is that classed as racist or just ill considered.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 15, 2018, 06:00:14 pm by dickos1 »
Racist?
It's just a terrible standard of football,

TinyPortal © 2005-2012