Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:59:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kiwomya  (Read 6312 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Kiwomya
« on April 07, 2018, 08:51:56 pm by Draytonian III »
Wasn't in the squad today, is he injured or ill, I might have missed news on him ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Kiwomya
« Reply #1 on April 07, 2018, 09:24:42 pm by ravenrover »
according to DF it was a "nice" selection problem, he didn't want to change the squad too much

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 07, 2018, 09:28:16 pm by scawsby steve »
Surely Fergie wouldn't leave Kiwomya out of a squad that has Kongolo in it.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 07, 2018, 10:35:28 pm by selby »
  He wants to start leaving May out, another two points thrown away with a sitter from 6yds missed.
   Six yards out, unmarked and takes three touches and does not get a shot away, and Williams on the bench, criminal.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 07, 2018, 11:12:18 pm by Surrey Rover »
I really wanted Alfie to make the step up but unfortunately I don’t think he has what it takes. You simply have to react faster with chances like the one that fell to him in time added on, he should have put his foot through the ball without hesitation.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 07, 2018, 11:47:53 pm by Retdon1 »
Just seen that Alfie mays chance again. That’s why in my opinion, he will never be good enough to play at this level. A good striker hits it first time. He always takes a touch. You can get away with that at semi pro level but not in league 1/2

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 08, 2018, 03:30:39 am by scawsby steve »
I still maintain that Fergie will sign another striker in the Summer; however, to get the kind of quality that we need in that position, it may have to be a loan.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 08, 2018, 07:33:14 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Just seen that Alfie mays chance again. That’s why in my opinion, he will never be good enough to play at this level. A good striker hits it first time. He always takes a touch. You can get away with that at semi pro level but not in league 1/2

The kind of goal another of our strikers would finish no problem.  But as he doesn't run around as much....

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 08, 2018, 07:43:18 am by BigH »
Signing May was always acknowledged as a gamble given the gulf in status between the level of football he was playing and L2/L1.

It would have been a wonderful story to see him succeed but the sorry fact is that he's not good enough for this level.

Fair play to the lad; it was a gamble for him as much as for us and he's taken his opportunity and had a go. However, it hasn't worked and I'd be surprised if he's still here at the beginning of next season.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 08, 2018, 07:51:17 am by GazLaz »
Signing May was always acknowledged as a gamble given the gulf in status between the level of football he was playing and L2/L1.

It would have been a wonderful story to see him succeed but the sorry fact is that he's not good enough for this level.

Fair play to the lad; it was a gamble for him as much as for us and he's taken his opportunity and had a go. However, it hasn't worked and I'd be surprised if he's still here at the beginning of next season.

Finally people are coming round to this. I got slaughtered by many for daring to say he was on good.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 08, 2018, 09:34:09 am by Brian Young »
DF needs to strengthen up front and Alfie May could be the unfair scapegoat , Marquis is as much to blame for not taking the opportunities he gets and he played regularly when earlier on when he clearly was out of form . May imo has got to be used with greater effect , he IS a goal scorer and creates  opening  for others as well by drawing the defence out of position with his runs . We have had too many midfielders and not enough scorers up front or variations to choose from . Enlarge the squad size and I think we’ll be more competitive.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 08, 2018, 09:38:29 am by DonnyOsmond »
DF needs to strengthen up front and Alfie May could be the unfair scapegoat , Marquis is as much to blame for not taking the opportunities he gets and he played regularly when earlier on when he clearly was out of form . May imo has got to be used with greater effect , he IS a goal scorer and creates  opening  for others as well by drawing the defence out of position with his runs . We have had too many midfielders and not enough scorers up front or variations to choose from . Enlarge the squad size and I think we’ll be more competitive.

But then we'll be wasting wages on players not getting in the 18. We only need 4 strikers, Marquis, Kiwomya and two others. They all need to bring something different to the table.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 08, 2018, 10:19:21 am by Brian Young »
An 18 man squad is just not a promotion platform. With as many injuries that we’ve had at any one time and together with NOT being able to bring in short term loans when the window shuts , makes thing even more important that you get your squad build up and either you go for it or settle for a gamble knowing that odds of getting across the line are impossible without luck beyond reason.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 08, 2018, 12:18:28 pm by DonnyOsmond »
To be fair we probably need around a 22 man squad, so you have the 2 for every position. Which would also allow for any injuries.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 08, 2018, 12:39:22 pm by bpoolrover »
The problem is I’m not convinced kiwomya is a striker, everytime I’ve seen him play for other clubs he has been right midfield where he played well

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 09, 2018, 09:02:13 am by wing commander »
    Yes I see him as a right midfielder as well...Surprised he didn't make the squad Saturday..Personally I would have put him in instead of Williams..Nothing against him,but he's not going to get a new deal here and with Kiwomya having spent the majority of the season out,i would prefer a player whose likely to figure a lot next season get the nod..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 09, 2018, 09:13:34 am by Alan Southstand »
IF we ever choose to play a 4-3-3 formation, then Alex would slot nicely into the rhs of a front 3, imho. Partner for Marquis? Not yet, but he has all summer to work on that.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 09, 2018, 09:59:24 am by phil old leake »
We’ve needed a decent striker for years. Personally so far Kiwomya has done very little to impress me. Before everyone starts to get defensive I realise he has been seriously ill and that will take a lot to get over.  Maybe next season with a tough pre season he will be what we all expected. He’s fast and works hard. So far I’ve seen no end product.  Without improving he isn’t the man to push the team on next season. For me he’s shown nothing more than may.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 09, 2018, 10:08:46 am by GazLaz »
We’ve needed a decent striker for years. Personally so far Kiwomya has done very little to impress me. Before everyone starts to get defensive I realise he has been seriously ill and that will take a lot to get over.  Maybe next season with a tough pre season he will be what we all expected. He’s fast and works hard. So far I’ve seen no end product.  Without improving he isn’t the man to push the team on next season. For me he’s shown nothing more than may.

Every club is looking for a decent striker. We are lucky to have a decent one in Marquis.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 09, 2018, 10:12:58 am by phil old leake »
Agreed with that but he needs back up and more support

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 09, 2018, 11:20:41 am by Bristol Red Rover »
I can see how Alfie May can appear poor but picking on that one bit of play at Gills is a bit much. I've seen equally bad from many of our players.

He does need to get more solid, take his chances - work to be done. He does have positive qualities, and is still our most successful goalscorer per time on the pitch - that has to figure. I doubt he's that costly. The question is, does DF think his attitude is good enough and is he making enough improvements in training?

I agree about Kiwomya being more of an attacking midfielder but do think he could be a key player for us - a work in progress. Williams will definitely be leaving unless he does something dramatic between now and the end of the season.

For me it's Beestin (also somewhat of an attacking midfielder), Marquis, May, Longbottom and one addition. DF could be looking at bringing in another youngish forward rather than splashing out on someone more established.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 09, 2018, 01:01:18 pm by drfchound »
    Yes I see him as a right midfielder as well...Surprised he didn't make the squad Saturday..Personally I would have put him in instead of Williams..Nothing against him,but he's not going to get a new deal here and with Kiwomya having spent the majority of the season out,i would prefer a player whose likely to figure a lot next season get the nod..

Hadn’t AK picked up an injury, hence not being in the squad.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 09, 2018, 01:12:55 pm by Alan Southstand »
Illness, not injury.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 09, 2018, 01:16:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I can see how Alfie May can appear poor but picking on that one bit of play at Gills is a bit much. I've seen equally bad from many of our players.

He does need to get more solid, take his chances - work to be done. He does have positive qualities, and is still our most successful goalscorer per time on the pitch - that has to figure. I doubt he's that costly. The question is, does DF think his attitude is good enough and is he making enough improvements in training?

I agree about Kiwomya being more of an attacking midfielder but do think he could be a key player for us - a work in progress. Williams will definitely be leaving unless he does something dramatic between now and the end of the season.

For me it's Beestin (also somewhat of an attacking midfielder), Marquis, May, Longbottom and one addition. DF could be looking at bringing in another youngish forward rather than splashing out on someone more established.

Longbottom is an attacking mid/left midfielder.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 09, 2018, 04:22:23 pm by wing commander »
Illness, not injury.

Nope, Ferguson said he Kiwomya travelled to Gillingham but he decided to go with the exact same squad as the previous week so he was just left out...

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 10, 2018, 07:14:54 am by Alan Southstand »
I agree, but he came back into the squad after recovering from an illness, not injury!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 10, 2018, 09:07:34 am by wing commander »
  it's not a bad life been a footballer..You get a sniffle and you get told to have time off and stay at home out the way...For the rest of us you need to have full blown black death before work doesn't think your pulling a fast one..lol

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 10, 2018, 12:35:28 pm by Filo »

Finally people are coming round to this. I got slaughtered by many for daring to say he was on good.

Not from this corner you did n't, I've said it often, he'll never play above the level he is at now, a great trier, but not good enough I'm afraid

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 10, 2018, 12:41:02 pm by RoversAlias »
  it's not a bad life been a footballer..You get a sniffle and you get told to have time off and stay at home out the way...For the rest of us you need to have full blown black death before work doesn't think your pulling a fast one..lol

I mean, his job is one revolving around peak physical exercise. If you have the flu there's not much chance of you performing your job to the required standard in that case.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 10, 2018, 01:02:22 pm by Filo »

One place I worked at a Death Certificate was borderline sufficient 😀

TinyPortal © 2005-2012