Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:07:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lincoln  (Read 5950 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Lincoln
« on April 06, 2018, 10:49:10 pm by roversdude »
Quick mention for them, great effort in selling 25k for Chaka Khan cup final

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Lincoln
« Reply #1 on April 06, 2018, 11:28:32 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
apparently 11,000 "notso shrewd"bury fans going on the reconaissance trip  checking it out ready for the play off final

just realised it could be a reconaissance trip for Lincoln as well
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 11:32:09 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 06, 2018, 11:57:43 pm by silent majority »
I'll be there on Sunday as a neutral. So long as it's a good game I'll be happy.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 07, 2018, 11:19:00 am by roversdude »
Would love to see Lincoln do the double and be playing Rovers next season
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:41:46 pm by roversdude »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 07, 2018, 11:43:12 am by Colemans Left Hook »
I hope Lincoln win it but I hope more than anything that the Cowley's stay there for a few years and build up a legacy.

What's happening at Sincil Bank has similarities with another team who play in red and white, about 15 years ago.

Ipswich (at last) are positioning themselves nicely for a relegation challenge next season (how the hell were they joint top with Brighton for a while last season) having mutually "allegedly" split from the McCarthy -who knew how to keep them up with no frills

when I last looked the Cowley's were hot favourites

cowlies are now 2/1

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-west-brom-ipswich-14487802

Twice I've seen "pretend seriously injuries"  to their goalkeepers to deliberately stop play for long long periods of play (once against Forest Green maybe Arsenal the other) to take more than the sting out of the game --  players then all go to the manager for pretend drinks of water etc ---  let's see if he pulls that stunt off tommorrow

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 07, 2018, 12:39:45 pm by LincsRover »
 I have to say that I’m a bit jealous as most of our village are on their way to Wembley and part of me would love to see Lincoln win. However the other part of me is dreading all the gloating and p*ss taking if they do win a trophy as they keep telling me we haven’t won one in awhile and that they’re going to kick our arses next season “When” they get promoted! 

For tomorrow, que sera sera, but won’t be too devastated if they lose - and don’t get promoted!  :evil:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 07, 2018, 01:16:59 pm by roversdude »
Doesn’t Cowley try to break game into quarters with the ‘injuries’

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 07, 2018, 01:53:51 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Doesn’t Cowley try to break game into quarters with the ‘injuries’

exactly !!   

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 07, 2018, 11:26:45 pm by pib »
I don't think the Cowley's will get the job anyway, nor would they be stupid enough to want it in the first place.

Ipswich, right now, remind me of where Cardiff were this time two years ago.

Cardiff sacked Russell Slade to all intents and purposes after he'd made them difficult to beat and got a 7th/8th place finish in the Championship - they were in contention for the play-offs, though not actually in them, for a lot of the season, and he was working under a reduced budget.

The fans didn't like the brand of football so they stayed away and a change was necessary.

Up steps Paul Trollope and wham, bang, wham... three months later he gets sacked and they're in the relegation zone and up steps Neil Warnock to re-introduce the same style of play that RS got sacked for playing, but he's a bigger name.

It's a poisoned chalice for any young/inexperienced manager, who isn't a big name or with a big pedigree, going there. Being fed to the lions would be more pleasant.

Can't disagree but I think Warnock is and has been a much better manager over the course of his career than Russell Slade has. He's worked wonders this year getting Cardiff in the top 2.

Understand Ipswich fans' reasons for wanting rid of McCarthy but I can see the next manager struggling unless they change direction as a club and do something innovative a la Watford/Huddersfield.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 08, 2018, 11:24:50 am by The Red Baron »
I agree with you on Ipswich, Rigo. A club going nowhere. I don't know if Big Mick jumped or was pushed but I'm sure he can see they are going in one direction - and I don't mean up.

To me they are the Bradford City of the Championship. They have enough points to be safe this year but look out for them in a relegation scrap next term.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 08, 2018, 05:09:04 pm by Campsall rover »
Well done to Lincoln. Made Shrewsbury look very ave today.
Hope they get in the the play offs and win it. Another club near to us to play next season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 08, 2018, 05:32:25 pm by drfchound »
Hope they get in the the play offs and win it. Another club near to us to play next season.

I will second that Campsall.
I didn’t see the game, the bbc report says that Rhead should have been sent off for an elbow assault on the Shrews keeper.
Was it that bad?

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 08, 2018, 05:41:53 pm by Lincoln Rover »
I did say before a ball was kicked in this competition that Lincoln would win it.
Reason they put their first team out in every match.
Well done to them. Boy I'm gonna hear this for a long time in Lincon in terms of work and family. 👏👏👏

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 08, 2018, 05:54:40 pm by LincsRover »
Me too! Oh well, through gritted teeth, well done Lincoln!  :rtid:

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 08, 2018, 07:31:54 pm by CJK »
The big lump up front was very fortunate to stay on after that, he had a quick look to see where the keeper was and hit him hard with his considerable frame. I thought the Imps were a very cynical side and full of dirty tricks. Cowley also likes to break the game down into quarters so you will often see a Lincoln player down injured with 23 and 65 minutes on the clock.

Fair play to them though, they’re on a roll.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 08, 2018, 07:33:01 pm by Campsall rover »

I didn’t see the game, the bbc report says that Rhead should have been sent off for an elbow assault on the Shrews keeper.
Was it that bad?
If it had been a league match I think most refs would have given a red card.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 08, 2018, 08:28:29 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I did say before a ball was kicked in this competition that Lincoln would win it.
Reason they put their first team out in every match.
Well done to them. Boy I'm gonna hear this for a long time in Lincon in terms of work and family. 👏👏👏

In answer to a question from Lincoln Rover about which clubs have 100% record at Wembley, I thought this article might be interesting for all:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/jun/27/theknowledge.sport

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 08, 2018, 08:56:29 pm by Metalmicky »

Was it that bad?

I agree - I like Rhead, but it looked like he went went in with intent.  I've seen Lincoln a few times this year and I haven't seen that in his game tbh - he's a strong aggressive player but not a dirty type....

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 09, 2018, 05:13:23 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Was it that bad?

I agree - I like Rhead, but it looked like he went went in with intent.  I've seen Lincoln a few times this year and I haven't seen that in his game tbh - he's a strong aggressive player but not a dirty type....
=============================

sorry mate you are very wrong about Rheade "allegedly" did the same thing on a tv match i was watching last season . I forgot about that antic because i forgot about him them signing (a) that Mansfield striker Green who Steve Evans "ridiculously" let go for a free  (obviously didn't get on the pair) and ollie palmer (his dad was a bodyguard of prince charles!!)

in the luton 4 lincoln 2 match this season

"The Hatters had Alan Sheehan sent off in the fourth minute, the defender seeing red for an off-the-the-ball incident with Matt Rhead," 
   makes you wonder what "allegedly" Rhead did because the centre half "blatantly thumped him"  the ball was miles away

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42475637

and the ref said to cowling at half time "if RHead makes one more foul he will be sent off"  so they substituted him at half time

cowley says this 4 minutes into the interview here

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/luton-town-4-lincoln-city-997080

so all is not what it seems me thinx

anyhow well done to Lincoln did we have the fake injury to the goalkeeper ????
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 05:18:21 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 09, 2018, 05:25:03 pm by drfchound »
Interesting to see where Accrington were in the table sixteen matches ago.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 09, 2018, 05:31:05 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

yes my bank manager is having nightmares something like 12 wins in a row whilst Luton despite at the time apparent good jan transfer signings caught the same "Doncasteritis disease" that comes from being sat at the head of a "contagious" table    :suicide:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 09, 2018, 05:39:56 pm by GazLaz »

yes my bank manager is having nightmares something like 12 wins in a row whilst Luton despite at the time apparent good jan transfer signings caught the same "Doncasteritis disease" that comes from being sat at the head of a "contagious" table    :suicide:

Accrington are on an unbelievable run. A friend of mine, a professional football punter, had City, Wolves, Wigan, Luton to win absolute fortunes. He was looking nailed on at Christmas.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 09, 2018, 05:52:00 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Accrington are on an unbelievable run. A friend of mine, a professional football punter, had City, Wolves, Wigan, Luton to win absolute fortunes. He was looking nailed on at Christmas.

seems i've got a twin brother who reads my mind (pre-season)  Accies could still catch that disease tough matches

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=264039.msg735771#msg735771

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 10, 2018, 05:56:49 am by roversdude »
Rheady gets pulled, tugged, nipped, etc, at the majority of attacking set-pieces he's involved in. It's all down to the fact he's a proper handful to deal with and those kind of tactics serve best to try and nullify his threat - the same happens with Akinfenwa, Parkin and pretty much every other big boy who's played in the lower divisions going back many years.

If defenders are going to give out a bit of rough treatment, they should expect a bit of rough treatment back - Shrewsbury can't complain too much given they're back line are six-footers for a reason and they won't exactly be shrinking violets if it comes to a physical game.

Agree with that Rigo Shrewsbury have given plenty out this season but they didn’t look they fancied the physical aspect on Sunday

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 10, 2018, 12:59:07 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
shrewsbury had a defender sent off very recently and another defender went off injured even more recently so that might have made a bearing -- we all know they have plenty of loanees

now the point i keep not postng is guess who knocked idleswich out of the fa cup last seson in the replay at ipswich

yes you guessed

i have noticed how hopeless an ipswich team always is in th cup matches against poorer opposition (yes they will field a weak team) but this helps pi$$ the fans off  who still with a long telescope dream of very very past glories

tractors are a thing of the past if they merged with Norwich they could afford a "combined"harvester of success
 :woohoo:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012