Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:04:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Difference  (Read 10591 times)

aussyroy

• Forum Member
Re: Difference
« Reply #30 on February 18, 2018, 06:04:01 am by aussyroy »
Whatever Fergy's reasoning for dropping Lawlor and bringing in Marosi was a stroke of genius -Marko was much calmer and assured and his kicking out is a major plus compared to Lawler's .he looks to have beefed up a bit also and the defence improved with Marko's confident handling and positional play .Hope its not just a flash in the pan !
At last! Fergy has seen the light, half decent goalie, square pegs in square holes. Didn't take long did it

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 18, 2018, 06:26:04 am by keith79 »
Till the next game

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 18, 2018, 09:16:04 am by IDM »
Loved it today, Copps and McCulloughbrilliant. At 3-0 we went for counter attack using Alfie May's pace but he was poor imho. His chance in the box was disappointing too

I thought May did OK - didn't do anything to be classed as poor??

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 18, 2018, 09:25:12 am by selby »
  The big difference, control of, and cutting out sloppy passing of the ball in midfield (Blair and Whiteman take note).
  And the use of the long ball to Kiwomya, which even if it was a poor ball, put it in an area where our best players were, and away from our danger area.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 18, 2018, 09:27:25 am by Donnywolf »
 :that: :thumbsup:

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 18, 2018, 10:44:05 am by Bezza »
what a difference having pace up front made, Kiwomya and Marquis worked well together,

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 18, 2018, 11:22:54 am by DonnyOsmond »
Well at least we've got 2 strikers now who are good enough. Williams will probably be off in the Summer, May's not good enough and Mandeville needs to decide if he wants to be or not. Otherwise we probably need a couple in for next season.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 18, 2018, 11:28:11 am by Bentley Bullet »
What do you mean May's not good enough? He's our most prolific striker in terms of time on the pitch.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 18, 2018, 11:29:42 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Starting to see flashes from Beestin that suggest he might be part of the replacement for Coppinger.

Mind, 18 months back I was saying that about Mandeville.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 18, 2018, 11:31:29 am by Bentley Bullet »
Loved it today, Copps and McCulloughbrilliant. At 3-0 we went for counter attack using Alfie May's pace but he was poor imho. His chance in the box was disappointing too

Alfie may has no pace

Rubbish

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 18, 2018, 11:35:36 am by DonnyOsmond »
What do you mean May's not good enough? He's our most prolific striker in terms of time on the pitch.

Based on his dog shot performances over the past couple of months. He was decent at the start of the season but any player can go through decent form, it takes a better player to keep that up consistently. If he wants to bring that level of performances back I'd be very happy for him to stay.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 18, 2018, 11:36:40 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Alfie may has no pace

Was thinking exactly that yesterday. He’s sharp to accelerate over 5 yards but his speed is nothing above normal over 20 yards+. Couple of times yesterday the central defenders comfortably beat him in 30yards runs.

I’d very much like to see the lad succeed but he’s at that point where he’s no longer the new kid and he needs to demonstrate that he brings something to the side that would help us kick in. I want to tell myself that I see that but if I’m honest, I’m not sure I do.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 18, 2018, 11:36:56 am by Filo »

Alfie may has no pace

Rubbish

Not really, lost a straight race yesterday with their CB

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 18, 2018, 11:39:00 am by DonnyOsmond »
Starting to see flashes from Beestin that suggest he might be part of the replacement for Coppinger.

Beestin wants it more and you can see him growing every game. He also doesn't look knackered after 20 mins like Mandeville. There is a good player in there with Mandeville its just whether he wants to become it.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 18, 2018, 11:41:53 am by DonnyOsmond »
Like those guys have said about May. He's not the quickest player, he's not the most technically gifted, he's not the best finisher, he's about 4 foot 2. He's just alright, nothing special. Worth keeping if it comes down to budget but we could do better at the moment.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 18, 2018, 11:45:37 am by Bentley Bullet »

Based on his dog shot performances over the past couple of months. He was decent at the start of the season but any player can go through decent form, it takes a better player to keep that up consistently. If he wants to bring that level of performances back I'd be very happy for him to stay.

The whole team's been dog shit over the last couple of months! Why single out a player who has played only a minor part coming off the bench during that period?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 18, 2018, 11:51:35 am by DonnyOsmond »

The whole team's been dog shit over the last couple of months! Why single out a player who has played only a minor part coming off the bench during that period?

I'm including our winning run in that when he was coming off the bench too. Look at earlier in the season he actually made an impact coming off the bench. Recently, meh, even in our best run.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 18, 2018, 11:53:59 am by Bentley Bullet »

Alfie may has no pace

Rubbish

Not really, lost a straight race yesterday with their CB

There are plenty of reasons why an attacker looks like he's lost out on pace to a defender. One of them is trying to avoid being offside. I don't know what incident you're on about but I bet it's not conclusive as evidence that May has got no pace.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 18, 2018, 11:56:12 am by Bentley Bullet »

I'm including our winning run in that when he was coming off the bench too. Look at earlier in the season he actually made an impact coming off the bench. Recently, meh, even in our best run.

When May came on yesterday the job was already done, and the emphasis wasn't to feed him, or any forward with scoring opportunities.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 18, 2018, 12:01:29 pm by roversam »
We will see how  Marosi plays when under real pressure at Rotherham, if selected, let's face it even Gary Woods would have kept a clean sheet yesterday.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 18, 2018, 12:10:42 pm by IDM »

In both the last 2 games I have seen, Beestin has produced at least one outstanding touch/control the like we only usually see from Copps.. Vs Bristol Rovers and Yesterday..

We need to nurture him carefully and not expect too much too soon..

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 18, 2018, 12:19:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

I am as keen for May to succeed as you are. I think the lad has something and I love his attitude.

All that said, I’d be a lot more sympathetic to your approach of not seeing May’s shortcomings, if you weren’t so quick to complain about the player who is head and shoulders the best forward in the club.

It’s an odd approach.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 18, 2018, 12:28:21 pm by GazLaz »

Alfie may has no pace

Was thinking exactly that yesterday. He’s sharp to accelerate over 5 yards but his speed is nothing above normal over 20 yards+. Couple of times yesterday the central defenders comfortably beat him in 30yards runs.

I’d very much like to see the lad succeed but he’s at that point where he’s no longer the new kid and he needs to demonstrate that he brings something to the side that would help us kick in. I want to tell myself that I see that but if I’m honest, I’m not sure I do.

I’ve said it since his first couple of games and everyone said I was just being my usual negative self. He’s not quick at all. Far too easy to defend against.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 18, 2018, 12:29:33 pm by Campsall rover »
We will see how  Marosi plays when under real pressure at Rotherham, if selected, let's face it even Gary Woods would have kept a clean sheet yesterday.
Yesterday was no test for Marosi. One save and a couple of takes in the air under little or no pressure.
I still maintain Lawler has the edge. But everyone to their own opinions of course.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 18, 2018, 01:45:45 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BB

I am as keen for May to succeed as you are. I think the lad has something and I love his attitude.

All that said, I’d be a lot more sympathetic to your approach of not seeing May’s shortcomings, if you weren’t so quick to complain about the player who is head and shoulders the best forward in the club.

It’s an odd approach.

BST, I like to give credit when it is due, but if I ever had to discredit someone else in order to do so It'd be fairly unconvincing praise. I sang Maggie May at a Karaoke the other night. I loved it when our lass said I sounded as good as Rod Stewart, but was gutted when she then said "Rod Stewart's shit".

I assume you're referring to your love child when you talk of the player who is head and shoulders the best forward in the club. I agree, Marquis is mostly excellent now, and has improved considerably, if only in attitude since I mentioned his shortcomings a few weeks back. At that time his falling over at every opportunity got silly, and I'm delighted to see he has tried to stay on his feet more of late.

I shouldn't have to admit that May has shortcomings. All league one players have them, but if I see him doing something negative that other players aren't also guilty of I'll single him out for it.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 18, 2018, 02:14:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yesterday was no test for Marosi. One save and a couple of takes in the air under little or no pressure.
I still maintain Lawler has the edge. But everyone to their own opinions of course.

He wasn't that busy, but what he did, he did very well. There were a couple of times he was quick to gather at the edge of the box. Had that have been Lawlor he probably would have been a yard behind and that makes a difference whether a forward gets a sniff.

He came of his line and caught a couple of balls very easily and one later on when under pressure. People may not recall these because he made it look routine.

Sure, he's likely to come under more pressure next week but I hope he's equally decisive and composed.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 18, 2018, 04:08:16 pm by selby »
  B.B. you seemed perfectly able to do it with Mandeville, backed up by other people, but now the apple of your eye has opened other peoples eyes to his frailties its wrong.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 18, 2018, 04:11:04 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Selby. Do what with Mandeville? Show me wherever I've discredited Mandeville.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 18, 2018, 05:01:58 pm by drfchound »

Marosi made two very good saves yesterday in the second half.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on February 19, 2018, 10:19:36 am by Mike_F »

If it's any consolation I'm in complete agreement regarding Beestin but I've never rated Mandeville.

Even when he had that little purple patch last season I thought he got a bit lucky with the bounce of the ball as he went past defenders on several occasions. Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to have a great loan spell and come back better but he's nowt special IMO.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012