Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:46:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy  (Read 2269 times)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Mandy
« on February 17, 2018, 03:19:44 pm by Alickismyhero »
Mandy's on the bench again.........what is the point of him not starting.......the poor sod has been stitched up........Fergy should get off his backside and sort it out..........Mandy either starts or he comes back

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

del boy

• Forum Member
Re: Mandy
« Reply #1 on February 17, 2018, 03:31:45 pm by del boy »
I don't believe he can be recalled

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 17, 2018, 03:42:04 pm by CrippyCooke »
Perhaps he doesn't warrant a starting place currently. He needs to buck up.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 17, 2018, 03:47:00 pm by Alickismyhero »
for me Mandy has got good potential and he needs a manager who presses the right buttons. Fergy put him out to get game  time and he has not got it so far. Fergy has a responsibility to to get him game time.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 17, 2018, 03:52:56 pm by dickos1 »
No!
He needs to be responsible for him getting in the side.
To blame Fergie for another manager not picking him is possibly the daftest thing I've ever read on here.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 17, 2018, 04:18:47 pm by Alickismyhero »
I will explain.........When managers loan players out whom they expect to play a positive part in the  future of their club they place a condition that they must play obviously Fergy has not made those conditions of loan. That's why I hold Fergy responsible he is not looking after the interests of his player or our club.
Can you explain why it is the daftest thing you have ever heard because as I understand it when you loan a player out to a lower league side it is standard practice to make sure they get the game time, not daft really.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 17, 2018, 04:27:32 pm by NickDRFC »
Behave, Mandeville shouldn't have to play every week there any more than Kongolo should have to play every week here.

He's been sent out on loan there as he has more chance of playing than he does here; it's up to him to force the manager to pick him through his performances in training, nothing to do with Fergie now.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 17, 2018, 04:28:40 pm by Drover »
But if nobody is willing to take him on loan if they must start him,only if they can choose,then its loan without the stipulation or keep him on our bench?
Ps that was reply to alicks post,not nicks.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 17, 2018, 04:37:53 pm by Alickismyhero »
Nick, with due respect Mandy has not played a game on loan yet and that is not going to improve the kid at all is it? I have no interest in how Colchester do but I do have Mandy's interests at heart. I never said he has the right to play every game just that he should get game time just like Kongolar has.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 17, 2018, 04:43:03 pm by Alickismyhero »
Mandy on after 65mins, come on my son, put that ball away

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 17, 2018, 04:56:44 pm by NickDRFC »
Nick, with due respect Mandy has not played a game on loan yet and that is not going to improve the kid at all is it? I have no interest in how Colchester do but I do have Mandy's interests at heart. I never said he has the right to play every game just that he should get game time just like Kongolar has.

He made a 40 minute sub appearance not long after signing. It's up to him to prove he should be in the Colchester side, if he impresses in his sub appearances or in training he will get his chance from the start soon enough.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 17, 2018, 05:16:25 pm by dickos1 »
If he's not impressing then he'll not get a game, it's simple

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 17, 2018, 05:26:15 pm by BigH »
I will explain.........When managers loan players out whom they expect to play a positive part in the  future of their club they place a condition that they must play obviously Fergy has not made those conditions of loan. That's why I hold Fergy responsible he is not looking after the interests of his player or our club.
Can you explain why it is the daftest thing you have ever heard because as I understand it when you loan a player out to a lower league side it is standard practice to make sure they get the game time, not daft really.
While you'd like your loanee to get some game time, the reality is that unless it's a Premiership or leading Championship club doing the loaning then there's rarely an ability to influence the other club's manager. The reason's often wrapped up in the cost; Colchester will be paying Mandeville's wages.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 17, 2018, 05:44:20 pm by i_ateallthepies »
We don't know what the payment arrangements are though do we.  If Colchester are paying his full wage it's fair enough that they are totally in control of who's in the team.  If the parent club are paying part of the wage, surely it's fair enough to have conditions on the player getting game time.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 17, 2018, 05:51:47 pm by Alan Southstand »
Sheff U put no conditions on Whiteman, so why should we? If Mande is as good as what some people think, then he'll play. Imho, he is nowhere near being good enough, yet!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 17, 2018, 06:16:02 pm by RoversAlias »
If he can't get in the team ahead of Colchester's strikers, then that is on him. It's nothing to do with Ferguson and says more about Mandeville. At the end of the day he's been there less than three weeks, he is still acclimatising to a new squad and way of playing. He's made a substitute appearance in all three games so far and scored no goals, so let's see if he can improve that between now and May or else he'll probably be shown the door in the summer and sign for an L2/Conference team for pittance.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 17, 2018, 06:16:55 pm by keith79 »
If he was any good he would still be here. Sorry people. He has fallen behind too many player at drfc.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 17, 2018, 06:18:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There will be no conditions and this is not about money. It's about Mandeville himself as a man and as a footballer. It's up to him to fight for what he wants and whether he wants it bad enough. It's a test of character and whether he can carve out a future for himself. If he grabs his chance when it comes, then he may return better for the experience.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012