Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:12:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Liverpool v City  (Read 9201 times)

Brian Young

• Forum Member
Re: Liverpool v City
« Reply #60 on April 10, 2018, 09:38:18 pm by Brian Young »
City now lost 2 back to back at home that 3 on the Trott and away to Spurs on Saturday. Who would have thought  2 weeks ago .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 10, 2018, 09:43:31 pm by Brian Young »
What about Roma beating Barcelona  .Didn’t see that ones !!

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 10, 2018, 09:44:12 pm by DevilMayCry »
What about Roma beating Barsalona .Didn’t see that ones !!
That’s like the match from Istanbul in 2005

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 10, 2018, 09:44:49 pm by drfchound »
Hope it is Liverpool’s year to win it again.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 10, 2018, 09:55:10 pm by Metalmicky »
Salah plays - so breakaway goals are very possible.  If Liverpool get the first I think they will win it...

Won £30 notes, as I had a fiver on Liverpool....

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 11, 2018, 12:52:13 am by RoversAlias »
Even then he was level

He wasn't, he was beyond the goalkeeper.

However, if it indeed came off Milner it should stand as a goal.

Does n't need to be the goalkeeper, it needs to be two players, usually the goalkeeper is one of those two players

Yes exactly. Sane is level with the last Liverpool defender but to be onside you must be level with at least two opposition players of any description, since Sane is beyond the goalkeeper he's offside as there's only the defender there.

The ball came off Milner, so he's onside

Sorry Filo but are you winding me up or something? I have been saying all along that he's onside! Mush said he was level, which he clearly wasn't. IF the ball had come off a City player (which I know it didn't, it came off Milner) then Sane was stood offside despite Mush's assertion as he wasn't 'level' thanks to the advanced position of the goalkeeper.

All of this is rendered irrelevant by the fact it did indeed come off Milner, hence wrongly disallowed for offside. But I was never saying the goal should have been ruled out in the first place.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 11, 2018, 06:02:18 am by Donnywolf »
Bring on VAR ?

Salah Offside for first goal in First Leg (goal wrongly given)

Sane not Offside for a goal that would have made it 3-1 (maybe it might have made it 2-1 cant renember exactly - Goal wrongly disallowed)

Ten Sane not Offside when score was 1-0 to City and would have made the score 2-3 right on Half Time (Goal wrongly disallowed)

I fully accept that had the goals been given or disallowed as appropriate the result(s) may still have not have been different i.e Liverpool may still have won BUT ...

.... not a great performance by different officials over 2 Legs in the worlds "premier" Club Competition and should lead to VAR across the last 16 onwards surely - much as I dislike the time and manner of its reviews

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on April 11, 2018, 09:40:13 am by silent majority »
Please don't make an argument for VAR. I do mind that every decision is analysed within an inch of its life and thats what adds to the tapestry of football. Its real life sport, not a computer game.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 11, 2018, 09:59:05 am by GazLaz »
Refereeing decisions cost city massively over the two legs. There’s nothing wrong with VAR I don’t think, it’s just the people that use it that cause the issues.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on April 11, 2018, 10:01:06 am by Filo »
Even then he was level

He wasn't, he was beyond the goalkeeper.

However, if it indeed came off Milner it should stand as a goal.

Does n't need to be the goalkeeper, it needs to be two players, usually the goalkeeper is one of those two players

Yes exactly. Sane is level with the last Liverpool defender but to be onside you must be level with at least two opposition players of any description, since Sane is beyond the goalkeeper he's offside as there's only the defender there.

The ball came off Milner, so he's onside

Sorry Filo but are you winding me up or something? I have been saying all along that he's onside! Mush said he was level, which he clearly wasn't. IF the ball had come off a City player (which I know it didn't, it came off Milner) then Sane was stood offside despite Mush's assertion as he wasn't 'level' thanks to the advanced position of the goalkeeper.

All of this is rendered irrelevant by the fact it did indeed come off Milner, hence wrongly disallowed for offside. But I was never saying the goal should have been ruled out in the first place.

Apologies, i misinterpreted your previous post

TinyPortal © 2005-2012