Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:28:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well how did we throw 2 points away?  (Read 9977 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Well how did we throw 2 points away?
« Reply #30 on April 18, 2018, 11:29:44 am by Filo »
Simple 1 penalty from a tackle that should of never been made 2 a stupid own goal and 3 a terrible officials not giving a
wasnt offside

Were you the lino by any chance?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 18, 2018, 11:37:17 am by donnievic »
No seen reply though

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 18, 2018, 12:41:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It was 2 yards offside.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 18, 2018, 12:50:56 pm by Filo »

In that still shot the goalscorer is in front of the player with the ball, and at best level with Marosi, to be onside another Rovers player needed to be at least level with Marosi. The nearest defender to that is slightly behind the player with the ball, it's offside by about 3 yards, it's as clear as day

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 18, 2018, 12:56:04 pm by silent majority »
Miles off! I was in line behind the linno

I was in the same part of the stadium, he was at least 3 yards offside.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 18, 2018, 02:18:21 pm by drfchound »
Anyone who thinks that the scored of the third goal wasn’t offside doesn’t know the offside rule.
From my seat in the South Stand my first reaction was offside.
Even the player who scored had two looks across to the linesman to see if he had got away with it.

However, even taking that into consideration, we should not have dropped points last night.
Bury are a very poor team and we were saying that the only way they would get anything from the game would be if we gave them something.
Mason was unlucky, if he hadn’t headed the ball then their 19 would have scored.
Blair seemed unaware that the player he eventually tripped was making the run behind him, maybe because he isn’t a natural RB.

Still, another game and another point.
Nine draws now in the last eighteen league games.
Are we in form?
Results are mediocre really
Yes only three defeats in 18 but also only 6 wins.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 18, 2018, 02:30:22 pm by Filo »
Anyone who thinks that the scored of the third goal wasn’t offside doesn’t know the offside rule.
Even the player who scored had two looks across to the linesman to see if he had got away with it.

However, even taking that into consideration, we should not have dropped points last night.
Bury are a very poor team and we were saying that the only way they would get anything from the game would be if we gave them something.
Mason was unlucky, if he hadn’t headed the ball then their 19 would have scored.
Blair seemed unaware that the player he eventually tripped was making the run behind him, maybe because he isn’t a natural RB.

Are we in form?

Watch the highlights, Blair knew he was there, he had a look just before the ball was played

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 18, 2018, 02:32:00 pm by drfchound »
I haven’t had the chance to see the highlights yet mate but if that is the case he should have done better IMO.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 18, 2018, 02:33:48 pm by ravenrover »
come off it Hound, you were sat in the South and thought he was offside in front of the North? I sit in the West and was in 2 minds but my gut instinct was offside, I even watched the highlights in slow mo and to me it confirmed he was offside but not by as much as some including DF seem to think.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 18, 2018, 02:39:53 pm by Filo »
come off it Hound, you were sat in the South and thought he was offside in front of the North? I sit in the West and was in 2 minds but my gut instinct was offside, I even watched the highlights in slow mo and to me it confirmed he was offside but not by as much as some including DF seem to think.
he was 2-3 yards offside, theres only Marosi in front of him and he was in front of the ball when it was played, to be onside he had to be a) behind the ball when played or b) another defender had to be in front of him

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 18, 2018, 02:44:09 pm by ravenrover »
are you basing that on your view last night or after watching the highlights, try watching the highlights in slow mo he was probably a yard off when the ball was played

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 18, 2018, 02:48:21 pm by Filo »
are you basing that on your view last night or after watching the highlights, try watching the highlights in slow mo he was probably a yard off when the ball was played

I'm basing that on a still picture of the highlights posted on here, I was in no postition in the ground to tell for sure, but my immediate reaction was it was offside, confirmed by the replay of the goal on the big screen, whic I was surprised they showed given that they don't normally replay contentious decisions

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 18, 2018, 02:50:16 pm by drfchound »

As god is my witness, I called it as offside.
It was so blatant.
No even, was it or wasn’t it.
It should have been the easiest decision of the night for the officials.
The scorer even looked across to the Lino twice to see whether he had got away with it.

I have now looked at the highlights and it is probably two yards offside.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 18, 2018, 02:55:50 pm by Filo »

As god is my witness, I called it as offside.
It was so blatant.
No even, was it or wasn’t it.
It should have been the easiest decision of the night for the officials.
The scorer even looked across to the Lino twice to see whether he had got away with it.

I have now looked at the highlights and it is probably two yards offside.

Did you notice Blair look to see where his man was?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 18, 2018, 05:21:54 pm by donnievic »

In that still shot the goalscorer is in front of the player with the ball, and at best level with Marosi, to be onside another Rovers player needed to be at least level with Marosi. The nearest defender to that is slightly behind the player with the ball, it's offside by about 3 yards, it's as clear as day
well to me the goal scorer looks to be behind or at worst level with the one who had the ball

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 18, 2018, 05:46:10 pm by RedJ »
You and the assistant referee are the only people who think so.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 18, 2018, 05:47:32 pm by RoversAlias »
The ball was definitely played forward and Miller was ahead of Ismail when it was played, that's not even in doubt to me. Seems a clear offside that the linesman has missed due to his failure to keep up with play.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 18, 2018, 05:52:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There's no doubt it was offside but it was more marginal than it seemed at the time and if the assistant is behind play then he wouldn't have got the same angle. That said, I was more upset about the build up which allowed them a free run on goal.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 18, 2018, 06:22:49 pm by Superspy »
So here's a clearer picture of the exact moment the ball was played (screenshotted youtube at 0.25 speed).

We're fortunate with this view that one of the Rugby (American Football?) lines runs straight across the 12 yard mark and you can clearly see the following:

- The original shooter is on the line
- Butler is about a yard behind the line
- The scorer is about a yard in front of the line

Offside all day long.

For what it's worth, I also think the penalty was a dive having viewed the video in slow-mo a couple of times, but Blair was naive to stick his foot out in the first place. Made it easy for their guy to fall over.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 18, 2018, 06:31:15 pm by Donnywolf »
Absolutely totally irrevocably OFF-SIDE

No question - should have been disallowed.

Perhaps our Players should have done a mass protest as other Teams seem to do thus making the (alleged) Ref at least question the (alleged) Lino and they may have decided something different

One of our Players did show or try to show the Ref the replay but he cose to bottle that as well. He is a Muppet and when you look back on Rate the Ref at his performances they are always questionable in quality but I have to accept it was the Lino (or alleged Lino) that chose not to Flag in the first place

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 18, 2018, 06:42:01 pm by RedJ »
Even if the ref did look at the replay he isn't allowed to use that as proof even if it does prove it. Roy Carroll did that to us for Notts County and it was wrong then too.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 18, 2018, 07:05:04 pm by donnievic »
So here's a clearer picture of the exact moment the ball was played (screenshotted youtube at 0.25 speed).

We're fortunate with this view that one of the Rugby (American Football?) lines runs straight across the 12 yard mark and you can clearly see the following:

Offside all day long.

For what it's worth, I also think the penalty was a dive having viewed the video in slow-mo a couple of times, but Blair was naive to stick his foot out in the first place. Made it easy for their guy to fall over.
see to me both there players look level ahead of the so called line or the scorer and the ball and butler on it

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 18, 2018, 07:10:53 pm by RedJ »
Mate you need your eyes looking at. And "so called" line? the line clearly exists, so I'm not sure why it's only a "so called" line.

Christ alone knows how you can possibly think he's level there.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 18, 2018, 07:13:47 pm by Filo »

Offside all day long.

see to me both there players look level ahead of the so called line or the scorer and the ball and butler on it

You need to make an appointment at the opticians mate

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 18, 2018, 08:12:46 pm by dickos1 »

Are we in form?

We are 3rd in the form table only behind Blackburn and Wigan, so yes of course we’re in form!

The figures you’ve pointed out show 27 points from 18 games but you’re using them to show we’re not in form??

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 18, 2018, 08:31:21 pm by Superspy »
Lord above donnievic, I can't really say more than the last couple of guys have, but here's the video for yourself. It's been set to play from the right point, all you have to do is hit the cog in the bottom right and slow the speed down to 0.25. It's plain as day that Butler is a good yard short of the "so called" (what?) line when the ball is first played.

https://youtu.be/snDVrOYWvZ0?t=87

Just to highlight dickos point even further. Those 27 from 18 over a season work out at 69 points if my calculator is working properly....how good do we have to be to be classed as in form?!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 18, 2018, 09:56:40 pm by Chris Black come back »
Very interesting to see if we can beat Dickov this season.

His last full season with us was 14/15 in League One.

He finished 46 games with 61 points.

We are currently 41 games and 54 points.

Seven points to equal Dickov and eight to beat him.  Game on!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on April 18, 2018, 10:35:51 pm by dickos1 »
Not really a game as dickovs side had just come from the championship and this one has just come from league 2.
It would be interesting to know how we finished after our last promotion from league 2 though under Penney.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 19, 2018, 01:43:42 am by RoversAlias »
We did very well that season, finishing 10th on 66 points with 16 wins, 18 draws and only 12 defeats. Directly below two sides now in the top flight - Bournemouth and Huddersfield - and only 5 points shy of the last play off place occupied by Hartlepool who, from what I remember, came agonisingly close to winning the final against Wednesday.

Interestingly the Top 10 scorers included three future Rovers. Stuart Elliott came joint 1st for Hull alongside Dean Windass, Steve Brooker was 7th and James Hayter was joint 9th along with Steve MacLean and the not-quite-ever-a-Rover Luke Beckett.

So we'll do very well to match that points tally but it looks like a similar season from position to our W-D-L record.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 19, 2018, 05:44:01 am by donnievic »
Lord above donnievic, I can't really say more than the last couple of guys have, but here's the video for yourself. It's been set to play from the right point, all you have to do is hit the cog in the bottom right and slow the speed down to 0.25. It's plain as day that Butler is a good yard short of the "so called" (what?) line when the ball is first played.

https://youtu.be/snDVrOYWvZ0?t=87

where butler is doesn’t even come into it as I just think the scorer is not in front of the ball when it’s played,if you think he is that’s fine it’s all about opinions but as for other who say he is yards offside are way out.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 06:22:16 am by donnievic »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012