Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:52:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ten red cards and eight yellows in one match.  (Read 2070 times)

Dabby

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
Re: Ten red cards and eight yellows in one match.
« Reply #1 on February 19, 2018, 11:35:43 am by afro goal machine »
Its like a game of FIFA before they stopped the R1 R2 combo foul and fouls on goalkeepers when you were losing just so you could forfeit the match 2 -0

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 19, 2018, 11:45:47 am by drfchound »
Good to see action being taken against players who taunt opposition supporters after scoring a goal.
If players get booked for over celebrating with their own fans, like Beestin at Scunny, then they should also be booked for antagonising opposition fans like this.
In particular, I remember the Bristol City players milking it in front of the South a couple of years back with their “tennis” celebration that was designed to wind up supporters.
Also, that Keifer Moore tried his best after Rotherham’s goal in November.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 19, 2018, 04:19:55 pm by RedJ »
Good to see action being taken against players who taunt opposition supporters after scoring a goal.
If players get booked for over celebrating with their own fans, like Beestin at Scunny, then they should also be booked for antagonising opposition fans like this.
In particular, I remember the Bristol City players milking it in front of the South a couple of years back with their “tennis” celebration that was designed to wind up supporters.

And who could forget Dave Kitson for the Blades...

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 19, 2018, 04:25:18 pm by LincolnDonny »

You HAD to remind us................. :headbang:  LOL

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 19, 2018, 04:52:27 pm by drfchound »
I was trying to forget him.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 19, 2018, 06:38:40 pm by JonWallsend »

Was that Dave Kitson, who had endured 93 minutes of abuse and then ran round the ground celebrating wildly, in front of those fans who had been giving him the stick, when he equalised in the 94th minute of a local derby for a team who,had been two down with 10 left.

I remember at the time laughing at the hypocrisy of some of those same fans getting upset by his celebrations. Had it been me who had scored I'd have done two laps of the keepmoat and kicked every advertising board on the way round.

If you're going to give it out....

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 19, 2018, 07:21:18 pm by RedJ »
Yep. That would be the one.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 20, 2018, 09:11:08 am by idler »
Fair comment Jon but the abuse was mainly for his antics in the previous 3-4 loss to Portsmouth when he not only cheated for two goals but later said on to that there was nothing wrong with any of those goals.
There was a question on all four for me and three of them were an absolute disgrace.

ck-rtid

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 21, 2018, 12:27:06 am by ck-rtid »
Kitson cheated for 3 goals with the help of the ref, first one wasn’t a penalty, then he double hand balled the 3rd and pushed Sam Hird when challenging for the ball for the fourth. Mick Russell probably in the top 3 worse refs we’ve had

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 21, 2018, 09:30:45 am by The Red Baron »
Kitson cheated for 3 goals with the help of the ref, first one wasn’t a penalty, then he double hand balled the 3rd and pushed Sam Hird when challenging for the ball for the fourth. Mick Russell probably in the top 3 worse refs we’ve had

I wonder what Fergie would have said about him? JR had a go and was charged by the FA but got off with a small fine. It was interesting that Russell was never again appointed to a Rovers game as a referee (he was once fourth official at an away game). Personally I thought he should have been given a lengthy suspension.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 21, 2018, 10:44:30 am by idler »
I thought that he should have been suspended by the neck. ☹️

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 21, 2018, 04:00:17 pm by PDS »
What always gets me is that fans think the opposition players running into the corner is to taunt them or "give it back". Players are obviously taught to run into the corner to be as far away from the centre circle as possible, delaying a restart and regaining composure. You even see in some matches where a player remembers half way through his celebration!

Hate it. Celebration should be spontaneous but "professionalism" creeps into the game wherever and whenever it can.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 21, 2018, 05:13:58 pm by drfchound »
What always gets me is that fans think the opposition players running into the corner is to taunt them or "give it back". Players are obviously taught to run into the corner to be as far away from the centre circle as possible, delaying a restart and regaining composure. You even see in some matches where a player remembers half way through his celebration!

Hate it. Celebration should be spontaneous but "professionalism" creeps into the game wherever and whenever it can.

I get that PDS, what I was getting at earlier in the thread is when players deliberately taunt opposition fans after scoring, as in the two situations I pointed out.
It should be a booking.
To book a player for “ over celebrating”, as in Beestin at Scunny is crazy if you don’t book players for winding supporters up.

In fact it is crazy to book someone for over celebrating in some  circumstances.
A last minute goal to rescue or win a game for example.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012