Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:38:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: In a word...  (Read 9629 times)

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
Re: In a word...
« Reply #60 on April 18, 2018, 11:18:58 am by Rovers Return »
It’s not miles offside. May have been judged to have been behind the passer when the balls played which would make him onside. Looks just off to me though. 

I was directly in line in the East Stand. A few minutes earlier the linesman allowed a clear offside that was played out to the Bury left. He wasn't up with play and all those around me berated him ferociously. He shook his head a couple of times but knew he was behind play and no where near. A few minutes later they got the breakaway and as the Bury player went to cross it we all all shouted he's offside. It was as clear as day! If you watched the ref he took an eternity to walk back to the centre and kept looking at the linesman. I got the impression the ref was saying 'Are you sure'. I think the ref had his doubts. The players were protesting and we were all up in arms behind the linno. He just kept shaking his head and ran back to the middle. For the rest of the game he was dying to give an offside and when he did flag the Bury player was in line at worst.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 11:21:14 am by Rovers Return »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 18, 2018, 12:28:48 pm by Cantley Rover »
I ain’t no happy clapper, I’m just not miserable and sat waiting for the first poor result in a long time so I can come and moan.
We’re not going to play well for 90 minutes are we, we’re a midtable side, a fact most people said they’d be delighted with this season.
So if you’re happy being midtable then you have to accept that a midtable side is going to not play well for 90 mins every game.

Why do you think that fans are just waiting for poor results so they can have a moan? We are all fans of DRFC but some can see faults and are quite entitled to air their opinions on the forum. Nobody expects us to perform for the full 90 minutes every game. If we did then we would be at the top of the table or play offs at worst.
How many games however have we played really well for 45 minutes and the polar opposite for the other 45 minutes? Too many.
I bet if you went into the Belle Vue bar and paid for a pint but they served you a half you would still be happy. Thats the equivalent of what fans are experiencing on the pitch.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 18, 2018, 12:40:08 pm by dickos1 »
What did you expect from this season?
Majority on here wanted midtable
We’ve got it and people are still moaning,

Of course certain fans are waiting for a defeat or a poor performance so they can moan that’s why we haven’t heard from them for such a long time and then a disappointing result last night and they pop up again

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 18, 2018, 01:25:10 pm by Cantley Rover »
Ridiculous comment. Nobody wants to see us play poorly or get beaten. I think it is more a case of you can't wait for a defeat to pontificate about fans who have the cheek to be upset after a poor display.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 18, 2018, 02:06:31 pm by godlike1 »
For me, I simply cannot remember when I last enjoyed watching rovers under DF. Yes we can play possession football, but there is no real excitement, guile or passion from the team as a whole. You get it from individuals but not the whole team.

Is that an age thing? possibly?

I do think that DF has had far less funds for transfers compared to his predecessors as well.

However I just find his style of football quite...................boring and slow.

Am I on my own with this? I cant believe I am

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 18, 2018, 02:18:47 pm by Copps is Magic »
Depends on your perspective really. From one perspective I can definitely see how you could described yesterday's game as 'entertaining'. Some of the football wasn't boring last season, we scored goals for fun. If you want tedious football go back to the Dickov era. That was drudgery.

Our problem is really too many sitting midfielders playing sideways and a lack of dynamism in attacking midfield.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 18, 2018, 02:28:40 pm by ravenrover »
the 1st time we went full tilt at them ended up with a great move and a lovely goal from Marquis. Last season we put an early press on defences and again resulted in some lovely football, not necessarily goals. This season we seem to have looked to be sitting back and trying to hit teams on the break I wonder what has changed in Fergies mind about how we play this season?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 18, 2018, 02:32:17 pm by RedJ »
I'd imagine trying to stop the team leaking goals. It did work to an extent but it's so f**king predictable going forward. Pedestrian stuff that can easily be sussed.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on April 18, 2018, 02:32:46 pm by Filo »
the 1st time we went full tilt at them ended up with a great move and a lovely goal from Marquis. Last season we put an early press on defences and again resulted in some lovely football, not necessarily goals. This season we seem to have looked to be sitting back and trying to hit teams on the break I wonder what has changed in Fergies mind about how we play this season?

The trouble is when you hit teams on the break you have to have runners breaking out, last night, especially in the second half no ine did that

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on April 18, 2018, 02:40:13 pm by ravenrover »
Agreed

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 18, 2018, 03:25:12 pm by Alan Southstand »
And I thought that is exactly what Kiwomya would give us - that springboard from defence to attack aka McIndoe-like. On the evidence of last night, there is not much hope of that happening anytime soon.

I think we have several problems in our team that have not and will not be resolved until the summer:

1. No partner for Marquis. Absolute must find if we are to hang on to the best striker we have had for quite a few seasons.

2. The full back situation. As soon as Andrew got crocked we should have been out with the shopping trolley - but just when we could/should have got one, we lost 3 centre backs!

3. The midfield. Not balanced - and has been average, at best, as a unit all season. An ageing Copps, 3 players all wanting to play the same defensive position and not one suitable wide man who can get round the back of defences. Add to that, an inconsistent Tommy Rowe (this season) and a disappointing loanee in Kongolo.

All the above need a good look at in the summer or yet another misfiring season beckons.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 18, 2018, 04:26:15 pm by dickos1 »
Ridiculous comment. Nobody wants to see us play poorly or get beaten. I think it is more a case of you can't wait for a defeat to pontificate about fans who have the cheek to be upset after a poor display.

It’s not difficult just have a look when donnyjim last posted. Or why people have disappeared from this forum because we’re in great form.
Look at the people who were posting daily in October when we were losing and hardly posted at all since xmas

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 18, 2018, 05:27:00 pm by Cantley Rover »

It’s not difficult just have a look when donnyjim last posted. Or why people have disappeared from this forum because we’re in great form.
Look at the people who were posting daily in October when we were losing and hardly posted at all since xmas

People disappear from the forum for many reasons. To suggest it is because we are winning is quite frankly ludicrous. Have you maybe considered you might have some influence on why people get fed up of the forum? If you really think that fans leave the forum because we are winning then you have a problem.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on April 18, 2018, 06:12:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
And I thought that is exactly what Kiwomya would give us - that springboard from defence to attack aka McIndoe-like. On the evidence of last night, there is not much hope of that happening anytime soon.

I think we have several problems in our team that have not and will not be resolved until the summer:

1. No partner for Marquis. Absolute must find if we are to hang on to the best striker we have had for quite a few seasons.

2. The full back situation. As soon as Andrew got crocked we should have been out with the shopping trolley - but just when we could/should have got one, we lost 3 centre backs!

3. The midfield. Not balanced - and has been average, at best, as a unit all season. An ageing Copps, 3 players all wanting to play the same defensive position and not one suitable wide man who can get round the back of defences. Add to that, an inconsistent Tommy Rowe (this season) and a disappointing loanee in Kongolo.

All the above need a good look at in the summer or yet another misfiring season beckons.

I think that's a fair assessment and how I see it too.

However the bamboozling thing is, we can play, we can play good football, we can do the basics and more very well But for short periods. Then for some reason, we stop, particularly when something goes wrong we don't react well and panic sets in. Most teams in most games have spells but I struggle to recall a team that suffers as badly as we do, going from the sublime to the ridiculous in a heart beat.

Yes, we're lacking a midfield boss. The midfield equivalent of Marquis who refuses to give way and is tactically smart enough to get things moving again but, DF has had plenty of time to address/coach/instruct the players to deal with it better.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on April 18, 2018, 08:06:38 pm by dickos1 »

People disappear from the forum for many reasons. To suggest it is because we are winning is quite frankly ludicrous. Have you maybe considered you might have some influence on why people get fed up of the forum? If you really think that fans leave the forum because we are winning then you have a problem.

It’s well known on here,
Whenever we have a poor performance or a defeat it isn’t just me that says “I wonder how long it’ll be before the usual suspect make an appearance”

There were plenty asking for Ferguson to go not that long ago and they’ve disappeared now.
Funny that

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on April 18, 2018, 08:39:19 pm by roversdude »
I think that certain posters have been conspicuous by their absence during our improved form so have to agree with Dickos

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on April 18, 2018, 09:14:31 pm by i_ateallthepies »
There are thankfully a very few who only post on here when they have something negative to say but Dickos berates just about anybody who voices concerns about the team.  You only have to look at how he pounces at every opportunity on the Hound's posts.  Hound isn't remotely among those who only comes on when there's something to moan about, he's a permanent feature on the forum contributing to many debates with positive opinions.  Dickos needs to take a look at himself.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 18, 2018, 09:52:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
I think the main take away here is that there is a whole world out there away from the keyboard.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 18, 2018, 09:56:45 pm by Alan Southstand »
I think you are right re the midfield 'minder' and, to a degree, I believe the manager has relied too heavily on Copps and Rowe to guide the others. Unfortunately, and I've said this before earlier in the season, our experienced players are in the wrong positions. Without a doubt, Copps influence on games, like it or lump it, is waning and we have to look at a serious contender in the summer. I'm not saying ditch him, but that his game time needs to be limited, for the sake of the team and Copps himself. The manager, not so long ago, alluded to this himself.

I think it's time for the captaincy to be handed to Butler, so that we are not so much relying on Copps to be there on the pitch.

We are not the kind of Club that is going to go and sign a boat load of players, so we have to be very careful with our planning on recruitment. DF has gone on record as saying next season he wants more experience (I agree) and he wants 2 players for every position. Well, he may get his wish with experience, but that will not come cheap and therefore the 2 players scenario may only be achieved by having 'cover' players in the squad, I.e. Players who can play a number of different positions, like Mason.

The partner for JM is going to be one hell of a challenge, and costly, so good luck to DF and his backroom staff with that one. Imho, we do not have a ready made player at the Club right now.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on April 18, 2018, 10:33:23 pm by dickos1 »
There are thankfully a very few who only post on here when they have something negative to say but Dickos berates just about anybody who voices concerns about the team.  You only have to look at how he pounces at every opportunity on the Hound's posts.  Hound isn't remotely among those who only comes on when there's something to moan about, he's a permanent feature on the forum contributing to many debates with positive opinions.  Dickos needs to take a look at himself.

Not the case there’s many posters who come out with concerns with regards the side and have valid points. I’ve voiced my own concerns this season.
Interesting that you think Its me jumping on hounds every post rather than the other way around

Forum Admin

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on April 19, 2018, 09:21:27 am by Forum Admin »
I think we should leave that argument there. We've had communication with both individuals and put our point across.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012