Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:26:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marquis  (Read 4763 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Marquis
« on April 17, 2018, 10:23:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I've been critical of him previously, one of the reasons because his passing is shocking but tonight and the last few games he's ran himself into the ground and should have got MOTM.

Now has 15 goals for the season. Brilliant return!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Marquis
« Reply #1 on April 17, 2018, 10:24:50 pm by mushRTID »
He was awesome tonight, how did he not get MOTM? Mental.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 17, 2018, 10:31:46 pm by dknward2 »
Felt for him tonight was running and closing everyone down then looked behind him to see the rest of his teammates stood on half way looking like they couldn't give a shit

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 17, 2018, 10:41:57 pm by RedJ »
Kiwomya is one lazy bas**rd.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 17, 2018, 10:50:54 pm by Retdon1 »
Kiwomya looks a liability.. lazy, weak, puts in zero effort, doesn’t react any where near quick enough.. very disappointing

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 17, 2018, 11:10:07 pm by Jonathan »
Interesting observation that Marquis has run himself into the ground over “the last few games.” He’s done it ever since he signed. Whether in or out of form, he always puts a shift in. He might have a moan here and there that seems to get a few people’s backs up, but he never gives defenders an easy game.

I love watching him play. His all round game is excellent and he earns his goals.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 17, 2018, 11:17:45 pm by Alan Southstand »
Shame about the rest, though, Jon!

BerlinRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 17, 2018, 11:21:16 pm by BerlinRed »
Kiwomya is one lazy bas**rd.

Agreed! Really frustrated me when he came on. He seemed happy to let John do all the leg-work on his behalf.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 17, 2018, 11:25:12 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, not enough players in his class and it really shows at times. How long will he put up with it?

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 17, 2018, 11:31:37 pm by goalkick »
Credit to him. Some of the others could not be bothered tonight

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 17, 2018, 11:39:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He’s a joy to watch. The effort he puts in should be a baseline for any professional player. He was totally justified in turning round and giving Kiwomya a gobful when he chased down the keeper from 40 yards out to find no Rovers player within the same postcode as the keeper just rolled the ball to the centre half. And even THEN it was Marquis who chased down the centre half. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 12:25:07 am by BillyStubbsTears »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 17, 2018, 11:55:17 pm by RoversAlias »
I think it's harsh calling Kiwomya a "lazy bas**rd". Wasn't his night tonight but I don't think he's lazy, I think he was either tired or just not mentally right to play tonight for some reason.

Anyway, this thread is about Marquis and he was brilliant again tonight. Clear Player of the Season for me.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 18, 2018, 12:12:03 am by Draytonian III »
Kiwomya tired , how

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 18, 2018, 12:31:36 am by The Red Baron »
I think it's harsh calling Kiwomya a "lazy bas**rd". Wasn't his night tonight but I don't think he's lazy, I think he was either tired or just not mentally right to play tonight for some reason.

Anyway, this thread is about Marquis and he was brilliant again tonight. Clear Player of the Season for me.

He looked totally uninterested tonight and was lucky not to be brought off within 10 minutes of coming on. Goodness knows what was wrong with him.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 18, 2018, 12:55:04 am by hoolahoop »
Marquis is shite  - I can't see any club being interested in him.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 18, 2018, 05:14:40 am by roversdude »
Was definitely MOTM great shift from JM

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 18, 2018, 06:41:53 am by Padge_DRFC »
Kiwomya was probably exhausted in his 5 layers and gloves. It was 16 degrees last night!

darren61

« Reply #17 on April 18, 2018, 06:51:46 am by darren61 »
Felt for him tonight was running and closing everyone down then looked behind him to see the rest of his teammates stood on half way looking like they couldn't give a shit

:that:

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 18, 2018, 07:22:09 am by colincramb »

He looked totally uninterested tonight and was lucky not to be brought off within 10 minutes of coming on. Goodness knows what was wrong with him.

Has anybody not thought that the terrible, almost career threatening illness that’s he’s had might still be having an effect on his fitness, overall game and confidence? I mean it’s not like he almost lost the ability to walk or anything is it? Jesus, our fans really can be stupid at times

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 18, 2018, 07:40:09 am by Alickismyhero »
CC,

I side with you on this. I watched him very closely at MKD's and he looked exhausted early in the 2nd half and in the last 15mins he should have been subbed if we had one left. He was unable to use his speed to beat the fullback, the boy has not fully recovered yet and he needs time.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 18, 2018, 08:58:45 am by ctay »
Marquis gets better and better, we may face a challenge to keep him.

Kiwomya - we need to give him more time. He shows flashes, but he needs to get a pre season behind him. With the illness he had, we just need to be a bit patient (not a great trait for Rovers fans.

How Beestin got man of the match is beyond me, he was awful last night. However, the lad is talented and has come along way. He could be a big player for us next season.

I hope and pray Ferguson has a right back on his shopping list.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 18, 2018, 09:03:24 am by Dare to dream! »
I’d be surprised if he is still with us next season

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 18, 2018, 09:12:09 am by ctay »
Question, I was in the South but was it a penalty or not? I saw the sky highlights and I am still unsure. I was a long way from the incident, but it looked like Blair caught him.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 18, 2018, 10:53:12 am by idler »
I wasn't sure from where I sit in the west stand but he did seem to fall rather than dive.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 18, 2018, 11:07:45 am by chrisd_123 »

The way he played last night when not pressing and people shouting at him, he kept looking over to the bench and I wondered if that's actually what Fergie wanted him to do and just stay on the right of midfield when they had the ball.

They scored once and threatened a couple of times on the break so it did look as if Fergie wanted to load the midfield to prevent that when out of possession.

Having said that, he's clearly not fit yet.

Easy to write him off but as has been said numerous times, he's had a career and potentially life threatening illness.

We're safe, we're not going to go up, so on Kiwomya, let's just get some perspective, let him get used to how Fergie wants him to play and then judge him next season with a full pre-season and fitness under his belt.

I too was frustrated with his performance last night but he alone wasn't the issue last night. But to call him a lazy b*****d is a tad harsh. He was clearly struggling. It's a cliche but let's give him a pre-season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 18, 2018, 02:30:38 pm by drfchound »
I keep hearing this stuff about Kywomya not being physically ready to play yet.
Obviously he had had a serious illness but if he isn’t ready to play then he shouldn’t be on the pitch.
He looks lightweight and is too easily brushed off the ball and that lack of effort last night deserved the rocket he got from Marquis.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 18, 2018, 04:51:40 pm by scawsby steve »
Obviously he had had a serious illness but if he isn’t ready to play then he shouldn’t be on the pitch.
He looks lightweight and is too easily brushed off the ball and that lack of effort last night deserved the rocket he got from Marquis.

I totally agree, Hound. For people to accuse us as being unsympathetic with the illness he's had is, quite frankly, insulting. If he's unfit he shouldn't be in the first team, he should be bolstering his fitness with the development team.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 18, 2018, 05:58:41 pm by roversdude »
 :that:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 18, 2018, 06:14:23 pm by The Red Baron »

That's my point. If he didn't feel physically able to play last night I'm sure the manager would have understood.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 18, 2018, 06:57:20 pm by scawsby steve »
To get back to the subject of Marquis, good strikers are a rarity these days, and John has scored 41 in 2 seasons, with this season not even finished yet. I'm sorry for sounding pessimistic, but I've real fears about the vultures that will be circling above the Keepmoat in the summer.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012