Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:39:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FFP Whats the point?  (Read 3926 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
FFP Whats the point?
« on April 15, 2018, 06:45:45 pm by deebee »
With Wolves buying their way to the premiership knowing full well they have broken the fair play rules with an expected fine of only 3.1 million pounds based on what Leister got ) against a gain of 60 million for promotion. What is the point of the FFP, they have a backer worth 60 billion pounds it's a drop in the ocean. With 5.4 million gate receipts and 3.4 million in sponsorship, they have managed to spend 50 million on players. It beggars belief how this can be allowed to happen, the rest of us don't stand a chance.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: FFP Whats the point?
« Reply #1 on April 15, 2018, 06:48:07 pm by drfchound »
........and Bournmouth before them.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 15, 2018, 06:58:33 pm by chrisd_123 »
QPR too.

The issue is if it works at the first time of asking then you get away with it as Premier League and Football League have different regulations and governing bodies. It's similar rules but once in the PL they're hardly going to break the rules again due to the amount of revenue they're receive once they're there.

I seem to remember FL threatening QPR that if/when they were relegated they may not be allowed into the Football League. Obviously didn't stick to their guns though.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 15, 2018, 07:07:25 pm by deebee »
Exactly o what is the point?

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 15, 2018, 08:04:31 pm by rich1471 »
The FFP rule should be simple break it an get relegated, Like in most countries

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 15, 2018, 08:12:22 pm by LincsRover »
But we all know the premiership is only about money - fans of clubs & the lower leagues don’t get a second or even third thought, unless they have a rich owner! F*ck*ng obscene, the whole lot! I can’t wait for a breakaway European league or for it all to go t*ts up - stopped watching it years ago when that paragon of virtue, Sky, started controlling the whole game. Give me lower league proper football any day! RTID!!

:rtid:

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 15, 2018, 08:19:35 pm by bedale rover »
In Germany they go through the books at the end of the season and anyone who breaches them.....

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 15, 2018, 08:33:27 pm by Brian Young »
We can only envy is them , it’s beyond DRFC and many others clubs without a strong backer .

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 15, 2018, 09:07:42 pm by scawsby steve »
With Wolves buying their way to the premiership knowing full well they have broken the fair play rules with an expected fine of only 3.1 million pounds based on what Leister got ) against a gain of 60 million for promotion. What is the point of the FFP, they have a backer worth 60 billion pounds it's a drop in the ocean. With 5.4 million gate receipts and 3.4 million in sponsorship, they have managed to spend 50 million on players. It beggars belief how this can be allowed to happen, the rest of us don't stand a chance.

When you talk about a backer, Deebee, are you talking about a consortium? because no single person in the world other than Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates has got 60 billion pounds.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 15, 2018, 09:15:55 pm by RedJ »

When you talk about a backer, Deebee, are you talking about a consortium? because no single person in the world other than Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates has got 60 billion pounds.

Carlos Slim might have a few questions where some of his dosh has disappeared to then... ;)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 15, 2018, 09:20:19 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I bet we've still got 20 years to pay on the mortgage for Billy Sharp.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 15, 2018, 09:20:29 pm by scawsby steve »

Carlos Slim might have a few questions where some of his dosh has disappeared to then... ;)

I've just been looking at the Forbes 2018 list, RedJ; Carlos has dropped down to 7th.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 15, 2018, 09:42:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Bloody 'ell, that's one place below Donnywolf!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 15, 2018, 09:52:53 pm by scawsby steve »
I can always remember my granddad telling me about Toll Bar raggy-arse Wanderers. Apparently their record transfer fee for a player was half a crown and 10 woodbines. Was that player you, BB?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 05:53:23 pm by scawsby steve »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 15, 2018, 10:04:44 pm by Bentley Bullet »
No mate! They once offered 3 camels for me, if they'd  had made it full packet I'd have gone.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 16, 2018, 08:40:25 am by deebee »
They are backed by Chinese muti-billionaires Fosun. Worth 60 Billion.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 16, 2018, 09:45:08 am by ctay »
I heard something on talksport about Wolves last week, apparently a club can lose £39m over 3 years, which Wolves stand to lose £37m this year so they are not breaking any rules technically. If they hadn't got promoted though they would have. This time the gamble has paid off. Wouldn't like to see us do it that way though.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 16, 2018, 09:56:19 am by Donnywolf »
So if they are not breaking any Rules - should the word "technically" appear at the end of first sentence ? If it should not that would answer the OP's question !

Its like the Commentators who say " wow the Keeper just about kept that out" to which I predictably shout "no - he actually DID keep it out"

Anyway COYW and I will be down to my Dads place of rest with the Old Gold Flowers later !
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:25:31 am by Donnywolf »

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 16, 2018, 04:21:41 pm by deebee »
Don't know how they work that out they have spent 350. million on players just this season never mind the wages and the rest.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 16, 2018, 04:48:19 pm by Donnywolf »
Don't know how they work that out they have spent 350. million on players just this season never mind the wages and the rest.

Hi Deebee

This is the Wolves Transfer dealings for 2017/18 both in and out. They have spent about 24.6 Million and got back about 6.3 making a total of only 18.3 million "spent"

However there is the strange figure in there as well showing Total Market Arrivals of £63 Million with Total Market Departures coming to almost £27 Million

I only make that a difference of  £36 Million using the larger of the two figures - but find it strange that "somebody" puts a figure on the heads of those who arrive and depart on Frees and Loans

https://www.transfermarkt.com/wolverhampton-wanderers/transfers/verein/543
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:55:59 pm by Donnywolf »

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 16, 2018, 06:35:38 pm by deebee »
Does that include wages though?

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 16, 2018, 06:44:14 pm by deebee »
See what they have done the 6.3 is players sold all the others are out on loan so are still Wolves players but they have added their value into the equation. Surely this should not be allowed. There are also a number of ? .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 16, 2018, 07:10:19 pm by silent majority »
Wolves registered a loss of about £23m last season and are expecting a bit more this season, probably in excess of £30m. But FFP is measured over a 3 year period in the Championship (much like the EPL) which gives them time to adjust the finances.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 17, 2018, 09:22:32 am by deebee »
Or fiddle the books you mean.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 17, 2018, 09:36:21 am by GazLaz »
Debt is only relevant if the person you owe the money to wants it back.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 17, 2018, 10:24:38 am by silent majority »
Or fiddle the books you mean.

No I don't mean that at all. They can lose all the money in the first year if they wish and then rebalance the losses so that they stay within the acceptable losses over the 3 year period. Its been that way in the EPL for a while, the Championship has just stepped into line.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 17, 2018, 11:48:32 am by deebee »
So they will use the money they get from the premier to balance the books. Like my opening post they bought their way in. Nice gamble if it pays off.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 17, 2018, 12:11:53 pm by idler »
Didn't rthe Glazers do something similar to buy Man U. They took them from being in credit to hundreds of millions in debt in no time if I remember right.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 17, 2018, 12:52:17 pm by silent majority »
So they will use the money they get from the premier to balance the books. Like my opening post they bought their way in. Nice gamble if it pays off.

They're operating within the rules. But if they have as much money as you say they do then they don't really need the millions from the EPL to balance the books. FFP isn't about creating a level playing field, it never has been.

But to answer your original question, i.e. FFP whats the point?, then the point is this. Between the year 2000 and 2013 40 football cubs went into administration, some even achieved it twice in that time period. Portsmouth being the only EPL club to do so in 2013. Since then, 5 years down the line, how many clubs has this happened to??

There's your answer.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 12:54:22 pm by silent majority »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 17, 2018, 03:36:23 pm by Donnywolf »
Come on you Wolves is all I can manage at this stage of the discussion

TinyPortal © 2005-2012