Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:32:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let,s talk about the Bury game  (Read 6203 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Let,s talk about the Bury game
« Reply #30 on April 16, 2018, 02:18:49 pm by steve@dcfd »
Selby neither is good enough for a starting or squad place so we will have to see what DF does if we are without other players. No time for accepting second best if we want to finish with good results, which ever team we are playing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 16, 2018, 03:16:08 pm by Alan Southstand »
On the other hand, as we are going into a Saturday Tuesday ongoing cycle until the season's end, what's the point in risking our most important players?

After numerous discussions on here, we all should know, by now, that we don't possess a substitute for either Marquis or Rowe. And we haven't had a ready replacement for Andrew since last September!

It's pretty obvious where our priorities are for reinforcements in the summer, however, in the here and now, we shouldn't be taking any unnecessary risks with JM or TR.

Hopefully, they have responded to treatment since Saturday and are available, but if not, they should be rested on Tuesday. If that is the case, we have a serious problem on the left side - no left back or midfield player, unless Garrett does in fact play. As for JM, we still have Williams who does give us height, at least, if not the level of intensity of JM. At full back, if Garrett isn't considered, then there is only Alcock left!

Of course, the manager could end up opting for a back 3, with 5 in midfield?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 16, 2018, 03:58:29 pm by wing commander »
   I guess it depends on how DF see's it..He might be looking at the fixtures and the amount of home games left and thinking you never know and takes the chance on going for it..

Highely unlikely I know if not bordering on the impossible but every now and then it happens to somebody..Maybe he will take that chance on Tuesday and if we don't win then taking the more conservative option going forward..
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:00:59 pm by wing commander »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 16, 2018, 04:23:59 pm by RedJ »
There's always one that gatecrashes the playoffs. May as well go for it if it's still there, especially now we're as good as safe.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 16, 2018, 04:41:04 pm by drfchound »
When he came back into the team, Alcock had performed quite well.
I would have no hesitation in playing him at all.

As for Marquis, if his hamstring is a potential issue then why not rest him tomorrow and play Williams.
AW would be a similar replacement and for me anyway, a better option than May.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 16, 2018, 04:50:46 pm by selby »
  I would like us to keep as near as possible to the side that has played over the last few weeks to the end of the season, injury allowing that is.
  Obviously that depends on form and staying free from injury, Boyle has played as a left sided defender in Ireland earlier in his career, so may be a surprise pick there if we are struggling, Andrews maybe nearer fitness than we realise, which would be a big boost for the club and himself, and I don't think Garrett has let us down when played anyway, and then you have Rowe, although he gives us more further forward.
   Ben Khemis is a possible for left sided mid field if Rowe is utilised as a wing back. Marquis would be the big miss, as we have no like for like player, although Beestin and  Kiwomya would be an interesting combination to see how it worked out, although if we kept Williams because Marquis could have left at the start of the season, we may as well get something out of the wages we have paid him, and he would be trying to impress any watching suiters.
  As I said, hopefully minimal changes from Saturday, but it could be interesting and give an indication of Fergies future  thoughts.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 16, 2018, 05:02:49 pm by drfchound »
With the number of games, is it something like 6 in 18 days, coming up I would expect some changes to the team anyway.
Knocks and fatigue will inevitably take their course.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 16, 2018, 05:54:59 pm by steve@dcfd »
Joe Wright looks out for rest season? We have cover.
Blair is fit for tomorrow.

So changes may be minimal.

Joe is the only player not available tomorrow.

Danny Andrew and some senior players are likely to be in the development game at Mansfield tomorrow afternoon.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 06:12:28 pm by steve@dcfd »

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 16, 2018, 07:11:14 pm by glosterred »
I wouldn’t be surprised if Copps was on the bench tomorrow, disappointed but not surprised.

COYR

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 17, 2018, 07:29:36 am by drfchound »
Wasn’t it six games before the end of last season when players started being unavailable for the rest of the season.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 17, 2018, 07:57:41 am by selby »
One player who has not been mentioned is Rodney, who cane on as a substitute the other week, looked like one of the few players with the skill to run with the ball and beat a man on a poor pitch, and was a real threat down the right side.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 17, 2018, 08:02:12 am by Donnywolf »
Wasn’t it six games before the end of last season when players started being unavailable for the rest of the season.

Yes qute a few because I think quite a lot of Players were "put in the shop window" or were given the opportunity to play for their places for this Season.

Unfortunately our performances slid away as did the Championship but this time round I think we will be aiming to get as high as possible and hopefully will go a strong as we can for as long as we can

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 17, 2018, 10:52:31 am by Alan Southstand »
Rodney has been, so far, the biggest disappointment wrt signings in the summer.

He looked to have something back when we played at Arsenal, but the rest of the season has only showed the odd bit of skill/determination.

Have to improve on him, massively, this summer.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 17, 2018, 01:50:36 pm by selby »
  Alan, he is a very young player, one with a lot of ability, but is not confident enough to trust that ability, and has been coached to pass and keep possession at all costs.
  We have invested a season in bringing him up to division 1 standard, which he has struggled with admitted, but I know that it maybe controversial, but he is one I would be interested in bringing back next season.
  He would not be the first young player to suddenly come to terms with mens football, and I will admit I would have made a mistake with Mason at the end of last season. I didn't think he would come on as well as he has this season at right back. Rodney looked a lot more comfortable at I think it was Gillingham when he came on.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 17, 2018, 03:02:33 pm by godlike1 »
Will there be many there tonight? good chance for a half decent crowd and atmosphere

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 18, 2018, 09:08:47 am by selby »
Like most supporters I left the ground thinking how did that happen, but was I surprised no, we are Talking of Doncaster Rovers, the only professional team, apart from Arsenal, that can give so many points away while dominating a game of football.
  Bury must think they could play us every week, and must have had all their luck for the season in one game.
  At least we didn't rescue a defeat from the game, and are still on an unbeaten run, the best of the season, so things are not that bad, but it was a very disappointing result, although the game had periods of play as good as we have played all season, and as a game quite exciting.
   Matty Blair had a shocker, do I blame him no, picking him in a position he cannot play is not his fault, and with good defenders like Baudry on the bench beggars belief, people have hit back when I suggested him being played as a right sided defender, saying a centre half cannot play full back, I wonder if anyone told Paul Madeley? one thing I am certain of Blair can't, but Fergie must think he can.
  Lets hope for a better result on Saturday, if we defend better, but play as well as we did in periods of the Bury game we should have a chance, let's hope it was a blip and we can improve our points tally.

legendslounger

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 18, 2018, 09:10:26 am by legendslounger »
it happens in football. we should have scored more we shouldn't have conceded a pen and their 3rd should have been rule offside. was a good spectacle though and the booing was totally uncalled for  :thumbdown:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 18, 2018, 09:12:52 am by bobjimwilly »
vote for your man of the match --> https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=265864.0 :scarf:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 18, 2018, 10:04:22 am by ravenrover »
listening to DF interview I don't think Blair will be right back on Saturday

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 18, 2018, 11:42:10 am by RoversAlias »
Selby, Baudry wasn't in the bench he was missing entirely therefore can't have been fit. Blair is our only real option at right back until Andrew is fit which frees Mason up to play there. We absolutely need to bring in a new full back on each side next season to avoid being in this situation again.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 18, 2018, 12:45:53 pm by selby »
  Didn't realise that RA, I thought he was a substitute thnks for that. another night we would have won at a canter but hey ho on to the next game.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012