Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:52:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: In a word...  (Read 9594 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: In a word...
« Reply #30 on April 17, 2018, 10:58:25 pm by Filo »
Their 3rd goal. The scorer was so far offside I thought there must be some mitigating circumstances. But just watching the highlights now...how in the name of God’s gonads did the officials not see that?

I was f**king livid. Screamed myself hoarse over that. I've seen some inept officiating in my time but f**k me that was criminal.

Not even close, not even debatable!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 17, 2018, 10:59:12 pm by Cantley Rover »
Yes Groundhog Day, another game and another game we don’t lose. Bloody rubbish Ferguson
So we should be celebrating that we have just scraped a draw against the bottom of the table with 16 points difference to the 5th from bottom team then eh?

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 17, 2018, 11:04:11 pm by eastender »
When will DF realise Blair is useless as a RB. If he plays  him there again then he wants sacking.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 17, 2018, 11:13:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just listened to DFs post match interview and he called it right in summarising the game conceding that we lost our composure, concentration and discipline after the own goal and stopped doing what he wanted them to do.

The alarming thing though is when he was asked why, he said he didn't know. If he doesn't know and can't address it at half time or get sufficient instruction out there during play, then I'm concerned about the future and not surprised it keeps happening.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 17, 2018, 11:16:44 pm by Alan Southstand »
Fill, you can criticise the Lino as much as you like, but there were far worse from some of our players tonight.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 17, 2018, 11:50:13 pm by RoversAlias »
Many posts in this thread are a right joke. People who won't ever be happy unless we win every game.

A very strange one tonight, and yes we gifted them a way back into the game but we played very well in the first half and once again showed we can respond to setbacks by getting a quick equaliser after going behind (to what appeared to be a very offside goal).

We've still only lost 3 games in god knows how many now, and are what, 6 unbeaten now? We're still climbing the table and are almost in the top half. People need to chill out.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 17, 2018, 11:58:40 pm by dickos1 »
Yes Groundhog Day, another game and another game we don’t lose. Bloody rubbish Ferguson
So we should be celebrating that we have just scraped a draw against the bottom of the table with 16 points difference to the 5th from bottom team then eh?

If you’re still moaning after the run of form we’re currently in then you need to do something else with your Saturday afternoons cause you’re never gonna be happy.
We’ve lost something like two games in 16 and yet we’ve still people on here moaning.
Yes we drew, yes it’s not a great result but do you think we should win every game and if we don’t youll come on here and moan.

We’re 13th in the table, a position most on here said they’d be over the moon with only a few months back, enjoy it rather than looking for every possible opportunity to moan

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 18, 2018, 12:01:02 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Just listened to DFs post match interview and he called it right in summarising the game conceding that we lost our composure, concentration and discipline after the own goal and stopped doing what he wanted them to do.

The alarming thing though is when he was asked why, he said he didn't know. If he doesn't know and can't address it at half time or get sufficient instruction out there during play, then I'm concerned about the future and not surprised it keeps happening.

And maybe he's trying to understand it. Not having a knee jerk reaction, or coming up with some shallow bullshite is a good thing.

He learns, and some things he'll find difficult to learn, some things may take time to learn. That's a bit like you or me, or anyone bar the lazy shites who don't give a toss or are too stubborn and stuck to realise they need to learn at all.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 18, 2018, 12:37:26 am by The Red Baron »
When will DF realise Blair is useless as a RB. If he plays  him there again then he wants sacking.

The full-back business is the elephant in the room as far as Ferguson is concerned. The solution is pretty simple short-term- play Mason RB and Rowe LB for the rest of the season. Not ideal but better than what we had tonight.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 18, 2018, 02:41:25 am by scawsby steve »
You get strange games at this time of the season. Dead rubbers with some players putting in 5/10% less than normal. Who’s bothered.

People who've paid to watch it.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 18, 2018, 05:39:15 am by roversdude »
I thought some of our football was brilliant last night but very patchy
Tommy Rowe’s footwork should have been rewarded with goals it was like the ball was stuck to his foot, unfortunately the glue made this then stick to their keeper.
Copps looked tired and had little influence on the dame.
Boyle looked as though he was in slow motion but was obviously deceptive as he got to everything
Matty Blair looked gutted when he was subbed hope it doesn’t knock him back
Thought Whiteman had a really good game
Mason looked really good last night - we saw loads of him in West Stand with change in position
How Marquis didn’t get MOM I will never know
Quick comment on officials - thought until they were having a decent game until the ref let Bury’s 43 get away with assault on Marquis (43 looked like he was shiteing himself when JM came back on)
Great to see Butler back btw
Kiwomya was only going to break sweat with all his jumpers on. The lad needs to benefit from a proper pre season and a good dose of enthusiasm from Marquis
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 05:43:48 am by roversdude »

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 18, 2018, 06:29:39 am by Cantley Rover »

If you’re still moaning after the run of form we’re currently in then you need to do something else with your Saturday afternoons cause you’re never gonna be happy.
We’ve lost something like two games in 16 and yet we’ve still people on here moaning.
Yes we drew, yes it’s not a great result but do you think we should win every game and if we don’t youll come on here and moan.

We’re 13th in the table, a position most on here said they’d be over the moon with only a few months back, enjoy it rather than looking for every possible opportunity to moan

You realty do make me laugh at times. You are one happy clapper who can never see any faults. Some people travel long distances and pay good money to watch  Rovers play. They expect to see 90 minutes of effort. When was the last time we saw that? Last night as good as we were in the first half we were awful in the second half. Saturday at MK it was the other way round. A football match lasts 90 minutes but we only seem to be able to concentrate for half of it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 18, 2018, 06:43:10 am by dickos1 »
I ain’t no happy clapper, I’m just not miserable and sat waiting for the first poor result in a long time so I can come and moan.
We’re not going to play well for 90 minutes are we, we’re a midtable side, a fact most people said they’d be delighted with this season.
So if you’re happy being midtable then you have to accept that a midtable side is going to not play well for 90 mins every game.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:51:57 am by dickos1 »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 18, 2018, 06:55:10 am by dickos1 »
We are currently 3rd in the form table behind only Wigan and Blackburn if we’d won last night we’d be joint top.

Yet reading this forum you’d think we hadn’t won in 6 games

Sums up some of our negative fans

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 18, 2018, 07:14:41 am by Donnywolf »
I wouldn’t say we showed them too much respect. Quite the opposite, I thought we got complacent after going 2-0 up. Some poor lapses of concentration.

For all the frustrating factors, I thought Marquis was absolutely outstanding. Phenomenal work rate. Kiwomya should watch him closely and try to emulate it as it was almost cruel to see Marquis still having to chase absolutely everything down even after we’d brought fresh legs on.

Post of the Thread for me - agree 100%

Marquis was MOTM for me as he ran himself into the ground  - largely unsupported and had try to motivate others to assist

Anyway I wont try to add to this Post as it does exactly what it says on the tin

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 18, 2018, 07:27:54 am by Jimmydee »
I assumed that the boo's at full time were aimed at the ref.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 18, 2018, 07:43:27 am by bobbymax »
Their 3rd goal. The scorer was so far offside I thought there must be some mitigating circumstances. But just watching the highlights now...how in the name of God’s gonads did the officials not see that?

I was f**king livid. Screamed myself hoarse over that. I've seen some inept officiating in my time but f**k me that was criminal.
I was at the top of the south stand and said straight away it's alright he's offside. Then the silly sod with the flag starts running back to the halfway line. That was a non-decision that would have caused uproar in a Sunday League match let alone a professional game!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 18, 2018, 08:23:45 am by Donnywolf »
I assumed that the boo's at full time were aimed at the ref.

Me too - what can we expect when its Boyeson though (look him up on Rate the Ref). The Lino should have given it though so he takes a lot of the blame.

There were lots of boos around me by Players Tunnel but most of the people applauded the Players off - I was so p****d off I could not be bothered to "gesture" at the Officials because it was Boyeson !

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 18, 2018, 08:29:00 am by NickDRFC »
On Sunday Manchester United (2nd) lost (LOST) at home to WBA (20th) - 18 places between them. We drew at home to a side 10 places below us, after a very good recent run of results.

It’s football. Sometimes results you don’t expect happen. Even more so at this point of the season. Is it really worth tearing your hair out over?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 18, 2018, 08:43:03 am by Filo »
No its not worth tearing your hair out, but for 35 minutes Bury were chasing shadows, they looked the most disinterested team we've seen all season, no one seemed to be bothered they got a goal because everyone, including me thought we'd go on to win at a canter. If we had upped the tempo slightly we'd have been out of sight at halftime, instead we came out second half and sat back, we were that far back at times the midfield were treading on the defenders toes

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 18, 2018, 08:52:46 am by Move DRFC »
You get strange games at this time of the season. Dead rubbers with some players putting in 5/10% less than normal. Who’s bothered.

This!

People really need to get a grip, we scored 3 and got a point in an end of season nothing game.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 18, 2018, 09:18:18 am by GazLaz »
It’s not miles offside. May have been judged to have been behind the passer when the balls played which would make him onside. Looks just off to me though. 

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 18, 2018, 09:49:35 am by Michael Shaw »
Fans are entitled to be miffed and express their opinions. We had the home advantage against the worst team (by far) in the league and we couldn't even beat them. By definition that implies we are no better than Bury. Everyone expected a win against what is a poor quality side. True, it doesn't mean we are now going down, but this team consistently shows it's lack of interest at the end of the season. If we were in the play-offs there is no way will we win promotion until Fergie gets to grips with the players' attitude.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 18, 2018, 09:58:54 am by GazLaz »
Fans are entitled to be miffed and express their opinions. We had the home advantage against the worst team (by far) in the league and we couldn't even beat them. By definition that implies we are no better than Bury. Everyone expected a win against what is a poor quality side. True, it doesn't mean we are now going down, but this team consistently shows it's lack of interest at the end of the season. If we were in the play-offs there is no way will we win promotion until Fergie gets to grips with the players' attitude.

It doesn’t imply we are no better than Bury at all. You can’t judge anything on one game.

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 18, 2018, 10:14:16 am by BigKeif »
Opinions are like a**eholes, we all have one.

Now, I’m not saying anyone on either side of the arguments are right but everyone raises good points on specific things and I’m sure games like last night will give Fergie an idea on who is good enough and who isn’t next season.

Least we didn’t lose and look unlikely if relegation now, so let’s get behind the team these last few games and see what happens.

:scarf:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 18, 2018, 10:21:45 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Gaz

He was WELL offside. Look at the rugby line marking. The player shooting is clearly behind that line. The goal scorer is clearly in front of it. It was a shockingly bad decision.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 18, 2018, 10:30:52 am by rtid88 »
No its not worth tearing your hair out, but for 35 minutes Bury were chasing shadows, they looked the most disinterested team we've seen all season, no one seemed to be bothered they got a goal because everyone, including me thought we'd go on to win at a canter. If we had upped the tempo slightly we'd have been out of sight at halftime, instead we came out second half and sat back, we were that far back at times the midfield were treading on the defenders toes
I don't think we came back out at half time and sat back I think Bury were clearly buoyed up after the own goal and came out and really played at a much higher tempo and didnt enable us to continue to pass around them like it was a training ground exercise as we did in the first half. As we know this team doesn't like pressure applied to them by the opposition as it stops us playing the passing game which Fergie wants and so the players panicked and this led to the penalty and the 3rd goal.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on April 18, 2018, 10:30:52 am by dickos1 »

We must be a better side than Blackburn then.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 18, 2018, 10:34:20 am by dickos1 »

What a lot of nonsense, the side is showing a lack of interest at the end of the season? Outside of the top two we are the side top of the form table.
Unbelievable

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 18, 2018, 10:38:57 am by keith79 »
Great result last night. How we managed to go 2-0 and get a 3-3 draw. Top stuff Ferguson. 🤔

TinyPortal © 2005-2012