Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:36:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bottom 3  (Read 5918 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Bottom 3
« on February 17, 2018, 05:22:49 pm by dickos1 »
Bottom 3 are starting to look a bit adrift now,  could just be one place up for grabs

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Bottom 3
« Reply #1 on February 17, 2018, 05:35:25 pm by Filo »
On that showing, mark Fleetwood down for that last spot

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 17, 2018, 05:36:37 pm by mushRTID »

Couldn’t make it, were they worse than Northampton?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 17, 2018, 05:39:45 pm by the vicar »
Was it them that was shit or us that played good I favour the latter

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 17, 2018, 05:40:46 pm by besty »
Rochdale got a lot of games in hand but I wouldnt fancy being in their shoes!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 17, 2018, 05:41:09 pm by DonnyOsmond »
They were shit. We were professional and our confidence grew after we grabbed the first goal.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 17, 2018, 05:42:16 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Fleetwood were rubbish. We set up well but they were poor.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 17, 2018, 05:42:42 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
As they say, you can only beat what’s in front of you and they were really bad. But, I’ve seen us struggle to put teams like this away loads of times over the years!

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 17, 2018, 05:45:05 pm by Cantley Rover »
Four at the back. Need I say more?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 17, 2018, 06:04:27 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
WEDNESDAY 21ST FEBRUARY
Rochdale 19:45 Milton Keynes Dons
draw please

rochdale at wigan on saturday

mk dons at fleetwood

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/scores-fixtures/2018-02?filter=fixtures

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 17, 2018, 06:19:03 pm by Campsall rover »

Couldn’t make it, were they worse than Northampton?
Almost no quite. But Northampton have improved and Fleetwood have now lost 5 on the bounce.
So I think they are looking relegation fodder to me.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 17, 2018, 06:20:25 pm by Campsall rover »
Ditto ditto ditto.and ditto. That makes four I think. :thumbsup:

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 17, 2018, 06:35:09 pm by BigH »
Bottom 3 are starting to look a bit adrift now,  could just be one place up for grabs
Have to agree. And our result/performance today will have been brilliant psychologically in affecting Fleetwood; they're in freefall.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 17, 2018, 11:41:03 pm by dickos1 »

We've had 4 at the back plenty of times this year including last Saturday, and been poor. Give credit to the players for playing well 

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 17, 2018, 11:55:38 pm by Campsall rover »

We've had 4 at the back plenty of times this year including last Saturday, and been poor. Give credit to the players for playing well
Yes credit to the players of course but they are much more comfortable playing in 4 at the back.
We win more games with that system than we do with a 3/5 FACT not FICTION.
3/5 at the back got us relegated in 2016 FACT not FICTION. 4 at the back got us promoted in 2017 FACT not FICTION. So my question is which is the best one to play. It is not rocket science is it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 18, 2018, 12:15:43 am by dickos1 »
We haven't played 3 at the back anymore this season than we did last season

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 18, 2018, 12:23:48 am by eastender »

We've had 4 at the back plenty of times this year including last Saturday, and been poor.   

Not surprising though, last week we had 4 at the back and were poor because Blair was in it . (not his fault ) He's an out and out winger being played at full back .... but don't blame Fergie .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 18, 2018, 01:04:39 am by Campsall rover »
We haven't played 3 at the back anymore this season than we did last season
Believe that if you wish but it isn’t true.
I am not going to get into another argument with you ok.
Your opinion against mine let’s leave it at that and be happy at today’s performance and result.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 18, 2018, 01:06:00 am by RoversAlias »

Yes credit to the players of course but they are much more comfortable playing in 4 at the back.
3/5 at the back got us relegated in 2016 FACT not FICTION. 4 at the back got us promoted in 2017 FACT not FICTION. So my question is which is the best one to play. It is not rocket science is it.

Not necessarily disagreeing with which is the better formation but you haven't stated any facts in that post at all.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 18, 2018, 01:08:19 am by Campsall rover »

We've had 4 at the back plenty of times this year including last Saturday, and been poor.   

Not surprising though, last week we had 4 at the back and were poor because Blair was in it . (not his fault ) He's an out and out winger being played at full back .... but don't blame Fergie .
Correct and Tommy Rowe at left back. Strange that we played 2 proper full backs today and Rowe in midfield. Oh what was the score. Ah 3-0 Brilliant.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 18, 2018, 01:12:45 am by Campsall rover »

Not necessarily disagreeing with which is the better formation but you haven't stated any facts in that post at all.
Do you want me to go through each individual match since Oct 2015 when DF took over.
If you don’t believe me you do the research to prove me wrong RoversAlias.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 18, 2018, 02:52:57 am by RoversAlias »
We were not relegated or promoted due to a formation, I don't need to research each match to know that. Fergie has alternated between these different set ups for his entire tenure here, often even during games nevermind from match to match. Many factors went into our success last season just as they did the year before in our demotion.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 18, 2018, 08:36:28 am by dickos1 »

Correct and Tommy Rowe at left back. Strange that we played 2 proper full backs today and Rowe in midfield. Oh what was the score. Ah 3-0 Brilliant.

I've already said elsewhere it was more to do with players playing in their more preferred positions rather than the change in formation.
We've played the diamond formation more than any other in fergusons time here

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 18, 2018, 09:26:37 am by Donnywolf »
Superb performance made Fleetwood look extremely poor (maybe poorer than they really are) but thats what the cliche says - you can only play as well as the opposition let you 

We looked like a team that knew its formation , was comfortable with it AND a Team that was full of confidence because it had been unchanged for 6 or so games ! There were outstanding performances from several (most) Players and in the end i was a convincing win - in fact 3-0 really flattered Fleetwood

My man of the match was the Groundsman who filled in the whole hole and "saved" the Game as otherwise we may have been deprived of a really good performance with great entertainment and NO I was not at the beer beforehand !

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 18, 2018, 12:41:28 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Some people are a bit dense thinking we won just because we played 4-4-2.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 18, 2018, 01:04:20 pm by The Red Baron »
The formation suited the players available. I don't think we can really play a back 3 unless Baudry is one of them. The biggest difference for me was Tommy Rowe who was actually able to influence the game because he wasn't playing LWB.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 18, 2018, 01:16:11 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I think Whiteman and Houghton have been off form recently. They've not been wanting the ball, McCullough has come in and constantly linking up brilliantly. To say however that 3-5-2 never works is daft.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 18, 2018, 01:30:13 pm by Campsall rover »

I've already said elsewhere it was more to do with players playing in their more preferred positions rather than the change in formation.
We've played the diamond formation more than any other in fergusons time here
Which is the same thing. Because they are not in their preferred positions when playing wing back.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 18, 2018, 01:48:57 pm by dickos1 »
As donny as stated it's a bit silly to think we only won because we played 4-4-2
We've played this formation many times and lost
It has a lot more to do with the players who came into the side playing well

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 18, 2018, 02:03:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Tend to agree as there are times when the back three (or 5) has worked well and shouldn't be disregarded when the situation gives us the opportunity to play it.

As it stands, I think we are more comfortable with the back four given the players available and would like to see us start games with this. Leave it to DF and the state of the game to decide if switching gives us an advantage.

Some fans seem to rule out playing a back three full stop, but it can, has, and will work when the time comes. The players must be comfortable and good at it as it's not the easiest formation to keep the discipline.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012