Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:54:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Rotherham game  (Read 12615 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Lets talk about the Rotherham game
« Reply #30 on February 19, 2018, 06:53:06 pm by dickos1 »
Defo keep same team, consistency is important.
I think our front 4 or 5 can hurt any side in this league

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 19, 2018, 06:56:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It could be set up for Whiteman to come on with the game in the balance and score a 25 yard screamer!

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 19, 2018, 07:09:59 pm by godlike1 »
What we don’t want to do is concede in the first 5 mins. Shit that’s done it, we’ll be 2-0 down after 2 corners in the first 5 mins now I’ve written that

darren61

« Reply #33 on February 19, 2018, 07:26:09 pm by darren61 »
What we don’t want to do is concede in the first 5 mins. Shit that’s done it, we’ll be 2-0 down after 2 corners in the first 5 mins now I’ve written that

Dont worry, i dont think Nostradamus has anything to worry about.  :lol:

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 20, 2018, 08:51:53 am by selby »
  It looks like there is going to be a full house for this game, so it will be a bit of a special atmosphere, and lots of local pride at stake.
   Both camps seem to be free of any injuries, and Rotherham must be going into this game absolutely full of confidence.
    The Rovers fans have accepted that in this particular game we are up against it, but that is when very often we raise to the occasion, and play above ourselves.
   All I ask is that we give everything both on the field, and supporting our team, and everyone has a great afternoon watching a great game, and get home safely.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 20, 2018, 08:54:56 am by NickDRFC »
Wouldn’t say having 2 of your best centre backs out is free of any injuries!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 20, 2018, 10:06:19 am by selby »
  Nick,I agree, but was commenting on the teams as fielded last week, having said that both loan players are signed on with teams playing at a higher standard than we are at, and I don't see the need to get in excuses before the game.
   In Baudries case, we have ignored our best defender for a couple of matches, so they must be doing something right, or we have to play them, if that is the case, it will become more apparent with the return of Butler and Wright, seeing as we have them until the end of the season.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 20, 2018, 11:37:55 am by DMnumber4 »
I would keep the same side although the only poss change I might make would be Baudry for Boyle. That said, Baudry has yet to play since his return.

Mason, did well at left back yet again. It may be too big an ask for Garett to step in in such an atmosphere.

I can see Marquis. Kiwomya, Rowe and Copps giving Richard Wood and Co a hard time.

Whatever team starts, we'll have a strong bench so there's no excuse for not giving it everything!

We've nowt to lose although Rotherham are rightful favourites. It should be a cracker!

Spot on with Baudry for Boyle (for me).

Think Marquis has to be at his bullying best as the Rotherham back line is so raw (Ajayi, Ihiekwe & Emmanuel) apart from Wood who got that OG of course.

Beestin glancing header last minute, anyone?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 20, 2018, 12:54:33 pm by Campsall rover »
I would keep the same side although the only poss change I might make would be Baudry for Boyle. That said, Baudry has yet to play since his return.

Mason, did well at left back yet again. It may be too big an ask for Garett to step in in such an atmosphere.

I can see Marquis. Kiwomya, Rowe and Copps giving Richard Wood and Co a hard time.

Whatever team starts, we'll have a strong bench so there's no excuse for not giving it everything!

We've nowt to lose although Rotherham are rightful favourites. It should be a cracker!

Spot on with Baudry for Boyle (for me).

Think Marquis has to be at his bullying best as the Rotherham back line is so raw (Ajayi, Ihiekwe & Emmanuel) apart from Wood who got that OG of course.

Beestin glancing header last minute, anyone?
97th min penalty winner from Mason. That will do nicely thank you. :clapping:

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 20, 2018, 05:03:21 pm by selby »
   Alfie Beestin could hold the key to us getting anything out of this game, the lad looks like he is going to be a good player, and impressed carrying the ball at the defenders last week, but he has not been quite as impressive in the last few away games.
   I would like to see him just drop back a little, to link up and play alongside McCollough, pushing Rowe and Coppinger up just behind Marquis, where they can collect the ball on the half turn and take on,and keep their full backs stretched and more defensive.
  If this creates space for him to run into inside he could be a real threat, as their central defenders are not the quickest on the turn, and when they have the ball gives us a chance to tuck in and put men between the goal and the ball.
   What do you think?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 20, 2018, 05:55:49 pm by Campsall rover »
   Alfie Beestin could hold the key to us getting anything out of this game, the lad looks like he is going to be a good player, and impressed carrying the ball at the defenders last week, but he has not been quite as impressive in the last few away games.
   I would like to see him just drop back a little, to link up and play alongside McCollough, pushing Rowe and Coppinger up just behind Marquis, where they can collect the ball on the half turn and take on,and keep their full backs stretched and more defensive.
  If this creates space for him to run into inside he could be a real threat, as their central defenders are not the quickest on the turn, and when they have the ball gives us a chance to tuck in and put men between the goal and the ball.
   What do you think?
Think at the moment Beestin’s best position is as you say on the right of a 3 in the midfield or on the right of 4 in midfield.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 20, 2018, 05:57:26 pm by Campsall rover »
Sorry Brian I added my post on to the bottom of yours by mistake.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 21, 2018, 09:17:12 pm by selby »
  I wonder if Lee acka bushy is a real example of the education standard of the Rotherham area.
  From his rants on radio Dee Dah, he seems to be a level headed well educated scrote of the highest order.
  Good natured banter and informed statements I can take in, but he takes being a complete pillock to a whole new level.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 23, 2018, 08:51:33 am by selby »
  The Rotherham manager is hoping that Towell, Vaulks,  Mattock, and Forday will come through fitness tests and be available for selection after carrying injuries earlier in the week.
  A warning to supporters from the police is that dogs trained to sniff out Pyrotechnics and drugs will be in operation at entrances before the game, and anyone found with these objects on their person will be denied access to the ground.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 23, 2018, 09:21:53 am by the vicar »
Mandeville just hasn't performed, also we don't see them every day in training so don't know what their attitude etc is like on a daily basis.
Only advantage of 3-5-2 is having the extra man in the middle of the park enabling us to try and control the game.

Niether of the two new CB's have any pace, it would be a disaster playing 3 at the back, especially if they have quick tricky wingers, they'd effectivley push our wingbacks back and we'd lose the midfield battle
how do you work that out with that goal line clearance Anderson did with the ground he covered in no time

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 23, 2018, 09:28:27 am by Filo »
Mandeville just hasn't performed, also we don't see them every day in training so don't know what their attitude etc is like on a daily basis.
Only advantage of 3-5-2 is having the extra man in the middle of the park enabling us to try and control the game.

Niether of the two new CB's have any pace, it would be a disaster playing 3 at the back, especially if they have quick tricky wingers, they'd effectivley push our wingbacks back and we'd lose the midfield battle
how do you work that out with that goal line clearance Anderson did with the ground he covered in no time

He caught up because the attacker was checked in his run by rounding the keeper

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 23, 2018, 09:37:01 am by selby »
Still an excellent last ditch clearance, and showed that he is combative, and willing to get back to defend, and he was not slow in doing so.
  A great bit of defending, but also a bad miss. 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 23, 2018, 09:47:35 am by Donnywolf »
Still an excellent last ditch clearance, and showed that he is combative, and willing to get back to defend, and he was not slow in doing so.
  A great bit of defending, but also a bad miss. 

It was exactly as you said - a real combabative challenge - busting a gut to defend - and a howling miss though not as bad a Sanchez did a day or two later

I think (as pundits say) that this game is difficult to call and this is shown on PvO where the Forum Members have gone RU 18 DR 11 Draw 11.

Its potentially a sell out and that may work against RU - and lets hope they go home thinking and saying "why do we always reserve our worst performances for our Local Derbies and just when we gat a massive crowd"

Anything can happen or a Jeff Stelling says "anything does happen" I have gone 3-1 to the Millers but would be delighted to see a bland awful non entertaining 0-0

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 23, 2018, 10:40:14 am by the vicar »
It int a potential sell out, it is a total sell out

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 23, 2018, 03:46:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well the banter is in full flow with my Rotherham mates. Outwardly, outrageously confident of a big win but inwardly, bricking it!

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 23, 2018, 04:51:37 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Selby.
Lee the self appointed Rotherham spokesman is really alienating himself by slagging off our town, Barnsley FC and the Wendies.
We wlll keep it sensible and let him gloat, for now. He's already said 6/0 so anything less will be humiliating for the "man ".
I've been chatting with several sensible Rotherham fans who still think the home team will win comfortably but distance themselves from Lee.
If we can sort out our aerial defence then I think it's game on and let our attack and midfield do the talking.
We will be outnumbered about 9,000 to 2,600. Let's stick together even if we go behind. We have some very intelligent players in Rowe, Copps and young Beestin who can turn a game.
I love being outnumbered at footy and I'm sure we can all recall 50 k v 20 K at Wembley against.... whoever it was. Champs of Europe or something.
We sent them packing and despite the fact this team ain't as good we have hope, desire and the passion to tiddle on their strawberries in their own front garden.
In Donny I believe. We've took on bigger giants and stayed them and remember not many Rotherham fans are like Lee.
Banter yes, abuse no. RTID.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 23, 2018, 05:34:11 pm by NickDRFC »
Who on earth is Lee?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 23, 2018, 05:38:38 pm by RedJ »
Some cock who rings into Radio Sheffield.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 23, 2018, 06:11:16 pm by Draytonian III »
Rovers 7/1 with William Hills,to win and both teams to score

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 23, 2018, 07:21:08 pm by selby »
  Listening to the Rotherham supporters on radio dee dah we may as well not turn up,they are going to brush us aside.
  Unfortunately I will be surprised if their manager is as daft as to believe that.  If they do go gung ho there is a good chance they will get beaten. Every team over the last few seasons who have played an expansive game against us, we have given them a hard game, utilising the freedom we get in midfield, the teams that play holding players in midfield, stifling our better players we struggle against.
   Playing wing backs could very well play into our hands tomorrow, especially if Kiwomya and Marquis can exploit their full back areas, and we can get Rowe and Coppinger on the ball, and Beestin and McCollough can settle the midfield area down.
   If the game gets stretched, and our back line mark tight I fancy us to get something out of the game.

Friendly Miller

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 23, 2018, 07:30:32 pm by Friendly Miller »
I can see this all going Pete Tong!

When fans come on the media mouthing like some my fellow millers have this week it never ends well.

They seem to think Rovers will be a walk over but you've had some good results this season, like Blackburn away, so you've got the performance in your locker.

I've got a bad feeling about tomorrow

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 23, 2018, 08:14:30 pm by selby »
   F.M. I can take a defeat if we play well in a good game, well contested, and not decided by poor officiating.
   I can honestly say you have won more games than us in the games I have watched between us, but they have mostly been good games to watch apart from the last one at the K.M.
  I hope we win tomorrow, and some of the vitriol from your supporters deserve it, but wish you well, and hope you get to the promised land after tomorrow that is.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 23, 2018, 09:30:24 pm by Pancho Regan »

A warning to supporters from the police is that dogs trained to sniff out Pyrotechnics and drugs will be in operation at entrances before the game, and anyone found with these objects on their person will be denied access to the ground.

Yay..... let’s see if that works then.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on February 23, 2018, 09:37:16 pm by Pancho Regan »
I can see this all going Pete Tong!

When fans come on the media mouthing like some my fellow millers have this week it never ends well.

They seem to think Rovers will be a walk over but you've had some good results this season, like Blackburn away, so you've got the performance in your locker.

I've got a bad feeling about tomorrow

Thanks for your contribution; you are right to worry that this could all go wrong for your lot.
We like nothing better than being taken for granted and dismissed as ‘no hopers’.

We’ve got nothing to lose really have we?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 23, 2018, 09:48:12 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Just got no confidence with Anderson and Boyle. My dog could have kept a clean sheet against Fleetwood.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012