Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:21:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Fergie Leave or Remain

Leave
83 (43.9%)
Remain
106 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author Topic: Fergie Referrendum  (Read 11054 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Fergie Referrendum
« Reply #60 on February 15, 2018, 06:41:49 pm by dickos1 »
If the season finished today then we have comfortably stayed up, all this doom mongering is all about what could happen.
I'll say it again, people were saying they'd be delighted at a midtable finish but they can't handle the journey in achieving it

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 15, 2018, 07:08:08 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I think the squad we have should comfortably stay up in this league. Therefore the fact that we are struggling a bit focuses attention on the manager, the style of play,formations etc & on that basis Fergie is failing.
When Dickov got sacked we were 17th, therefore we are only one place better off after all this time (there was also an interim manager of  course in between Dickov & Fergie).Let's not forget he wanted to be judged when he had HIS team. Well he has now. So he's failing,sadly.
Losing three centre backs all at once is a bit of a disaster which nobody could predict & it would be a set back for anybody, but that aside I'm not happy that he's our manager, but I don't like changing unless absolutely essential.
I think go at the end of this season, regardless of whether we stay up or not.

Agreed i don't trust that he is the man to get the most out of the players, i can't think of many (other that Wright) who've improved in the time he's managed us. And isn't that the whole point of what we're trying to do? which i think is the right plan by the board for our club by the way I just can't see a plan or logic behind the on the pitch performances we've had for a long time

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 15, 2018, 07:17:04 pm by idler »
If the season had finished at this date in our previous two relegations we would have stayed up.
The only position that matters is the final one.
I think that the fans have a right to be a bit disappointed in how the players/team performances and results have turned out this year.
I'm not saying sack him but we look a long way from a reliable,solid and settled side. Play Mason and Garrett at full back but have a midfield that can offer them a degree of protection. Keeping a clean sheet garauntees a point and there will always be the odd chance to score and pinch three points. We need a regular system that our players can follow and work with.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 15, 2018, 07:20:13 pm by drfchound »
“If the season finished today” ..????
Well it doesn’t.

It is time that the manager understood what the players are capable of and played to their strengths.
He should be able to manage a point per game to keep us up, you would think.

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 15, 2018, 07:29:19 pm by essexrover »
If the season finished today then we have comfortably stayed up, all this doom mongering is all about what could happen.
I'll say it again, people were saying they'd be delighted at a midtable finish but they can't handle the journey in achieving it
Unfortunately it doesn't end now. I've been watching Rovers since 1978 & have seen more ups 'n' downs than fans of most clubs & I'm quite happy to "handle the journey" to get to wherever we end up. I love the fact about watching Rovers that there's always some late season drama.
For me it's more about the way things are being done & how we're playing etc that gets me a bit down, not the final result.
Regardless of who is managing the team I'll still be cheering for a win on Saturday though, that won't change.
It's not doom mongering, I just think Fergies had more than a fair crack of the whip & I'd prefer someone else. Next season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 15, 2018, 07:33:47 pm by drfchound »
Unfortunately it doesn't end now. I've been watching Rovers since 1978 & have seen more ups 'n' downs than fans of most clubs & I'm quite happy to "handle the journey" to get to wherever we end up. I love the fact about watching Rovers that there's always some late season drama.
For me it's more about the way things are being done & how we're playing etc that gets me a bit down, not the final result.
Regardless of who is managing the team I'll still be cheering for a win on Saturday though, that won't change.
It's not doom mongering, I just think Fergies had more than a fair crack of the whip & I'd prefer someone else. Next season.

Exactly, a very good post.
That sentiments of it will apply to all of the concerned posters on here.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 15, 2018, 07:58:09 pm by dickos1 »
It doesn't end today no, but we've been nowhere near the relegation zone all season!
And we're closer to the top half than we are the relegation zone.
It's just really really negative

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 15, 2018, 08:00:01 pm by drfchound »
We were nowhere near the bottom four two years ago at this stage either.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on February 15, 2018, 08:03:59 pm by drfchound »
Just had a look at the table, top half is 12th upwards and is five points away, exactly the same as the team in fourth from bottom.
FACT.
So we are not closer to the top half as you say.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on February 15, 2018, 08:14:17 pm by dickos1 »
The fact you had to look tells me you hadn't even considered it and are fully consumed in what's below rather than what's above

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 15, 2018, 08:32:17 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I think the reason everyone seems to be looking down worried rather than up is that we've history of end of season slumps and current form isn't doesn't exactly far away from a slump. Getting plenty of draws and staying unbeaten is great if you follow it up with a win but follow it up with a loss or two and it puts a massive downer on everything, particularly when the football isn't entertaining

The only way for us to stop looking over our shoulders and feel a bit more confident is to go an a really positive run and put the relegation risk to bed. i know its not that easy to just go on a winning run. But i think people have a right to be more worried than optimistic for now

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 15, 2018, 08:40:14 pm by RedJ »
If the season finished today then we have comfortably stayed up

I can't even take you seriously when you make statements like this.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 15, 2018, 08:45:24 pm by dickos1 »
That's because you never take it in context. I was replying to someone saying this season we should have stayed up comfortably.
My reply therefore said if we finished today then we would be comfortable and all this negativity is about what could happen.
You're all talking like we're either bottom of the league or we're down already.

We've as much chance of finishing top half as we have in the relegation zone, although strangely this isn't even being considered

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 15, 2018, 08:45:39 pm by Campsall rover »
After what happened in 2016 can you seriously not understand people’s concern? We haven’t won in the last 9 matches inc FA cup v Rochdale.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 15, 2018, 08:49:07 pm by dickos1 »
Like someone pointed out earlier, you're banging on about the past. Like your mrs does to start an arguement.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on February 15, 2018, 09:16:45 pm by DonnyOsmond »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 15, 2018, 10:37:00 pm by drfchound »
The fact you had to look tells me you hadn't even considered it and are fully consumed in what's below rather than what's above

I am concerned about what is below because of what might befall us.
Relegation would be a disaster, yes it would.
It would also fook up the so called five year plan.

Above us is the promised land of mid table, which is, well, mid table.
Acceptable of course but nothing really exciting.
As I have said all season long, I would be very happy with that when the season ends, which isn’t today.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on February 15, 2018, 10:48:13 pm by dickos1 »
You won't be happy with midtable, you'll never be happy. There'll always be a reason why or a but.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 15, 2018, 10:56:52 pm by selby »
   All in all guys,I tend to agree with Dickos, Hound you have the chance to kick me next week.
   I don't think we will go down, but wish Fergie should get his act together, and stop  making the game more complicated than it is.
   Tinkering with the line up, and formations should be put on hold, until we are safe, and players are properly fit.
   If we are safe with two or three games to go, then play a couple of fringe/young players to see if they have a future at the club.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 16, 2018, 12:06:48 am by Campsall rover »
   All in all guys,I tend to agree with Dickos, Hound you have the chance to kick me next week.
   I don't think we will go down, but wish Fergie should get his act together, and stop  making the game more complicated than it is.
   Tinkering with the line up, and formations should be put on hold, until we are safe, and players are properly fit.
   If we are safe with two or three games to go, then play a couple of fringe/young players to see if they have a future at the club.
Have you just got back from the pub Brian. What have you been drinking???
Have you read all the posts on here today Brian. Better wait untill you have had a mug of black coffee.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on February 16, 2018, 12:15:33 am by dickos1 »

Agree with this
He's said back to basics so think we will go with 4-4-2 I think he'll play McCullough and houghton together which worries me that they can't get about the pitch enough, so I'd play coppinger or whiteman just in front, Rowe on left, Blair on right, and marquis

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 16, 2018, 07:37:45 am by i_ateallthepies »

And what exactly is all of your rose tinted glasses all about Dickos?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 16, 2018, 07:51:08 am by Campsall rover »

Agree with this
He's said back to basics so think we will go with 4-4-2 I think he'll play McCullough and houghton together which worries me that they can't get about the pitch enough, so I'd play coppinger or whiteman just in front, Rowe on left, Blair on right, and marquis
Agree 100% with you. He needs to stick with it so the players build an understanding. Not keep changing personel (injuries permitting) and formations game after game.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 16, 2018, 08:06:41 am by Dare to dream! »
Keep with him for now, see where we are in a couple of weeks

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on February 16, 2018, 08:27:25 am by Campsall rover »
Keep with him for now, see where we are in a couple of weeks
3rd of March and then a decision. Stay or go. I hope we have done enough for him to stay.
When he was appointed I was one of the ones who were delighted.
He can be a good manager he just needs to learn from his continuous mistakes.
No body can keep making the same errors as many times as he does and keep his job indefinitely.
Now is MAKE or BREAK.
Come on DF get this sorted for the team, the supporters and your career.
 :thumbsup:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on February 16, 2018, 08:30:58 am by dickos1 »

And what exactly is all of your rose tinted glasses all about Dickos?

Oh the old "rose tinted glasses" one! 

It's called perspective, before Saturday there were no complaints on here, read the forum.
4 days later after two poor performances then it's the end of the world.
Win tomorrow and everyone will be happy again,
It's just daft.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on February 16, 2018, 08:35:48 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Is this the work of Kieran, otherwise known as Swiss Ramble?

Yes.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/960801996247830528

Those graphs don't show budgets. They show wages, which is only part of a club's budget - and even then it only shows the amount of wages that have been spent and not the whole amount of what's available to be spent on wages.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on February 16, 2018, 09:33:30 am by NickDRFC »

Yes.

Those graphs don't show budgets. They show wages, which is only part of a club's budget - and even then it only shows the amount of wages that have been spent and not the whole amount of what's available to be spent on wages.

It's as good an indication as you're likely to see, though - transfer fees are few and far between at this level, a couple of hundred k at most so not going to have any seismic impact. Plus there's not much use for including money held back that could have been spent when you're looking after the event (unless it goes into next year, and then it becomes relevant)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on February 16, 2018, 12:09:21 pm by selby »
  Nick wigan and Blackburn have got a few in, Shrewsbury have used the loan system the best.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on February 16, 2018, 02:22:03 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Yes.

It's as good an indication as you're likely to see, though - transfer fees are few and far between at this level, a couple of hundred k at most so not going to have any seismic impact. Plus there's not much use for including money held back that could have been spent when you're looking after the event (unless it goes into next year, and then it becomes relevant)

So you don't think there's any contingency amount or anything set aside for the January transfer window or any loans that we might need to have during the season?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012