Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:48:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sink Hole  (Read 2216 times)

Dabby

• Forum Member
Sink Hole
« on February 17, 2018, 10:47:10 pm by Dabby »
https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/video-hole-appears-in-keepmoat-pitch-minutes-before-doncaster-rovers-clash-with-fleetwood-town-1-9021805

Doncaster Rovers' clash with Fleetwood Town had been in jeopardy after a hole appeared in the Keepmoat Stadium pitch mere minutes before kick-off.

Suppose the club will have to look into this . :chair:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Sink Hole
« Reply #1 on February 17, 2018, 10:48:20 pm by donnievic »
Suppose rugby will be to blame for that

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 17, 2018, 10:51:17 pm by rich1471 »
it could not have been to deep or big or the game would have been called off, at least we now know when a player goes missing in a game were he has gone 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 17, 2018, 10:52:50 pm by drfchound »
Bloody miners.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 17, 2018, 11:01:06 pm by Prez »
Its where Fergie keeps his gun.

Dabby

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 17, 2018, 11:29:55 pm by Dabby »
Good job ,they covered it up quick.. May have found a few refs , that DF has shot .

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 17, 2018, 11:50:30 pm by Drover »
Scrap metallers will pinch owt these days!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 18, 2018, 12:35:39 am by Padge_DRFC »
Apologies for being thick. How has it happened?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 18, 2018, 07:19:55 am by Donnywolf »

I went in Ground at 2 pm ish and there was one Sprinkler "running" and people were shouting turn it off turn it off. It was the Sprinker where that hole appeared so I assume given the "power" of the Water being shot out that it was done by that right then

Was entertaining as everyone came to see - including of course the Ref. At one time there must have been about 8 people looking at it and some gestured the depth with their hands to others and the average seemed to be around 8 inches. The photo looks big but in truth probably about a rugby ball size and shape

There was much jesting of course - then they filled it with sand (Fleetwood could have brought it with them) and raked it flat and samped and stamped on it - then "everyone" returned and declared it fit to play on

My worry during the game was we would be running away with the Match and Matty Blair might pass over the patch at speed - break a Leg and have to be put down and the Ref would abandon the Match. This was a worry a lot of the latecomers would not even have thought of ... but we survived and deservedly plastered them !
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 07:22:21 am by Donnywolf »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2018, 09:06:45 am by Campsall rover »

I went in Ground at 2 pm ish and there was one Sprinkler "running" and people were shouting turn it off turn it off. It was the Sprinker where that hole appeared so I assume given the "power" of the Water being shot out that it was done by that right then

Was entertaining as everyone came to see - including of course the Ref. At one time there must have been about 8 people looking at it and some gestured the depth with their hands to others and the average seemed to be around 8 inches. The photo looks big but in truth probably about a rugby ball size and shape

There was much jesting of course - then they filled it with sand (Fleetwood could have brought it with them) and raked it flat and samped and stamped on it - then "everyone" returned and declared it fit to play on

My worry during the game was we would be running away with the Match and Matty Blair might pass over the patch at speed - break a Leg and have to be put down and the Ref would abandon the Match. This was a worry a lot of the latecomers would not even have thought of ... but we survived and deservedly plastered them !
Can’t believe what I am seeing here. We never knew over on the South East stand anything had happened before the game.
I blame Donny Dog. Must have been looking for a bone and made a crater.
Sorry Paul couldn’t resist. :facepalm:

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2018, 09:22:16 am by since-1969 »
! It looks to me that they should have investigated what the problem was a week before. The sprinklers were put on at half time last week and didn’t work corrrctly then!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012