Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:06:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Difference  (Read 10576 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Difference
« Reply #60 on February 19, 2018, 10:34:45 am by Filo »
Loved it today, Copps and McCulloughbrilliant. At 3-0 we went for counter attack using Alfie May's pace but he was poor imho. His chance in the box was disappointing too

Alfie may has no pace

Rubbish

Not really, lost a straight race yesterday with their CB

There are plenty of reasons why an attacker looks like he's lost out on pace to a defender. One of them is trying to avoid being offside. I don't know what incident you're on about but I bet it's not conclusive as evidence that May has got no pace.

Selective vision BB, you are n't Arsene Wenger are you?

May is not quick, he's not physical and is too small to head the ball. A 100% tryer though and can't knock the lad for that, but he'll never play above the level he is now.Beestin is a Country mile in front of May as far as development goes

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 19, 2018, 10:53:22 am by Bentley Bullet »
Here we go again! So, you praise Beestin by comparing him to someone who you say has no pace, is not physical, is too small and can't head the ball!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 19, 2018, 10:56:45 am by selby »
  At least you have seen Mandeville go past players with the ball Mike F, the last time some of our players did that they were in a car passing a bus stop.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on February 19, 2018, 10:59:18 am by Bentley Bullet »
Ah, Selby! Have you found where I've discredited Mandeville yet?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 19, 2018, 11:00:06 am by wing commander »
   we needed that win badly and once we scored it was pretty comfortable..I've long been a advocate of Marosi starting infront of Lawlor and it's easy to say he had little to do but he made a big difference.He mixed it up better with his accurate longer kicking and that stopped them pressing to high which what happens when you constantly play it out from the back..He also came for crosses instead of being nailed to his line..I thought Beestin had a really good game and Kiwomya give us something fresh as regards overlaps and pulling defenders about...All in all it was a good performance against a side who are defunct of confidence.However how many times have teams come here on the back of crap form and won...
   Rotherham will be a different kettle of fish and if we get anything from that game it will be a big bonus because expectations will not be high..

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 19, 2018, 12:26:51 pm by Filo »
Here we go again! So, you praise Beestin by comparing him to someone who you say has no pace, is not physical, is too small and can't head the ball!

You need to stop trying to read too much into things, I'm saying May does not possess the atributes for this level, simple

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 19, 2018, 12:37:59 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I disagree. May has been our most prolific striker in terms of playing time, obviously now discounting Kiwomya unless you want to be flippant. With that in mind, if May doesn't possess the attributes at this level, how can you say the other strikers do?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 19, 2018, 12:42:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The impact of Marosi  and MvCullough was considerable on Saturday. Marosi went about his business very calmly and effectively. That had an influence on the rest of the team as we didn't go into panic mode.

McCullough got involved in general play and didn't sit too deep as Houghton had been doing. This meant we kept our shape much better throughout the game. There were no big gaps from back to front.

Kiwomya makes a difference giving back line less time. That should help us on Saturday when up against Richard Wood (carthorse)

Beestin does some lovely stuff and can get away from defenders and is good at keeping possession.

We might surprise Rotherham!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 19, 2018, 01:23:56 pm by Filo »
I disagree. May has been our most prolific striker in terms of playing time, obviously now discounting Kiwomya unless you want to be flippant. With that in mind, if May doesn't possess the attributes at this level, how can you say the other strikers do?

Well take Beestin and Kiwomya out of it and the other strikers are proven at this level, I won't form an opinion on Kiwomya as I've not seen enough of him yet, Beestin in my opinion is a lot more developed at this stage compared to May, thats a good comparison given they have both come in from non league

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on February 19, 2018, 01:57:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I've nowt against your opinion that Beestin is better than May. In terms of present form, he might be. But to say May has no pace or physicality and is too small to head the ball doesn't give justice to him, nor Darren Ferguson who obviously doesn't share your view either.

I could, of course, agree with you for an easy life, but what would be the point of both of us being wrong?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 19, 2018, 02:00:33 pm by Filo »
I've nowt against your opinion that Beestin is better than May. In terms of present form, he might be. But to say May has no pace or physicality and is too small to head the ball doesn't give justice to him, nor Darren Ferguson who obviously doesn't share your view either.

I could, of course, agree with you for an easy life, but what would be the point of both of us being wrong?
We'd both be right in that instance though 😀

But what I will offer you though is a £50 bet that May never plays above the level he is playing at now

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on February 19, 2018, 02:02:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Why are you changing the subject? How many of our present squad WILL play at a higher level?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 19, 2018, 02:05:23 pm by RoversAlias »
If we're to have a core of four first team strikers going forward, I see no problems with May being one of them. That's along with Marquis, Kiwomya and either Mandeville or a new signing in the summer to replace him. He's probably not going to become a 20-goal striker in League One but he is useful, can make an impact off the bench and does know how to score goals, as he showed at the start of this season.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 19, 2018, 02:13:31 pm by GazLaz »

You’re really judging the player on a four game spell earlier this season if you are solely going on his scoring record. He had masses of fortune with some of those goals. You have to judge him on what you see week in week out, not necessarily just goals. Put a traffic cone in the 6 yard box and it would score the odd goal.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 19, 2018, 02:20:11 pm by Filo »
Why are you changing the subject? How many of our present squad WILL play at a higher level?
Not changing the subject, I've been consistant in my opinion of May, I never mentioned anything about any other player playing at a higher level.

I've read this forum and your posts long enough to know that right or wrong will will argue black is white until whoever you are arguing with gives up through shear boredom

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on February 19, 2018, 02:29:03 pm by Bentley Bullet »
No, I'm not! I'm judging him on being the most prolific scorer in terms of playing time. Just because he scored them within a certain period doesn't make it less of a fact, nor is it a reason why none of the other players has scored more.

And of course, it wasn't just those four games where he was a real handful for opposing defenders.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on February 19, 2018, 02:31:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Not changing the subject, I've been consistant in my opinion of May, I never mentioned anything about any other player playing at a higher level.

I've read this forum and your posts long enough to know that right or wrong will will argue black is white until whoever you are arguing with gives up through shear boredom

HAHA, coming from anyone else, OK, but you are having a larf!

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 19, 2018, 02:38:43 pm by nortikorner »
All these praises on how they Played against Fleetwood   ????

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on February 19, 2018, 02:42:39 pm by Campsall rover »

From what I have seen so far from Alfie May he is National league standard. That is not to say he can’t get to league 1 standard, but he is a long way off at the moment & he is 24yrs old so time is not on his side regarding development. Don’t forget he has jumped up 5/6 leagues.
That is a heck of a bridge to climb. In my opinion I don’t think he has enough to make it.
I genuinely hope I am wrong because the lad is so enthusiastic and is living his dream.
As for Alfie Beestin, well the progress he is making from the level he was playing at is quite outstanding to be honest. He is looking like a serious footballer in the making. Only still 19 i think, so the worlds his oyster.
What has happened to Mandeville is sole destroying for such a talented player. If it’s an attitude problem then that’s his fault and only he can sort that out. If it isn’t he needs an arm round his neck and being told to show how good he is and or could become. I will be pleased for him if he is successful for another club but angry that he didn’t become a star for Rovers.
IMO he is the best player to come out of the youth team probably since Paul Green

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 19, 2018, 02:55:02 pm by Alan Southstand »
May v Beestin is an unfair comparison, because Beestin has been with us longer and has therefore taken more on board. May is still very much learning his trade at this level.

Both have potential. And that is why we signed them. They are both developing players.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 19, 2018, 03:00:44 pm by RoversAlias »
Another thing on May, up until he got injured in October he was playing very well and causing lots of problems every game even when he wasn't scoring. Since returning he's only had one brief run in the team and he hasn't hit the same levels. However, fans must have short memories if they have forgotten how effective he was in those early months of the season. He soon usurped Mandeville for a starting berth and looked a good partner for Marquis up front. He did very well in the game at Arsenal too which is no mean feat.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on February 19, 2018, 03:06:12 pm by Campsall rover »
May v Beestin is an unfair comparison, because Beestin has been with us longer and has therefore taken more on board. May is still very much learning his trade at this level.

Both have potential. And that is why we signed them. They are both developing players.
Yes but there is a 5 yr age difference so I don’t think it’s unfair Alan because May should have had a head start.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 19, 2018, 03:08:14 pm by Alan Southstand »
May performed very well in the last Development game, as well, the one he volunteered to play in to keep up his match fitness.

We seem very quick to make a judgement on him! When you consider what level he has come from, you could argue that there is no way he should have had any first team games yet. But, he has and he has scored goals - probably not as many as we would like, but let us see how things develop.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on February 19, 2018, 03:25:08 pm by ravenrover »
  B.B. you seemed perfectly able to do it with Mandeville, backed up by other people, but now the apple of your eye has opened other peoples eyes to his frailties its wrong.

I hope you are not including me as someone who backs others up about Liam. My opionions are entirely my own

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on February 19, 2018, 03:32:54 pm by chrisd_123 »

Yes but there is a 5 yr age difference so I don’t think it’s unfair Alan because May should have had a head start.

I understand the age difference but you could also argue Beestin has the 6 month head start of professional training having signed him before May with May clearly having more time to pick up non-league habits that he probably has had to stop doing.

May began the season well scoring a few goals and then suffered his first major injury as a professional. Came back into the side, scored against Rochdale before New Year then obviously put in the horrific performance vs Plymouth at home.

The guy clearly has lots to learn and I don't see him as the player to take us to the next level but he's here and he does offer something.

Harsh to criticise him for Saturday. He came on into a team that was coasting to victory so he was hardly going to get many chances. The chance he got was tougher than people are making out too. he was going away from goal and the ball was fizzed into his feet. He did well to control and try to set someone up.

He's a good player but nothing more imo. Offers something but will not take us the the next level. He's a player that I wouldn't be disappointed if he stays but also wouldn't be disappointed if he left.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on February 19, 2018, 03:35:33 pm by dickos1 »
Age difference isn't really relevant, it's how long they've been at the club.
May was outstanding against hull, only against their reserves but he was full of confidence then.
I thought he was good at Peterborough, but since then he's struggled when given a chance.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on February 19, 2018, 09:24:39 pm by Campsall rover »
Age difference is relevant. Beestin has got more of an oportunity to learn his trade. May needs to be at his peak in 2/3 years. If he is not then he is going to struggle to make it in the football league.
I hope he does as it’s difficult not to like him. Good luck to him.

It would be foolish of me to expect a certain person on here to actually agree with anything i post on this site. I don’t mind anybody having different opinions that’s what makes interesting debate.
But it’s just pathetic and childish when opinions are deliberately opposed just to try and create an argument.
Get a life you sad man. You are now just called “a certain person” and you have no name from now on.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on February 19, 2018, 10:09:45 pm by drfchound »
Campsall, remember !!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on February 19, 2018, 10:13:16 pm by dickos1 »
Age difference is relevant. Beestin has got more of an oportunity to learn his trade. May needs to be at his peak in 2/3 years. If he is not then he is going to struggle to make it in the football league.
I hope he does as it’s difficult not to like him. Good luck to him.

It would be foolish of me to expect a certain person on here to actually agree with anything i post on this site. I don’t mind anybody having different opinions that’s what makes interesting debate.
But it’s just pathetic and childish when opinions are deliberately opposed just to try and create an argument.
Get a life you sad man. You are now just called “a certain person” and you have no name from now on.

Deliberately opposed!!
Get a grip.
More than just me on this post suggesting his time as a pro footballer is more relevant than his age cocker.
As usual though you're just picking up on my view and ignoring the rest who disagree with you.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on February 19, 2018, 10:15:29 pm by Campsall rover »
Campsall, remember !!
Person with no name will do. It’s sad very sad. All I want to do is exchange views.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012