Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:26:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fiddlers forum  (Read 6130 times)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
Fiddlers forum
« on February 21, 2018, 10:28:01 pm by Albert Trousers »
Couple of sensible posts but what a bunch of obnoxious knobhead they are, never wanted to smash them more. http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38214462

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Fiddlers forum
« Reply #1 on February 21, 2018, 10:39:40 pm by Filo »
Yep, they're not bothered about us but have a whole thread dedicated to us, strange behavior!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 21, 2018, 10:43:23 pm by drfchound »
It just seems like a standard football forum to me, nothing different to what I read on here about them really.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 21, 2018, 10:52:34 pm by Albert Trousers »
But they are not interested in us in the slightest.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 22, 2018, 12:00:16 am by bobjimwilly »
don't have a problem referring to them as rotherscum, or barnsley as dingles, but doesn't sit easy with me making light of the recent problems with grooming gangs and referring to all their fans as fiddlers. might just be me though.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 22, 2018, 04:34:56 am by German Rover »
don't have a problem referring to them as rotherscum, or barnsley as dingles, but doesn't sit easy with me making light of the recent problems with grooming gangs and referring to all their fans as fiddlers. might just be me though.

Not just you.  I agree

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 22, 2018, 07:03:10 am by ctay »
I tend to get what they say, we hate them more than they do us in the same way they hate Wednesday and Wednesday don't care about them. If your from the Mexboro/Dearne area side then I think its natural more rivalry occurs. In the same way if your from Haxey or the Isle its more Scunthorpe.

Not going to lie, I hate Rotherham. When we were shit they were good, when we were good they had Martin Woods. It is true what one said though, we haven't had a season when we were both near the top in the same division for a long time.

And I still cannot think of Rotherham and not remember Dave Cusack for getting us both relegated in one season!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 22, 2018, 08:26:09 am by drfchound »

We have at least three threads dedicated to them on vsc right now.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 22, 2018, 08:52:57 am by Donnywolf »

Not just you.  I agree

Me too.

I am neutral on Rotherham - coming from an era where Barnsley were our "natural" foe - then it seemed to morph into Scunny

Never for me have Rotherham been more than a Team that are close to us geographically speaking AND they did us the deal of all deals with the Rabjohn Wilcockson and Clish trio !

As for derogatory chanting - I suspect there will be nothing we as run of the mill Fans can do about it but the vast majority of those in that Stadium will be as appalled as we are by what happened there

I personally hope there is none of it - but I may as well hope there will be no more Flares - or no more McDonalds Carrier Bags getting hurled out of cars when the stuff has bean eaten !

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 22, 2018, 09:08:54 am by The Red Baron »
I get the feeling that there is 0% overlap between those involved in the grooming gangs and those who support Rotherham United.

eight over

« Reply #10 on February 22, 2018, 09:09:57 am by eight over »
Millers fan in peace.

Looking forward to the game. We normally go all out attack which leaves us vulnerable on the counter so expect end-to-end.

This is a Derby game which even though many millers wont admit it deep down this is the one they dont want to lose, all the gumph from the numpty on DeeDah is a bit embarrassing.

Hope you enjoy the day and the game, on current form we should win but as we all know in this game it counts for nothing

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 22, 2018, 09:18:52 am by idler »
I think that you aware right there TRB.
Just a look at those convicted will tell you that. There are probably the same % of paedophiles roughly supporting all footballing teams.
However much we shudder at the thought numbers suggest that all of us has met or worked with someone with those tendencies.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 22, 2018, 09:35:00 am by Donnywolf »
I peed myself laughing at Boston in the FA Cup when their "yobboes" aged 12 to 14 came towards us singing in deference to their Counties "heroine" ....

... Maggie Thatcher is or friend is our friend (etc) she SACK Miners.

These were who had not even been born - and to this day are probably realing the harvest of Thatcherism *

* Including getting their Gas from their Phone Company - Electric from the Gas Company (I wont go on but you get the picture)

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 22, 2018, 12:44:54 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
Don't know whats in the water over there, someone hates MK Mongs more than us, wtf???

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 22, 2018, 05:56:45 pm by DonnyOsmond »

We have at least three threads dedicated to them on vsc right now.

But were not in denial?

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 22, 2018, 07:46:58 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Did we not play them in a pre-season friendly when they were in a Sheffield sports stadium in the bottom division. They are no bigger than us in the wider picture of things and definitely a local rival....

Friendly Miller

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 22, 2018, 08:41:05 pm by Friendly Miller »

Personally I don't hate any club, I never have. I don't buy into this I support 'B' so I must hate 'A' and 'C' logic.

That said I desperately want us to win on Saturday and will be gutted if we don't. Probably more so than if we lost to Gillingham say so I must feel some kind of rivalry albeit good natured.

I've noticed over the 45 plus years I've been going to games I don't ever remember our fans singing an anti Doncaster song unless we were playing Doncaster, whereas anti Wednesday songs are sang every match, despite them not really given a toss about us.

Also whenever the scoreboard flashes up that  Wednesday, Blades or Barnsley have conceded  a cheer goes up but if Doncaster concede no one evens notices, if someone does and mentions it the feeling is so what!

So I genuinely believe our fans aren't giving it the  big un, they really don't care.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 22, 2018, 09:33:48 pm by silent majority »
FM, hate is a very strong word and emotion that I can't buy into.

Football is about fun and friendships for me. During my England travels I've met many supporters from local rivals, including Rotherham, and would class them all as friends, I certainly can't buy into anything that would impinge on that.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 22, 2018, 10:09:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Personally I don't hate any club, I never have. I don't buy into this I support 'B' so I must hate 'A' and 'C' logic.

That said I desperately want us to win on Saturday and will be gutted if we don't. Probably more so than if we lost to Gillingham say so I must feel some kind of rivalry albeit good natured.

I've noticed over the 45 plus years I've been going to games I don't ever remember our fans singing an anti Doncaster song unless we were playing Doncaster, whereas anti Wednesday songs are sang every match, despite them not really given a toss about us.

Also whenever the scoreboard flashes up that  Wednesday, Blades or Barnsley have conceded  a cheer goes up but if Doncaster concede no one evens notices, if someone does and mentions it the feeling is so what!

So I genuinely believe our fans aren't giving it the  big un, they really don't care.

Which is why you've sold out your ground. ;)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 22, 2018, 11:06:41 pm by the vicar »

Not just you.  I agree

Me too.

I am neutral on Rotherham - coming from an era where Barnsley were our "natural" foe - then it seemed to morph into Scunny

Never for me have Rotherham been more than a Team that are close to us geographically speaking AND they did us the deal of all deals with the Rabjohn Wilcockson and Clish trio !

As for derogatory chanting - I suspect there will be nothing we as run of the mill Fans can do about it but the vast majority of those in that Stadium will be as appalled as we are by what happened there

I personally hope there is none of it - but I may as well hope there will be no more Flares - or no more McDonalds Carrier Bags getting hurled out of cars when the stuff has bean eaten !
thought wilcockson came from the Wednesday but all 3 are some of the best players we have ever had

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 22, 2018, 11:56:15 pm by RedJ »

Which is why you've sold out your ground. ;)

Hilarious how far they go to try and make out they couldn't give a shit about us.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 23, 2018, 08:01:51 am by idler »

Not just you.  I agree

Me too.

thought wilcockson came from the Wednesday but all 3 are some of the best players we have ever had
He left us for Wednesday in a deal that brought Branfoot and Irvine the other way if I remember right Vicar.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 23, 2018, 08:12:32 am by Donnywolf »
http://www.doncasterrovers.co.uk/players/AtoC/Clish,Colin.htm

For The Vicar.  I just spent ages thinking who we beat on Saturday 3-0 (Im not kidding) so memory is not that great BUT can never forget the greatest deal we ever did ! (Half way down)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 23, 2018, 08:16:13 am by The Red Baron »
And we got  "Willie" Watson back a few years later. It was a great deal for us.

Friendly Miller

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 23, 2018, 01:22:23 pm by Friendly Miller »
Hilarious how far they go to try and make out they couldn't give a shit about us.

Hang on a minute while I find a brick wall to smack my head against.  **thud** **thud** **thud** that's better!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 23, 2018, 01:45:38 pm by Donnywolf »
Have these on me .... signed FriendlyRover

headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :thumbsup:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 23, 2018, 03:05:25 pm by RedJ »

Hang on a minute while I find a brick wall to smack my head against.  **thud** **thud** **thud** that's better!

Definitely said you personally, didn't I. 100% said that applied to you personally and directly.

Friendly Miller

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 23, 2018, 04:05:54 pm by Friendly Miller »
Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick, but as it was a reply to my post I thought it safe to assume you were talking to me :)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 23, 2018, 05:35:10 pm by RedJ »
Oh, are you DonnyOsmond as well like?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 23, 2018, 06:22:33 pm by RoversAlias »
To be fair RedJ it does read like you're indirectly referring to him.

Doesn't matter anyway, all that matters is what happens between 3 and 5 on the pitch.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012