Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:33:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Transfer Window Changes  (Read 1799 times)

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Transfer Window Changes
« Reply #1 on February 22, 2018, 08:24:41 pm by RoversAlias »
Bit of a mess this, for me. It should end before the season starts but this is a few days after for the EFL, and it's only two days before the start of the Premier League season so the deadline day 'drama' will take up focus during important preparation time for the opening game for managers and players. They should just make it July 31st instead or something, find a way that puts it before anyone has played a league game by around a week.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 22, 2018, 11:58:01 pm by RedJ »
Oh look another totally pointless change that will if anything make things worse.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 23, 2018, 07:47:21 am by anton123 »
At tipping free agents can sign after that date so doesn’t really affect us

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 23, 2018, 08:12:48 am by The Red Baron »

Also the loan window will remain open until the end of August.

It is a pointless change though, even for the Premier League clubs, who were the ones who wanted this. Their players can still be signed by clubs from abroad.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 23, 2018, 08:26:04 am by Campsall rover »
I would change the window altogether & start it from close of season in May and run it until
31st October.
After 10/11 weeks of the season and around 14/15 games played managers will have had time to assess their squads and do the necessary transfer dealings.
I would also introduce a maximum of 5 loan signings allowed during the season with a closing date on them of 28th February. After that you have to run with what you’ve got. Only emergency Goal Keeper loans would be allowed after 1st March.
Managers would then need to hold back most of the loan signings until Jan/Feb to cover injuries.
I think this is a far more sensible way to operate the transfer system than at present.
Thoughts anyone?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 23, 2018, 08:41:02 am by The Red Baron »
I would change the window altogether & start it from close of season in May and run it until
31st October.
After 10/11 weeks of the season and around 14/15 games played managers will have had time to assess their squads and do the necessary transfer dealings.
I would also introduce a maximum of 5 loan signings allowed during the season with a closing date on them of 28th February. After that you have to run with what you’ve got. Only emergency Goal Keeper loans would be allowed after 1st March.
Managers would then need to hold back most of the loan signings until Jan/Feb to cover injuries.
I think this is a far more sensible way to operate the transfer system than at present.
Thoughts anyone?

Sounds far too sensible for me!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 23, 2018, 09:39:19 am by Donnywolf »
I can probably guess (or perhaps even know) the answer but why do they NEED Transfer windows anyway

As an old schooler it seemed much better when Clubs simply chased Players (often totally in secret - like Laurie Sheffield to Norwich) without this artificial "Window" dictating when you can start and when you have to end the potential signing of Players

The hype of Sky and others leaves me cold - but then again so does Christmas - and I would love to see the end of it (the Window primarily) but doubt I will

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 23, 2018, 10:06:39 am by RoversAlias »
Not for me Donnywolf, that'd be a backwards step. It's good for clubs like ours that we're not distracted having to hold onto our best players all year. Say someone like Marquis is in high demand, we're having to fend off bids for most of the season, it's no good that.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 23, 2018, 01:45:06 pm by IDM »
When the dates for the windows sit, it doesn't really matter, it's the same for everyone.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 23, 2018, 01:54:56 pm by Donnywolf »
Not for me Donnywolf, that'd be a backwards step. It's good for clubs like ours that we're not distracted having to hold onto our best players all year. Say someone like Marquis is in high demand, we're having to fend off bids for most of the season, it's no good that.

Fair do's ... in the olden days (ho ho) it usually happened that way but why is it Windows these days ?

I'll Google it in the meantime !

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 23, 2018, 03:37:32 pm by Campsall rover »
When the dates for the windows sit, it doesn't really matter, it's the same for everyone.
Yes it’s same for everyone, but that doesnt make it right though does it IDM
The present system is barmy. Don’t expect it to change any time soon. Trying to get anything innovative done in Football takes decades.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 23, 2018, 03:39:39 pm by IDM »
True.. not saying the system is perfect..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 24, 2018, 12:56:08 pm by dickos1 »
To be fair this proposal was put to the clubs and they voted on it and his is what they voted for.
Makes much more sense for it to close before the season starts

TinyPortal © 2005-2012