Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:21:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: league 1 freebies this summer  (Read 5204 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: league 1 freebies this summer
« Reply #1 on April 08, 2018, 01:08:30 pm by Dutch Uncle »
That Coppinger would be a good acquisition  ;)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 08, 2018, 01:14:45 pm by Jonathan »
Nicky Law looked decent against us I thought. Not necessarily a priority though.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 08, 2018, 03:27:18 pm by Red wizard »
Cox at Southend. Wes Thomas. 2_strikers, not sure how old they are like.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 08, 2018, 04:13:19 pm by GazLaz »
A player I like the look of is Sid Nelson at Chesterfield, on loan from Millwall.

By no means the finished article but easily the best defender the Spireites have and he'll go on to have a decent lower league career.

It's a shame he's surrounded by a load of crap which will contribute to relegation.
He was outstanding last week when they were on TV.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 08, 2018, 04:22:34 pm by selby »
  The stand out ones for me, going on how players have performed against us this season are Eastham at fleetwood and Cannon and McGahey at Rochdale.
  I did not realise that Blair is out of contract at the end of the season, and that gives us a question to answer. Fergie does not want or play out and out wingers which I think on the right wing as an attacker, Blair is as good as anyone in this division, but too sloppy with his passing, and a poor defender to play wing /back or right side midfield.
   Eastham is a proper right wing back, Mcgahey has played wing back in the cup centre half and full back in a four against us this season, and on T.V.against Tottenham, each game playing well.
 Cannon has also played well in midfield against us in cup and league games, and would give Coppinger some serious opposition for a starting place, and started out as a right wing back before being used in midfield. Scored a great taken goal against Spurs, was a pain in the arse, and gained a dubious penalty against us in the Chekatrade Trophy.
   The question is, if Fergie does not play wingers, of which Blair is a very good example at this level, and can unpick defences, would we be better off with a proper recognised wing back who is a better defender?
    Mcgahey got the MOM against Portsmouth yesterday, Cannon is out with injury for the rest of the season, and Eastham scored against Rotherham, all a good age, and already proven at our level and would improve us.
  Would you let Blair go?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 08, 2018, 04:29:44 pm by vaya »
Blair signed a contract extension last year. He's out of contract next summer.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 08, 2018, 04:47:08 pm by selby »
  Thanks Vaya, I hadn't seen anything about him being out of contract, although it does not answer the problem we have, although Andrews being fit would help.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 08, 2018, 08:27:57 pm by karldew »
Saw this on a page the other day with a few comments from supporters of other teams saying the list wasn't up to date and its a lazy journalist that's wrote it..

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 08, 2018, 10:05:24 pm by scawsby steve »
Erhun Oztumer; just to stop him scoring against us all the time.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 09, 2018, 01:20:15 am by Brian Young »
I think Copps should offered a staff role at the club and not start next season . Until we build a team around the future players like Houghton Whiteman Mason etc we are failing . His presence has been magnificent but it’s folly to pretend at 37 he has the answers when it’s a change of gear to a higher level with a more positive attack style of play is what we are needing. We need players who can play box to box in midfield and not just take corners and make  telling passes. Players who can stop attacks before they cause damage . There is experience and there’s hanging on . Let him build a new future with the club and train his predecessors.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 09, 2018, 07:03:19 am by rtid88 »
I think Copps should offered a staff role at the club and not start next season . Until we build a team around the future players like Houghton Whiteman Mason etc we are failing . His presence has been magnificent but it’s folly to pretend at 37 he has the answers when it’s a change of gear to a higher level with a more positive attack style of play is what we are needing. We need players who can play box to box in midfield and not just take corners and make  telling passes. Players who can stop attacks before they cause damage . There is experience and there’s hanging on . Let him build a new future with the club and train his predecessors.
What utter rubbish!! Let's not play the best player in our squad. Think your watching a different player Brian! 😂 😂

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 09, 2018, 08:19:13 am by GazLaz »
  The stand out ones for me, going on how players have performed against us this season are Eastham at fleetwood and Cannon and McGahey at Rochdale.
  I did not realise that Blair is out of contract at the end of the season, and that gives us a question to answer. Fergie does not want or play out and out wingers which I think on the right wing as an attacker, Blair is as good as anyone in this division, but too sloppy with his passing, and a poor defender to play wing /back or right side midfield.
   Eastham is a proper right wing back, Mcgahey has played wing back in the cup centre half and full back in a four against us this season, and on T.V.against Tottenham, each game playing well.
 Cannon has also played well in midfield against us in cup and league games, and would give Coppinger some serious opposition for a starting place, and started out as a right wing back before being used in midfield. Scored a great taken goal against Spurs, was a pain in the arse, and gained a dubious penalty against us in the Chekatrade Trophy.
   The question is, if Fergie does not play wingers, of which Blair is a very good example at this level, and can unpick defences, would we be better off with a proper recognised wing back who is a better defender?
    Mcgahey got the MOM against Portsmouth yesterday, Cannon is out with injury for the rest of the season, and Eastham scored against Rotherham, all a good age, and already proven at our level and would improve us.
  Would you let Blair go?

Glad you picked out Cannon, he’s one of the beat players in the league. If Houghton doesn’t sign he should be an option in that midfield area.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 09, 2018, 11:41:43 am by DearneValleyRover »
Cannon, McGahey, Oztumer and Vassell are the ones that would improve us for me.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 09, 2018, 12:55:46 pm by Chris Black come back »
If they are out of contract, any decent player has done so to get away to a better club. It is their choice by and large. Their expectations will be higher than us and as no fee involved, wages from upper League One and small Championship clubs are going to be out of our reach.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 09, 2018, 01:09:37 pm by The Beast »
I'd have Bishop from Scunny even though he is horrible!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 09, 2018, 02:11:04 pm by GazLaz »

He’s about 40!!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 09, 2018, 02:55:33 pm by Campsall rover »
Past his best now. Not an option for me.
I like Cannon also, and if we could get him that would be a great signing.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 09, 2018, 05:25:12 pm by selby »
  I agree about Bishop, a couple of years ago he was just what we wanted, but too kong in the tooth now.
   Cannon is more than a good enough player to improve us in the midfield area, and his injury, that will keep him out for the rest of the season may help for him to go under the radar a little.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 09, 2018, 07:35:53 pm by scawsby steve »
If they are out of contract, any decent player has done so to get away to a better club. It is their choice by and large. Their expectations will be higher than us and as no fee involved, wages from upper League One and small Championship clubs are going to be out of our reach.

What do you mean, it is their choice? their contract is ending and that's it. It's up to the club whether or not they'll offer them an extension, and up to the player whether or not they'll accept it. As for their expectations being higher than us, half the players on that list aren't f*cking good enough to play for us.

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 09, 2018, 08:43:30 pm by essexrover »
Reece Brown anyone ?  :coat:  :)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 10, 2018, 09:19:18 am by Chris Black come back »

What do you mean, it is their choice? their contract is ending and that's it. It's up to the club whether or not they'll offer them an extension, and up to the player whether or not they'll accept it. As for their expectations being higher than us, half the players on that list aren't f*cking good enough to play for us.

As I say, any decent player in this situation has let their contract run down so they can personally benefit from the situation. If you are under contract and seeking a transfer, then the club takes a big portion of the recompense for the transfer (in form of fee) but if contract runs down then the player makes the best of the deal (no fee so higher wages). The player has to be decent though and know there will be some demand for them.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 10, 2018, 10:49:15 am by Red wizard »
Not a League One player but if Sheffield United decide to go for it in the summer, where will that leave Ched Evans?

Yet to score this season as well and been injured too.

No thanks. I doubt anyone would be happy if we was to sign him.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 10, 2018, 12:13:59 pm by DMnumber4 »
If Mason was to go, Josh Wright would be a solid, reliable option.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 10, 2018, 12:20:51 pm by karldew »
Anyone know what contract Doyle is on? Currently on loan at Oldham and would be a decent signing if they go down, can't see him wanting to play in league 2?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 10, 2018, 03:33:44 pm by selby »
   I do not know if anything has been agreed this season, but Ellis Harrison only signed a years extension at Bristol Rovers last season, so could be out of contract this June.
   Very similar player to Marquis, big and strong, and as we saw at the KM a complete knob.
   As  I said COULD be out of contract, but worth following up, as is the player Delfouneso who plays centre forward for Blackpool, and the tall guy who caused us problems in the air Gnandullet.
   Having said that, and suggesting other players, we are only amateurs,and I am sure that our management team have their own preferences and targets, we may see players play well against us who do not perform well on a regular basis, or have off field problems, and sign someone we do not know or consider
   But it is nice to speculate,have a discussion, and dream we end up with a promotion side next season. 

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 10, 2018, 04:14:51 pm by scawsby steve »
Not a League One player but if Sheffield United decide to go for it in the summer, where will that leave Ched Evans?

Yet to score this season as well and been injured too.

No thanks. I doubt anyone would be happy if we was to sign him.

Why not, Wizard? he's a proven goalscorer and has been cleared of all charges against him. Alright, I'll admit he's a knobhead, but so are lots of pro footballers. My only question mark would be the fact that he seems to be injury prone.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 10, 2018, 04:41:43 pm by GazLaz »
   I do not know if anything has been agreed this season, but Ellis Harrison only signed a years extension at Bristol Rovers last season, so could be out of contract this June.
   Very similar player to Marquis, big and strong, and as we saw at the KM a complete knob.
   As  I said COULD be out of contract, but worth following up, as is the player Delfouneso who plays centre forward for Blackpool, and the tall guy who caused us problems in the air Gnandullet.
   Having said that, and suggesting other players, we are only amateurs,and I am sure that our management team have their own preferences and targets, we may see players play well against us who do not perform well on a regular basis, or have off field problems, and sign someone we do not know or consider
   But it is nice to speculate,have a discussion, and dream we end up with a promotion side next season. 

Harrison is nothing like Marquis. You must be thinking of someone else.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 10, 2018, 05:43:38 pm by selby »
  Gaz, I have only seen him twice, you may have seen more of him. In those two games he ran the channels, put his marker under pressure, linked up play, and was a bloody nuisance and physical presence to our back four.
   Now he may be better looking than Marquis if you like that sort of thing, but that description is pretty much how other teams supporters see Marquis according to their forums, and pretty much how I see him play.
   How do you see them as players?
   If we lose Marquis this closed season who would you get in?
   Please feel free to discuss?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 10, 2018, 07:03:55 pm by bpoolrover »
  Would you let Blair go?

eastham is a centre half mate not a wing back if it's the same 1 that was at blackpool

TinyPortal © 2005-2012