Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:49:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tonights league 1 results  (Read 3517 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Tonights league 1 results
« on April 10, 2018, 09:47:54 pm by selby »
  Have seen us drop down a place or two but we are now 8 points off Rochdale with a game in hand.
  It should be very difficult for even  us to pluck relegation out of this situation.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Tonights league 1 results
« Reply #1 on April 10, 2018, 09:54:51 pm by Filo »
Looking upwards, win our two games in hand and we're six points behing charlton in 6th place with five games to play

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 10, 2018, 09:56:28 pm by normal rules »
Sssshhhh!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 10, 2018, 09:56:46 pm by drfchound »
We have two games in hand over most teams above us and three on some.
A couple of wins instead of the seemingly often point a game would see us break into the top ten.

W3 D8 L3 since new year.

Get a bit more clinical in front of goal and the last seven games could bring an interesting end of the season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 10, 2018, 10:25:08 pm by Campsall rover »
We are safe. I said 49 points would be enough and I am sticking to it.
We have a fantastic opportunity now to finish in the top 10 with the fixtures we have left.
4 wins and 1 draw from our last 7 matches are well within our capabilities. The only match which I think we may not get at least a point is the last one against Wigan especially if they need 3 points to guarantee promotion or the title.
MK Dons, Bury, Oxford, Oldham & Wimbledon are very winnable and Blackburn are not unbeatable.
But this is DRFC we are talking about and who knows how we will finish the season, so I will try and not get too ahead of myself.
I do think though it is important to finish well this season and take that momentom into next season.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 10, 2018, 10:38:03 pm by Pancho Regan »
60 points is now the absolute mathematical guarantee for safety, given how the fixtures are still to play out.

Rochdale's defeat and Oxford's late, late defeat has dropped them into a few problems.

There's still plenty of work to be done but one more win, especially against a team right down in the thick of it at present, will go a long way to realistically assuring safety.

Good to see you getting behind Rovers again Rigo

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 10, 2018, 10:57:19 pm by steve@dcfd »
We have two games in hand over most teams above us and three on some.
A couple of wins instead of the seemingly often point a game would see us break into the top ten.

W3 D8 L3 since new year.

Get a bit more clinical in front of goal and the last seven games could bring an interesting end of the season.

We have played 2 games as you say less than most. We have the fourth best goals against in the league at this moment. So let’s hope we can turn draws into wins. The attacking players in the team have all got to be more clinical. They did it last season against League two defences let’s hope we can change it round in the last seven games and get 5 wins and 2 draws at least from those games.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 10, 2018, 11:08:49 pm by rover-n-out »
Weird innit? Look at the Shrews, dominated the division for most of the season, now 5 points behind Blackburn in second spot with a game in hand over them. They could actually miss out on promotion this season, and I actually fancy Charlton to win the play off's. As Greaves'ie often said "Footbow's a fanny 'owd game!"

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 10, 2018, 11:40:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If we were to finish on 60 to 64 points then I think we'd have to celebrate a real progression considering  and definitely look forward to mounting a challenge.

Between 56 to 60 points. A little disappointing with work to do.

Less than 56 points. A real concern that we've not progressed sufficiently and question marks remain about the resolve of the team and whether DF has underachieved. Not good for ticket sales.

My opinion of course. Others may see it differently.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 11, 2018, 12:04:07 am by Colemans Left Hook »
gilingham got hammered about 4-0 away to southend
then they had the 0-0 with rovers
today they did the same with the bank of blackburn who usually win by 2 goals or more

it seem to me a hell of a long time since Blackburn got a nil  - not score --

mk dons only lost 2-1 at home to Blackies and i thought they had done well to only lose by one

the point is that result today makes me realise the Rovers draw was a really good point even without the last minute IF and MAY  happen

think we should rename Bradford city The Bradford Titanics :chair:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 11, 2018, 08:27:59 am by Campsall rover »
Any point at Gillingham is a good one for us. Have you seen our record against them. I think only Reading are a bigger bogey.
Walsall are catching up and we now seem to have put the Yeovil bogey to bed.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 11, 2018, 01:49:30 pm by IDM »
It would be fantastic if our points column could end the season starting with a 6..  However high 50s will be reasonable given the way the season has progressed. 

Notable however is we have lost the fewest games outside the top 9 or 10, and as someone said, relatively low goals conceded.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 11, 2018, 03:35:22 pm by Campsall rover »
Better than relatively low goals conceded as we have the 4th best goals against in the division 45 in 39 games. Only the top 3 Wigan, Shrewsbury and Blackburn have conceded less.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 11, 2018, 08:06:12 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
 iwas praising gillingham yesterday for stopping blackburn scoring since i have a vested interest (my shirt is on wigan) i follow there results closely
Blackburn had failed to score in only 2 league matches all season
they have now played 41 matches until last night had failed to score in only 2 league matches lost 0-1 to wimbledon and 0-0 at the bank of blackburn

now its 3 out of 41 blanks  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 11, 2018, 08:11:45 pm by besty »
Lets have a laugh and say we won all our remaining games that would put us on 71 points,is that generally enough for the play offs?

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 11, 2018, 08:21:43 pm by Silkscarf »
Lets have a laugh and say we won all our remaining games that would put us on 71 points,is that generally enough for the play offs?

No. I had a look at this the other week. I think for the last 10 years there was one instance of 6th place on 71 points. So it's not impossible...

Edit - actually it's twice (one of those was 69, with 5th place on 71). So come on Rovers let's have it!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 08:31:57 pm by Silkscarf »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 11, 2018, 08:27:38 pm by Alan Southstand »
Walsall 1 up at Oldham.

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 11, 2018, 09:07:34 pm by andy didcott »
1-1

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 11, 2018, 10:43:25 pm by RedJ »
May as well take Oldham out of your list Rigo. There'll be nuclear war before they end up out of the third tier.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 11, 2018, 10:52:41 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
now where have i heard that phrase before just this minute checking their fixtures and it's in their own hands

Oldham Athletic v Gillingham

Tuesday 17th April
LEAGUE ONE
Rochdale v Oldham Athletic

Saturday 21st April
LEAGUE ONE
AFC Wimbledon v Oldham Athletic

Tuesday 24th April
LEAGUE ONE
Oldham Athletic v Southend United

Saturday 28th April
LEAGUE ONE
Oldham Athletic Doncaster Rovers a long long time ago i suggested Rovers might relegate them in this match - no chance now

LEAGUE ONE Northampton Town v Oldham Athletic

just had an idea anyone fancy trebles etc on low scoring matches 
in these relegation battles personally can't be ar$ed but when u think about it 1-0 0-1 1-1 seems what to expect
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 10:57:40 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 12, 2018, 09:07:10 am by drfchound »
May as well take Oldham out of your list Rigo. There'll be nuclear war before they end up out of the third tier.

RedJ, did you have to write that last bit with all this USA / Russia posturing going off.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012