Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:49:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Fergie Leave or Remain

Leave
83 (43.9%)
Remain
106 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author Topic: Fergie Referrendum  (Read 10970 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Fergie Referrendum
« Reply #90 on February 16, 2018, 02:47:52 pm by NickDRFC »
I do. But those graphs show historic wage bills for the full season, so anything that was set aside was either spent, or it wasn't spent so it doesn't really matter. I also think other clubs will have a contingency set aside, so if you're comparing to other clubs then again it doesn't really matter.

I think the continuous talk about budgets on here is really, really tedious, but to me that graph shows pretty unambiguously that we underachieved by getting relegated that season given that there were 7 clubs with published lower wage bills, and of the 6 without figures I'd bet a lot of money that at least 4, probably 5 and possibly all 6 had lower wage bills that season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on February 16, 2018, 03:04:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
Most interesting was greater revenue than us, from the small clubs like Chesterfield, Gillingham and Walsall. Presume they must have sold some decent players as they all have smaller attendance and all largely in shit stadiums.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on February 16, 2018, 06:02:16 pm by Campsall rover »
Most interesting was greater revenue than us, from the small clubs like Chesterfield, Gillingham and Walsall. Presume they must have sold some decent players as they all have smaller attendance and all largely in shit stadiums.
I am amazed at Scunthorpe’s wage bill in 15/16 as they don’t have mega wealthy owners. Recipe for bankruptcy I think. Will be interesting to know what it was in 16/17 & this season.
Whatever happened to FFP is it policed at all. It would seem not.
Bury also with gates of 3000 their owners must be in cookoo land.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on February 16, 2018, 07:57:36 pm by drfchound »
   All in all guys,I tend to agree with Dickos, Hound you have the chance to kick me next week.
   I don't think we will go down, but wish Fergie should get his act together, and stop  making the game more complicated than it is.
   Tinkering with the line up, and formations should be put on hold, until we are safe, and players are properly fit.
   If we are safe with two or three games to go, then play a couple of fringe/young players to see if they have a future at the club.

Brian, most of what you say in that post makes sense to me too.
I agree that we may have enough to stay up but as you say, the manager continues to stir up the mix and over complicate things.
The playing of a back three at Walsall with the two new lads who are clearly not as comfortable on the ball as our other three CB’s was beyond belief.
We all know that Rowe is better deployed further up the pitch but keeps getting shovelled into the LB or LWB role which doesn’t give him as much opportunity to hurt the opposition.

These are some of the things which are turning more fans against him.

Will he stop tinkering?
Who knows but if he says it is back to basics but what is his version of that?

I and numerous other supporters, are not confident that DF is taking the club in the right direction but do hope that he can do.

As for kicking you next week, maybe I will mate.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:14:15 pm by drfchound »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on February 16, 2018, 08:13:01 pm by silent majority »
I am amazed at Scunthorpe’s wage bill in 15/16 as they don’t have mega wealthy owners. Recipe for bankruptcy I think. Will be interesting to know what it was in 16/17 & this season.
Whatever happened to FFP is it policed at all. It would seem not.
Bury also with gates of 3000 their owners must be in cookoo land.

Scunthorpe do have rich owners though, the wife of the current Chairman happens to be the heir to the Wilkinson (retailers) fortunes. He's been spending money left right and centre but it appears now that the new stadium deal has fallen through he's after getting some of his money back. They've parted with a few players in the January transfer window without bringing in anything major. That's essentially why Scunthorpe over performed last season and are doing the same again, its all to do with money!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012