Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:38:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let,s talk about the Bury game  (Read 6204 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let,s talk about the Bury game
« on April 15, 2018, 09:54:37 am by selby »
  At last a home fixture for fans who do not go to away matches, so they can get their Rovers fix, it seems like ages since our last game at home for different reasons, the weather, and international games combining with the fixture list. The owners no doubt welcoming some revenue at last.
   On paper our easiest game, against a team that have had a horrid season, and after investing in new players, and hoping to do well at the start of the season.
   But, we all know how we do in easy looking games, a lot of the time we don't come up  with the goods it's part of being a Rovers fan.
   At the moment I am a very happy bunny,everything I wished for six games ago, consistency of team selection, being able to compete physically, and generally being more difficult to beat have allowed us to go on a little run that has lifted the threat of relegation. Now I want us to kick on and finish the season in the same vein, and encourage our supporters to invest in next season's  season tickets with some hope of us doing well, allowing the owners to release the funds for Fergie to tweak the positions we are not so good in.
   It looks as though we may have picked up a few injuries yesterday, so may need to bring a couple into the team, but I hope we keep changes to a minimum apart from injury, and don't start changing for changes sake.
   So, What would you do?
   Who would you bring in?
   Will Fergie change the team apart from injuries?
   Will our home crowd keep up the decent average gate numbers nearing the end of the season?
    Please feel free to have your say.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Let,s talk about the Bury game
« Reply #1 on April 15, 2018, 10:06:31 am by steve@dcfd »
I’d start Anderson if Wright is not fit, I’d keep Houghton and Whiteman together.  Play Tommy Rowe at Left back and Mason at right. Beestin and Kiwomya, Coppinger if fit enough and Marquis.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 15, 2018, 10:22:53 am by selby »
  I would go along with that Steve, I thought that Whiteman played well when he came on, but also agree with a poster on another thread that McCollough was  probably our best player in the first half, and could only see injury as the cause of him going off at the time.
  Houghton is a good defensive midfielder, but my mate has pointed out, much of his good work is limited to 20 yds each side of the halfway line, and he offers little in the attacking third, and is not blessed with great pace, which limits his game a little.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 15, 2018, 10:50:51 am by dknward2 »
Luke went off as Fergie thought he would get sent off and wanted to avoid that.

I would expect at least 3 changes no Wright due to injury as well as no Blair also to injury.

I would expect the same as Steve plus a win puts us in 10th on goal difference.

Can't wait to get back to the keepmoat missed her

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 15, 2018, 10:58:32 am by RoversAlias »
Surely Butler will start in place of Wright?

I've almost forgotten what it's like to go to a game it's been that long. Bury might feel less pressure now they are down but their manager ripped into them to the media after yesterday's damning defeat. So maybe they are broken men and we can pick them off to surge ahead into the top half.

On a miserable day in Bury earlier this season we played pretty badly and won due to them being even more inept and having a man sent off on half time. Losing Beckford to a season-ending injury didn't help them either. We struggled in the wind and rain but clearly have gotten better since then and Bury obviously haven't or else they wouldn't be where they are now.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 15, 2018, 11:40:19 am by Donnywolf »
Yes there is often a "pressure off" bounce for lots of relegated Teams but I am hoping that our form will do for Bury even with a couple of injuries and allowing for their "bounce" if there is one

Like you I cant wait - actually seeing a live Rovers game after all this time ! 3-0 for me and a good finish to the Season with a few more wins - will probably have us asking on here - what if ??

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 15, 2018, 12:38:04 pm by bedale rover »
We could play a left back for a change Tyler Garrett for one last hurrah?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 15, 2018, 12:41:35 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Might there be any chance of Andrew being ready?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 15, 2018, 01:21:31 pm by The Red Baron »
It depends who is carrying an injury I suppose. Pretty certain we won't see Blair and Wright. Butler is pretty certain to start. I don't know if Kiwomya and Copps will manage a full game and might start on the bench. Whiteman and Beestin should start and I wouldn't be surprised to see May partnering Marquis up front.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 15, 2018, 02:00:05 pm by steve@dcfd »

Might there be any chance of Andrew being ready?

No if ready he is getting 45mins in development game at Mansfield Tuesday afternoon

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 15, 2018, 03:21:27 pm by Brian Young »
We should target practice, 3 up front and fill our boots .
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 05:55:16 pm by Brian Young »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 15, 2018, 05:34:29 pm by selby »
  He may be a goner at the end of the season, but I would prefer Williams to May up  front.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 15, 2018, 05:56:40 pm by RedJ »
Really? wow, you've kept that a secret.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 15, 2018, 06:02:07 pm by selby »
  Simple , he is a better partner with Marquis.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 15, 2018, 06:02:12 pm by adamtherover »
I’d start Anderson if Wright is not fit, I’d keep Houghton and Whiteman together.  Play Tommy Rowe at Left back and Mason at right. Beestin and Kiwomya, Coppinger if fit enough and Marquis.

Rowe is wasted at left back...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 15, 2018, 06:04:55 pm by Filo »

Your probably right, but at the moment who else would you play there? Its obvious Fergie does n't fancy Garret since he got ripped a new arsehole at Scunny

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 15, 2018, 06:06:35 pm by drfchound »
I think some of us are getting ahead of ourselves.
Just because Bury are relegated doesn’t make it an easy game.
Manure had an easy game against WBA didn’t they.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 15, 2018, 06:32:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
From what DF said, it was touch and go whether Marquis played due to hamstring so its not certain he'll play on Tuesday. Similarly he may rest Rowe who also has a similar niggle. Copps is due a rest so we might see a few changes.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 15, 2018, 07:52:39 pm by scawsby steve »
Really? wow, you've kept that a secret.

Hahahaha, f*cking brill, RedJ.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 15, 2018, 10:12:53 pm by selby »
  It is getting boring, I don't even have to put any bait on the hook and the same old big ones take a bite.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 15, 2018, 10:15:58 pm by RedJ »
Aye, shit this people having an opinion that's different to your own lark, int it?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 15, 2018, 10:18:10 pm by selby »
  See what I mean?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 15, 2018, 10:36:45 pm by RedJ »
Completely different to you taking a massive chomp every time Mandeville is mentioned, eh?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 15, 2018, 10:42:48 pm by selby »
  In last weeks discussion on Kiwomya, someone said they didn't see him as a second attacker alongside Marquis, but more of a right sided midfielder.
   On Saturdays showing, I can see what the poster is getting at, he started the game off very poorly at  MK Dons, and did not touch the ball for ages after kickoff, but when moved wide right came into the game,found room to run into behind the defender, and played a large part in the build up to our first goal.
  Perhaps by default we have found his best position at the moment, where his speed can be put to use while he builds up his upper body strength.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 15, 2018, 10:46:42 pm by selby »
  You definitely like the last word RJ, or try to have it. Just a minute I will have to go, my rod is bending in two, must be another big one.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 15, 2018, 11:27:47 pm by RedJ »
Cool.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 15, 2018, 11:48:09 pm by steve@dcfd »

I know that in fact I’ve said on several occasions from the start of  the seasons we needed another left sided player. It didn’t happen so DF doesn’t rate Garrett and having seen in development games I can see why. So that’s why have said Rowe there.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 16, 2018, 09:21:57 am by wing commander »
Yes Garrett is probably going to be listed I  would think..DF has no faith in him that is obvious with his team selections..

As for Bury,i wouldn't underestimate them,they have now been relegated and the manager gave them all a pretty stinging public verbal attack after Saturdays match..Slamming the amount of fire and passion they have shown..Whilst on paper we should beat them.They might show a reaction to that and most of them know they are on there way out so need to show something to potential employers...So it wont be a walk in the park if we give them something to hang on to..

That said if we get a early goal,i think they will crumble.So a fast start is crucial..We have a lot of games coming up in a short space of time..The more games we can put to bed early and take it a bit easier the better...

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 16, 2018, 01:13:36 pm by Dutch Uncle »
If Blair and Rowe are both missing we are short of full backs, either genuine or make-do ones. Anyone know if Alcock is near fitness?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 16, 2018, 02:09:16 pm by selby »
  Dutch, I don't know what Garrett has done if he has had words with Fergie, but he has not done as much wrong in games as Alcock, be it in development or first team games, and I would play him every day before Alcock now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012