Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:22:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Fergie Leave or Remain

Leave
83 (43.9%)
Remain
106 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author Topic: Fergie Referrendum  (Read 11125 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Fergie Referrendum
« on February 14, 2018, 08:32:06 pm by Branton Rover »
We seem to be running De ja vu of 2 years ago - question is stick or twist

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Fergie Referrendum
« Reply #1 on February 14, 2018, 08:36:33 pm by The Red Baron »
I reckon it will come out 52/48. Not sure which way though.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 14, 2018, 08:52:03 pm by Surrey Rover »
I'll answer after the next two home games v Fleetwood & Bury

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 14, 2018, 08:52:38 pm by RedJ »
b*llocks I voted the one I voted last time :laugh: can you change your vote?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 14, 2018, 08:55:27 pm by idler »
What purpose will this poll serve?
This forum is a small percentage of our support and maybe not representative.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 14, 2018, 09:06:06 pm by Campsall rover »
I'll answer after the next two home games v Fleetwood & Bury
Do you think he will last that long.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 14, 2018, 09:19:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »

How else to you gauge opinion? Take a smaller number of the population and get an idea from that.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 14, 2018, 09:20:09 pm by keith79 »
When we win on Saturday it will give him another 5 games.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 14, 2018, 09:31:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

That's the thing though if you poll 100 people you'll probably get a very close result to polling 10000.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 14, 2018, 09:32:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm stay for now though.  But the next two games will answer many questions.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 14, 2018, 09:43:26 pm by Pancho Regan »
Can we have a 3rd voting option please?

3. This is a futile and unhelpful poll and I disagree with it.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 14, 2018, 09:48:37 pm by Jonathan »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 14, 2018, 09:53:09 pm by Filo »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 14, 2018, 10:12:12 pm by Campsall rover »
It’s harmless. It will just give a guide to how this forum’s members are thinking. It will not be an accurate representation of all Rovers supporters though.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 14, 2018, 10:28:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
I am not sure much would be gained by sacking him now to be honest. The more relevant question is as TRB has posed, is that when we stay up this season (as I believe is more likely outcome, just) is he the man to take us forward through that five year plan?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 14, 2018, 10:30:00 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I clicked leave by accident. I had one job! Must be habit voting leave

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 14, 2018, 10:30:12 pm by Campsall rover »
If we don’t beat Fleetwood and get well beaten at Rotherham which obviously I hope doesn’t happen then the clamour for his dismissal will be I believe overwhelming. Compared to most clubs I think Rovers fans are very tolerant. But we are not going to accept a repeat of 2016 none of us are wanting to go to Newport or Yeovil next season.
( no disrespect to those 2 clubs )
Enough is enough and I think even this board will run out of patience.
Relegation again would be an unmitigating disaster. It cannot be allowed to happen.
If we beat Fleetwood and put up a good display against Rotherham and then beat Bury, well he will have earned a reprieve.
I still think he must get a grip though on the way he wants to play and stick to it weak in week out otherwise this situation is going to become a recurring theme.

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 14, 2018, 10:53:57 pm by Peebles Rover »
I think it's only heading one way, you get the sense of a manager after 2 years if he has a vision, a plan, and a style of play. I don't think watching the Rovers this season that I see any of that. The last two games have been abject. It's basically poor viewing compared to most of what we've seen the last 12 years or so. It's just a bit uninspiring. And the trend line under Ferguson is not upward.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 14, 2018, 11:39:16 pm by POD »
It's difficult for a Manager when he's had three wins on the bounce over Christmas with no goals conceded and then three creditable draws against top teams, to then lose his three central defenders in the space of a week - it's not easy to cope with that and bring in similar replacements when the budget is tight.  Give the man a break and get behind the team, we'd all like to see more attacking play, with Blair and Rowe in more advanced positions, but we just don't have the personnel to fill the gaps and allow this at the moment. The season is now about avoiding relegation and achieving a mid table position if possible and going again next season.  Other teams like Leeds and Wednesday change their manager at the drop of hat - I'd like to think that we are better than that!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 15, 2018, 12:24:52 am by RoversAlias »
As with the Brexit vote, it's "Remain" for me.

aussyroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 15, 2018, 04:03:02 am by aussyroy »
As with the Brexit vote, it's "Remain" for me.
Its go for me, but I don't think it will happen. The board would have to pay Ferguson's contract out, then start again.
There probably isn't enough money in the coffers for new manager/players etc

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 15, 2018, 08:29:31 am by Campsall rover »
It's difficult for a Manager when he's had three wins on the bounce over Christmas with no goals conceded and then three creditable draws against top teams, to then lose his three central defenders in the space of a week - it's not easy to cope with that and bring in similar replacements when the budget is tight.  Give the man a break and get behind the team, we'd all like to see more attacking play, with Blair and Rowe in more advanced positions, but we just don't have the personnel to fill the gaps and allow this at the moment. The season is now about avoiding relegation and achieving a mid table position if possible and going again next season.  Other teams like Leeds and Wednesday change their manager at the drop of hat - I'd like to think that we are better than that!
We are better than that though aren’t we. He survived one relegation how many relegations are acceptable? Yes I know we are not down or even in the bottom 4 but based on the last 2 matches we WILL GO DOWN. We won’t score goals if we dont create chances and we aren’t going to create many, if any when your two most creative players ( Copps excepted ) are playing at full back or wing backs.
Before someone says we scored 2 at Walsall, well that’s a fat lot of good when your 4-0 down.
DF has a massive motivational job to do this week because if we do not win on Saturday I fear really fear the worst.
He has to abondon the 3 centre back 2 wing backs system, confine it to the dustbin and play 2 proper full backs in Mason and Garrett. McCullough into midfield. With Blair or Copps & Houghton or Whiteman one of those 2 need resting and Rowe. Play Kiwoyma up front with Marquis as Beestin needs a rest also.
If the light hasn’t switched on after that debacle on Tuesday then it never will and we will forever be a team without a plan/system/formation call it what you will.
DF NOW IS THE TIME TO PROVE YOU ARE A MANAGER OF SUBSTANCE. 3 MORE GAMES 6 POINTS or
ON YOUR BIKE. I Can accept draws against FLeetwood and Bury if there are mitigating circumstances,
Such as desperate bad luck or a Ref again who is incompetent and turns down 3 clear cut penalties.
BUT the level of performance has to be there we must see BOTTLE, FIGHT and a team with a playing style and method.  :that:   :rtid:

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 15, 2018, 08:57:30 am by aidanstu »
Do we really have to suffer this type of post every time there is a defeat. He bloke took us up comfortably last year.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 15, 2018, 09:01:56 am by Branton Rover »
Some would argue too comfortably we lost the last 4 costing the title

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 15, 2018, 09:05:20 am by steve@dcfd »
Yet again it’s all about the manager who does have his faults yet if anybody dares to criticise the board and budget they are jumped upon.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 15, 2018, 09:08:09 am by balbyrover »

What do you disagree with entirely?
It's a open forum for people to post there opinion and views on all things DRFC related.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 15, 2018, 09:10:48 am by Campsall rover »
Do we really have to suffer this type of post every time there is a defeat. He bloke took us up comfortably last year.
You were not there on Tuesday quite clearly. If you were I would be flabbergasted at that comment!!!
It’s not the defeat or a draw,  I can always accept them as they will happen.
It’s the tacticts, formation and the level of performance we are concerned about.
In all my years of being a fan I have never had a rant like this before. There is a reason for it.
I am a very positive person always a glass half full person. I am only commenting on what I can see out on the field of play.
We have good players Yes we are short of 3 /4 quality players that would turn us into a promotion challenging team but no way should we be getting into a relegation scrap, it’s the manager and coach that’s the problem.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 15, 2018, 09:12:31 am by vaya »

What do you disagree with entirely?
It's a open forum for people to post there opinion and views on all things DRFC related.

That's probably why he's expressing his opinion that he disagrees.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 15, 2018, 09:14:24 am by dickos1 »
The strong differing opinions are remarkable on here some strongly blaming the manager and defending the board others strongly blaming the board and defending the manager, some strongly blaming the players,

Surely it is a bit of all these elements it's a bit weird to blame just one

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 15, 2018, 09:39:17 am by silent majority »
The strong differing opinions are remarkable on here some strongly blaming the manager and defending the board others strongly blaming the board and defending the manager, some strongly blaming the players,

Surely it is a bit of all these elements it's a bit weird to blame just one

Yet again it’s all about the manager who does have his faults yet if anybody dares to criticise the board and budget they are jumped upon.

Because your criticisms of the board and budget are based on guesswork and prejudice. Despite the bare facts staring you in the face, and the amount of times I've offered information contrary to your position, you still choose to blame the board and budget for our seeming demise.

Last season the current owners wrote off outstanding loans of £14m. This club is currently in the best financial health during the 50 years that I've been supporting them, yet for some reason known only to yourself it seems that that isn't good enough.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012