Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:58:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Rowe - The Fall Guy  (Read 1586 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Tommy Rowe - The Fall Guy
« on February 17, 2018, 12:25:33 pm by Branton Rover »
Tommy always seems to be sacrificed for the good of ‘the team’ - he plays as a wingback as a left back and is utilised generally as a left sided midfield man.

My main point being he is consistently played out of his most destructive position where he can burst through into the area and get a shot off, he’s strong and his hard to shrug off the ball.

Fergie stated when asked about Tommy it’s his job to get the most out of him - well clearly he hasn’t found a formation that does which is concerning when you think about how long Tommy has been directly managed by Ferguson throughout his career.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Tommy Rowe - The Fall Guy
« Reply #1 on February 17, 2018, 12:43:05 pm by Campsall rover »
Tommy always seems to be sacrificed for the good of ‘the team’ - he plays as a wingback as a left back and is utilised generally as a left sided midfield man.

My main point being he is consistently played out of his most destructive position where he can burst through into the area and get a shot off, he’s strong and his hard to shrug off the ball.

Fergie stated when asked about Tommy it’s his job to get the most out of him - well clearly he hasn’t found a formation that does which is concerning when you think about how long Tommy has been directly managed by Ferguson throughout his career.
Post of the week.
This is what I have been saying week in week out. Baffling in the extreme.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 17, 2018, 12:49:48 pm by drfchound »
 :that:

Square pegs and round holes eh Campsall.

You are right, Rowe can’t hurt the opposition as much from a LB or LWB position as he would by playing consistently further up the pitch.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 17, 2018, 12:51:51 pm by NickDRFC »
Thought this was going to be about Tommy Rowe’s knack for diving 😂

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 17, 2018, 01:32:03 pm by acko »
I think DF Rowe is aman he can trust having had him before.With so much inexperiance at the back and midfield he probably thinks Tommy is the one player that can help the lads.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 17, 2018, 01:55:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Let's be right, he turns it on and off at will. He can be a lazy so and so and doesn't always help the young lads out. He's an experienced pro and when called upon, should be able to adapt and play a defensive role which he's done many times in his career.

Of course I'd rather see him forward because he is a goal threat.

Just remember, good, bad or indifferent, he never gets dropped. Not sure how that sits with the rest of the players.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 17, 2018, 02:19:06 pm by idler »
Filling in at a position you don't like or aren't as influential in is ok now and again and in emergencies. I think he has every right to be a bit disappointed being played out of position in most games.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 17, 2018, 05:33:49 pm by Branton Rover »
I think that where he played today vindicated my post as he was far more effective in an advance role.

Note to Fergie; Don’t stifle Rowey let him off the leash to play in his natural role further forward

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 17, 2018, 05:42:11 pm by Dutch Uncle »
The military have an old saying - never weaken a strength to strengthen a weakness.

That's what we were doing with Rowe at FB/WB.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 17, 2018, 05:46:56 pm by DonnyNoel »
Curse of the left footer. Gareth Barry, Luka Modric and even our own Martin Woods were often pushed sidewards for the sake of “balance”. Rowe is one of our best players and the system needs to suit him, not vice versa.

Edit  - this is a general point, not a reaction to today’s comprehensive win of course.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:49:56 pm by DonnyNoel »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012