Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:26:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well how did we throw 2 points away?  (Read 10050 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Well how did we throw 2 points away?
« on April 17, 2018, 09:47:45 pm by Filo »
Bury were shit, who put the ryphonol in the half time tea?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Well how did we throw 2 points away?
« Reply #1 on April 17, 2018, 10:07:53 pm by roversdude »
Don’t know but Kiwomya must have had his and all dregs that others left
Bury were never in that game

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 17, 2018, 10:13:18 pm by glosterred »
2 nil and we f**ked it up..... cruising at 2 nil, after Masons OG there was only one team in it!

COYR

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 17, 2018, 10:17:01 pm by the vicar »
Simple 1 penalty from a tackle that should of never been made 2 a stupid own goal and 3 a terrible officials not giving a blatant off side

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 17, 2018, 10:28:32 pm by steve@dcfd »
As well as that Tommy Rowe missed 5 chances straight at the keeper. Without two defenders headers and John Marquis we had nothing in front of goal. The attacking midfield players of Coppinger, Beestin, Rowe and Kiwomya have no idea how to score.
Matty Blair had the worse game I’ve seen him play and should not have got on the wrong side of the player.

The players apart from John Marquis and thre defenders showed no killer instinct either going forward or tackling back.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 17, 2018, 10:36:19 pm by Filo »
The problem was we had so much dominance in the first 35mins they players were starting to think they were Barcelona

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 17, 2018, 10:39:18 pm by RedJ »
Was their third goal offside?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 17, 2018, 10:39:26 pm by mushRTID »
I know it sounds ridiculous but the first half was too easy until the own goal. We were never in danger.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 17, 2018, 10:43:20 pm by eastender »
I know it sounds ridiculous but the first half was too easy until the own goal. We were never in danger.
It was 2-2 and they hadn't even  had  a shot at goal.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 17, 2018, 10:46:29 pm by Filo »

Yes, without a doubt

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 17, 2018, 10:47:27 pm by rtid88 »

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 17, 2018, 10:48:27 pm by rtid88 »
Well offside!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 17, 2018, 10:57:44 pm by RedJ »
I could see that he was a f**king mile offside from the top of the South Stand so how the f**k that cretinous bas**rd running the line missed it is well above my head.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 17, 2018, 11:01:58 pm by Not Now Kato »
I could see that he was a f**king mile offside from the top of the South Stand so how the f**k that cretinous bas**rd running the line missed it is well above my head.

Look at the picture above.  If the linesman was in line with play he'd be in the shot, and would see it was offside - he isn't, he was so far behind play it was criminal!

How do these pathetic officials justify being in a job they clearly can't do?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 17, 2018, 11:04:29 pm by Filo »

Look at the picture above.  If the linesman was in line with play he'd be in the shot, and would see it was offside - he isn't, he was so far behind play it was criminal!

How do these pathetic officials justify being in a job they clearly can't do?

He must have been taken by surprise, Bury being in the opposition half, a bit like their fans with the first goal, it took em 20 seconds to realise they had scored

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 17, 2018, 11:11:36 pm by nortikorner »
Because we do not control the midfield ,midfield are dropping back to defend then we get over run and the distants is to much to link with the forwards

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 17, 2018, 11:29:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Without doubt. Our defenders are not at fault it all stems from midfield and a winger who's being asked to defend when it's not his speciality.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 17, 2018, 11:36:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I have to agree with some of the comments here. Apart from the three goals and hitting the post and having a header tipped over the bar and the 5 shots from 12 yards out that went straight at the keeper who would have had no chance if they’d been a yard either side of him, we never looked like creating a chance.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 17, 2018, 11:42:38 pm by steve@dcfd »
Because we do not control the midfield ,midfield are dropping back to defend then we get over run and the distants is to much to link with the forwards

You are right, but when we do link with attacking midfielders they think they can walk it past the opposition and when they do, they have got no idea how to score. Yes we conceeded 3 goals, 1 was offside, 1 Matty got the wrong side of the left midfield player and brought him down.

We should yet again have scored more goals. It’s not all down to John Marquis to drive this team forward. The two most experienced players were not good enough today in front of goal. How are the two young players suppose to learn, we need better next season if we are to progress.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 17, 2018, 11:51:22 pm by pib »
Looked like some complacency crept in to me. We were cruising and then the OG buoyed them. Very sloppy from then onwards.

Might have missed it but where was Baudry tonight? Seems to be quite a strong connection to him playing and Rovers doing well.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 18, 2018, 12:00:16 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm sorry but despite all the chances we created, this result doesn't fall into the bad luck category. There's something more fundamental than that as when our wheels fall off, they fall off big time. We play some good football at times but as soon as there's a set back, we don't seem to be able to recover sufficiently and resume doing the good things. This has cost us a lot points this season. You can accept it, if it's part of the learning curve but there's little sign that much has been done to resolve it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 18, 2018, 12:11:55 am by dickos1 »
plenty of times this season we’ve fell behind and come back to gain a point or win the game only 3 days ago we did, plenty of times we’ve been poor in the first half and very good in the 2nd.
So not sure what you want them to do to show signs they’re resolving an issue that I don’t even see exists

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 18, 2018, 12:30:40 am by Brian Young »
This game was typical of others through out the season where lack of discipline and concentration were to  blame for poor results . Like the end of last season where good results could have brought a bonus , we find another way to fail and disappoint. Either DF installs the much needed Professionalism  for next season or we will continue to disappoint the fans and fail again.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 18, 2018, 12:40:08 am by The Red Baron »

Blatantly so. The lino was well behind play and seemed not to take into account that Marosi was in front of the player who put the ball into the net.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 18, 2018, 06:40:47 am by dickos1 »
This game was typical of others through out the season where lack of discipline and concentration were to  blame for poor results . Like the end of last season where good results could have brought a bonus , we find another way to fail and disappoint. Either DF installs the much needed Professionalism  for next season or we will continue to disappoint the fans and fail again.

Look at the form we’re in you shouldn’t be disappointed and they aren’t failing

legendslounger

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 18, 2018, 09:11:23 am by legendslounger »
its ok weve still got blackburn and wigan to play so easy 6 points there  :thumbsup:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 18, 2018, 09:21:58 am by GazLaz »
Their third goal came from us giving away possession too easily in the middle of the park.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 18, 2018, 11:18:25 am by donnievic »
Simple 1 penalty from a tackle that should of never been made 2 a stupid own goal and 3 a terrible officials not giving a
wasnt offside

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 18, 2018, 11:19:04 am by donnievic »

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 18, 2018, 11:23:16 am by Rovers Return »
Miles off! I was in line behind the linno

TinyPortal © 2005-2012