Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:39:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Baudry comment of DROS  (Read 5774 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Baudry comment of DROS
« on April 06, 2018, 06:20:16 pm by the vicar »
i read it that he wants away but i bloody hope not

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

deebee

• Forum Member
Re: Baudry comment of DROS
« Reply #1 on April 06, 2018, 06:21:17 pm by deebee »
I don,t read it that way

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 06, 2018, 06:27:21 pm by glosterred »
I don’t read it that way either

COYR

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 06, 2018, 06:29:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I think you've read too far into it.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 06, 2018, 06:36:42 pm by roversdude »
Where does it allude to wanting away in that

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 06, 2018, 06:43:39 pm by steve@dcfd »
I can’t see or read anything in the article that says or alludes about him wanting away.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 06, 2018, 07:02:38 pm by the vicar »
You listen to it how you want but it does to me. Did you hear him say when asked if he will be here next season and he said I don't know but I want to play in the championship so who knows

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 06, 2018, 07:08:24 pm by drfchound »
You listen to it how you want but it does to me. Did you hear him say when asked if he will be here next season and he said I don't know but I want to play in the championship so who knows

Not heard the interview but maybe he is just trying to get himself a better deal.
You can’t blame him for that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 06, 2018, 07:11:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If he’s seen my posts he’ll be after an extra £2k per week. And he’s probably worth it. If he stays fit.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 06, 2018, 07:15:01 pm by IDM »
Whenever does a player go on club media giving the impression he wants away?  Certainly the piece in the DFP didn’t give that idea either..

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 06, 2018, 08:18:36 pm by GazLaz »
He means exactly what he said. He will go with the best deal offered at the end of the season. Sure that will take into account Level/ size of the club, money, location and who the manager will be. Hopefully he stays but he will do what’s best for him.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 06, 2018, 08:25:38 pm by Pancho Regan »
I’ve only read the interview on DROS, I haven’t heard anything else. Based on that, I see nothing which hints at him wanting to leave.

He’s a good player and I hope he stays, but it wouldn’t be a fatal blow to our ambitions if he left.
From what I’ve seen of League 1 this season, it may be that ‘conventional’ central defenders are more effective than ‘cultured’ ones.

I’ve felt quite anxious every time we’ve conceded a corner or free kick in dangerous territory this season. At times we have been crying out for a Jones or McCombe to clear the threat in a good-old-fashioned-centre-half kind of way.

I remember playing the Blades at Bramall Lane back in 2012 in front of 18,000, one of those brilliant Rovers memories.
Jones and McCombe swept up every ball the Blades threw at us.... it was a text-book example of pure, unadulterated, ‘big Mester’ defending.

I remember that for the first time in ages, I could relax when we conceded a corner! ‘Bring it on!’ I remember thinking, as I lit my imaginary Hamlet cigar.

So, if Baudry wants to leave it will be a shame, but if we sign Anderson I won’t lose any sleep.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 08:54:42 pm by Pancho Regan »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 06, 2018, 09:06:06 pm by drfchound »
Pancho, you may feel the tension returning when Marosi rolls the ball out to Anderson just as an opponent rushes in to close him down.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 06, 2018, 09:30:01 pm by NickDRFC »
I’ve only read the interview on DROS, I haven’t heard anything else. Based on that, I see nothing which hints at him wanting to leave.

He’s a good player and I hope he stays, but it wouldn’t be a fatal blow to our ambitions if he left.
From what I’ve seen of League 1 this season, it may be that ‘conventional’ central defenders are more effective than ‘cultured’ ones.

I’ve felt quite anxious every time we’ve conceded a corner or free kick in dangerous territory this season. At times we have been crying out for a Jones or McCombe to clear the threat in a good-old-fashioned-centre-half kind of way.

I remember playing the Blades at Bramall Lane back in 2012 in front of 18,000, one of those brilliant Rovers memories.
Jones and McCombe swept up every ball the Blades threw at us.... it was a text-book example of pure, unadulterated, ‘big Mester’ defending.

I remember that for the first time in ages, I could relax when we conceded a corner! ‘Bring it on!’ I remember thinking, as I lit my imaginary Hamlet cigar.

So, if Baudry wants to leave it will be a shame, but if we sign Anderson I won’t lose any sleep.

And they say the human imagination is limitless...

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 06, 2018, 09:38:19 pm by Brian Young »
Baudry and McCullough injuries have meant the pair have had two consecutive disastrous seasons .  The close season could mean a good few  players leaving if he DF is to keep the pair and  I’m sure he will not want to loose his top targets again . Baudry has played well since his return but fitness is key so, DF may not take the chance as Baudry will want a two year deal.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 06, 2018, 11:17:31 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Whenever does a player go on club media giving the impression he wants away?  Certainly the piece in the DFP didn’t give that idea either..
Defoe might have come pretty close when whu got relegated

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 07, 2018, 02:55:51 am by scawsby steve »
Pancho, you may feel the tension returning when Marosi rolls the ball out to Anderson just as an opponent rushes in to close him down.

Tom will be OK, Hound; at the end of the day it's all about having different options, which is why the perfect scenario would be to have Baudry, Butler, Wright, and Anderson all signed on. Then we'd be well equipped to deal with big, strong, physical teams who are dangerous at set pieces, and also teams with fast nippy forwards. I sincerely hope that Baudry signs; if not, maybe Fergie will think about signing Boyle. Either way, I think we definitely need 4 signed on.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 07, 2018, 07:59:09 am by steve@dcfd »

I read the article on Dros you appear to have listened to an interview.

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 07, 2018, 10:12:53 am by CottyRover »

If you have iFollow Rovers then you get a fuller version than the brief item on DROS. To me Baudry just sounds as though he's being careful about committing himself before talks start. Makes sense but leaves his comments open to different interpretations. My sense of it is that he doesn't want to leave but is not ruling out listening to other offers and doesn't necessarily know that he will get an offer from us.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 07, 2018, 06:09:10 pm by the vicar »

i did

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 07, 2018, 06:19:31 pm by Rovers91 »
Hopefully he stays he oozes class and calmness at the back.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 08, 2018, 06:44:09 pm by Pancho Regan »

And they say the human imagination is limitless...

That’s a really interesting and informative response Nick, thank you and well done.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 08, 2018, 07:34:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
We’ve conceded 11 goals in the 16 league games that Baudry has played in. 3 of those were after he was substituted vs Walsall. Seems to me that we’re not THAT vulnerable to set-pieces or any other attacks when he plays.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 08, 2018, 07:55:21 pm by selby »
  Billy, he is our most talented defender, and makes the game look easy. whoever we get next season, in my opinion resigning Baudry would be one of the most important.
   My fear are the clubs coming down, a couple of them  whoever they are, would be attractive to players at this level, and could offer better wages than us.
   I think we will do well to hang on to him, but hope we do.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 09, 2018, 01:23:08 am by Brian Young »
We need 8 defenders next season . If Baudry is one them that’s fine but he isn’t a season lasting player .

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 10, 2018, 02:47:17 pm by bobbymax »
Reading Baudry's piece on DROS today more than suggests that an agreement has been reached for him to be here next season.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 10, 2018, 02:56:05 pm by selby »
I hope that's right bobbymax, and I hope it is the start of a few messages of good news to come.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 10, 2018, 03:57:57 pm by bobjimwilly »
We need 8 defenders next season . If Baudry is one them that’s fine but he isn’t a season lasting player .

What and what?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 10, 2018, 05:30:35 pm by glosterred »
Has any of our defenders played a full season or have we no season lasting defenders?

COYR

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 10, 2018, 06:16:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nope. None of our defenders has made more than 31 league starts (Wright) with Mason making 30.

I reckon we’ve used 7 centre halves this season in the league (Wright, Butler, Baudry, McCullough, Boyle, Anderson, Alcock) maybe 8 if Mason has also played there in a back 3.

6 full backs (Blair, Alcock, Mason, Andrew, Toffolo, Garrett)

With that in mind it’s credit to the club that we’ve got the 4th best defensive record in the division with only the top 3 conceding fewer goals than us.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012