Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:19:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Madrid v Juve  (Read 3216 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Madrid v Juve
« on April 11, 2018, 09:09:41 pm by drfchound »
Juve 3-0 up in Madrid.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Madrid v Juve
« Reply #1 on April 11, 2018, 09:45:56 pm by drfchound »
Unbelievable end to the tie.
90+7 and Ronaldo wins it with a pen after Buffon sent off.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 11, 2018, 09:57:30 pm by RoversAlias »
Michael Oliver loves a late penalty that completely changes the game.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 11, 2018, 10:15:16 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
expect to hear stories of people who had a correct score double of 3-0 to roma and 3-0 to juventus must have been between 2000/1 and 3000/1 odds

reminds me of the mug punters who backed Dettori to win ever race at Ascot years ago and he won all 7 bankrupting one bookmaker

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 11, 2018, 11:04:50 pm by Alan Southstand »
Can't argue with the ref's decision. Pen, for me. I'll bet he never goes to Italy for his holidays, Mr Oliver.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 11, 2018, 11:17:30 pm by Dagenham Rover »

as if a ref can influence the outcome :) :) :) he ought to have a reputation for wanting to be the star and making sure he gets noticed by now   :silly: :silly: :silly:  even if he was right

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 11, 2018, 11:33:17 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

as if a ref can influence the outcome :) :) :) he ought to have a reputation for wanting to be the star and making sure he gets noticed by now   :silly: :silly: :silly:  even if he was right

Oliver's asking for MORE publicity obviously not a "bent" referee so won't be eating porridge in jail

Derby County "eat" your heart out

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/dec/11/nottingham-forest-anderlecht-match-fixing-scandal-1984

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 12, 2018, 08:55:02 am by DevilMayCry »
I think that's why England don't have any refs at World Cup.
Ion Craciunescu (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Cr%C4%83ciunescu) was one of the biggest romanian refs, who officiating the 1995 Champions League final, said that never a ref should give a penalty in 93 minute to decide a qualification without being a very clear one, and the penalty from last night was unclear, a 50-50.

We all know why UEFA doesn't want VAR in european competitions, because Real can't even reach the semi-finals without the help of the refs (last year was theft against Bayern).

Real will win the cup, everybody knows that...UEFA will make sure of that.

"It shouldn't be surprising, Bayern Munich went through it last year and this was Juve's turn," Chiellini told Mediaset Premium.
https://ro.soccerway.com/news/2018/April/12/juve-shouldnt-be-surprised-by-laughable-penalty--chiellini/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 09:09:25 am by DevilMayCry »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 12, 2018, 10:23:21 am by Filo »
Ion Craciunescu (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Cr%C4%83ciunescu) was one of the biggest romanian refs, who officiating the 1995 Champions League final, said that never a ref should give a penalty in 93 minute to decide a qualification without being a very clear one, and the penalty from last night was unclear, a 50-50.

We all know why UEFA doesn't want VAR in european competitions, because Real can't even reach the semi-finals without the help of the refs (last year was theft against Bayern).

"It shouldn't be surprising, Bayern Munich went through it last year and this was Juve's turn," Chiellini told Mediaset Premium.
https://ro.soccerway.com/news/2018/April/12/juve-shouldnt-be-surprised-by-laughable-penalty--chiellini/

I disagree, a penalty is a penalty, wether it be in the 1st minute or the 93rd minute, for me it was a clear cut penalty anyway. Bouffon was the idiot for me, getting himself sent off, although with the quality of the penalty I don't think he would have saved it anyway

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 12, 2018, 10:33:45 am by wing commander »
       Yep,I would throw the book at Juventus and especially Buffon..The action of there players was not acceptable nor was the press conferences afterwards especially from that clown Buffon

Like filo says it doesn't matter if it was the first or last minute.A penalty is a penalty and even the pundits after having the benefit of multiple replays say it was...

Sometimes you can point the finger at the refs and their reputations but for me while players act like that then there is no wonder they can feel intimidated...Fine Juventus big and Ban buffon whether he's retiring or not...

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 12, 2018, 10:45:05 am by DMnumber4 »
Fine Juventus big and Ban buffon whether he's retiring or not...

What are you banning him from?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 12, 2018, 10:57:21 am by wing commander »
  Because it sets a precedent for players going forward..He hasn't officially confirmed his retirement so that shouldn't come into it..You cant verbally assault someone both on and off the field and not face sanctions in my book....

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 12, 2018, 12:45:29 pm by DevilMayCry »
Even in AS (who everybody knows they are fans of Real Madrid) is said that the ref was wrong to give the penalty.
https://en.as.com/en/2018/04/11/football/1523480942_192032.html

As Craciunescu said, now the ex international spanish refs (I'm not saying what's in Marca, because they are with Barcelona) says that the penalty should have been very clear, and it's not.

"The contact from behind wasn't enough," Iturralde said, "he shouldn't have blown for a penalty".

But now this matched is finished and nobody can change anything. Real Madrid will be the Champions League winners...Bayern and Liverpool can try, but they cannot win a match against 14 (Bayern tried last year, didn't make it).

"Penalties must be very clear. This has many discussions, so there are no strong arguments to support it. I do not see any hitting of the opponent, I see how the opponent fell, but I did not see how he was pushed.

Under these circumstances, at that point, giving a penalty means you have no experience or something is wrong. In the minutes of overtime is not the same football as in the rest of the game. Concentration is much greater for footballers, who are tired, pressed, so it should be a penalty too clear to give it.

It was a questionable penalty, but I would not give it in the context of the game that was. I think a referee needs to know how to handle those moments, even if he has gone well for 90 minutes. At this point, I can think of anything. And this referee was tired, clearly, but he had to feel the game at certain moments, to be master in some extremely important situations, "said Ion Crăciunescu.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:08:20 pm by DevilMayCry »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 12, 2018, 01:25:32 pm by GazLaz »

England don’t have a red st the WC because it was meant to be Mark Clattenberg and he’s retired. Referees are chosen 2 years before the tournament.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 12, 2018, 07:49:06 pm by scawsby steve »

I disagree, a penalty is a penalty, wether it be in the 1st minute or the 93rd minute, for me it was a clear cut penalty anyway. Bouffon was the idiot for me, getting himself sent off, although with the quality of the penalty I don't think he would have saved it anyway

If we're going to be that pedantic about sticking strictly to the letter of the law, then with all the wrestling and shirt pulling that goes off in every game, there should be round about 15 to 20 penalties every game. I agree with Devil May Cry; Juventus were f*cking unlucky last night.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 12, 2018, 07:52:00 pm by RedJ »
There was a push in the back wasn't there before he got his leg wrapped around the attacker.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 12, 2018, 09:29:22 pm by Filo »
There was a push in the back wasn't there before he got his leg wrapped around the attacker.

Yes

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 12, 2018, 10:59:42 pm by drfchound »
Another big turn around in the Europa League.
Roma 4-2 up in the first game went in front through our old friend Immobille to lead 5-2 on aggregate.
FC Red Bull Salzburg then scored four in 20 minutes to win the tie 6-5

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 13, 2018, 06:44:51 am by DevilMayCry »
Another big turn around in the Europa League.
Roma 4-2 up in the first game went in front through our old friend Immobille to lead 5-2 on aggregate.
FC Red Bull Salzburg then scored four in 20 minutes to win the tie 6-5
The incredible thing is that they scored 3 goals in 4 minutes...Lazio played very weak in this match

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 13, 2018, 02:11:33 pm by ravenrover »
All that matters is the man who makes the decisions made the decision, and correctly in my opinion, as was the decision to send off Buffoon

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 13, 2018, 04:15:41 pm by DevilMayCry »
All that matters is the man who makes the decisions made the decision, and correctly in my opinion, as was the decision to send off Buffoon
Even the people from FIFA said that it wasn't a penalty and they demand UEFA to introduce VAR.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 13, 2018, 04:22:21 pm by DaveDRFC »
DevilMayCry, do you dislike Real Madrid by any chance? :)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 13, 2018, 04:53:08 pm by ravenrover »
It doesn't matter what FIFA UEFA or any FA say, the ref said penalty end of. Strange that an organisation, headed by a Swiss Italian whatever that is, should make demands on UEFA to introduce VAR after a result involving an Italian team or is it just me?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 13, 2018, 05:11:51 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

it could be argued that if these lot introduced var then the minnows eg liccoln reds of gibraltar lingfield n ireland had a right -- to have it  NAD COSTS ONE OFF MONEY unless the system is portable and maybe can be rented as need loads for the preliminaries and the staff wont be trained --not enough of them ??

argument says you treat all clubs the same - not wait til all the qualifying rounds are over ??

on the subject of the goalie being a buffoon (i havent seen it) that man city golie was an absolute IDIOT and deserved to be sent off

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 13, 2018, 06:06:07 pm by NickDRFC »
No idea how anyone can argue the penalty with a straight face. Sure, it might not always be given but the defender has cleaned out the attacker from behind. Stupid, stupid tackle.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 13, 2018, 06:19:08 pm by RoversAlias »
I agree, but I can see why he did it as it was out of desperation. Vasquez looked well placed to just slot in a fairly easy goal and win the tie for Madrid so Benatia probably wasn't composed in his thinking at that moment.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 13, 2018, 08:25:38 pm by drfchound »
........and there was always the outside chance that the penalty could have been missed.
Not all pens are scored are they.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 13, 2018, 08:33:55 pm by ravenrover »
unless Niall Mason is taking it 100% including Checkatrade

TinyPortal © 2005-2012