Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:07:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Exasperated  (Read 2618 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Exasperated
« on April 18, 2018, 03:50:03 am by scawsby steve »
I've never seen big John look as exasperated with the lack of movement from his team mates as in that second half last night, and understandably so after chasing 40 yards for a ball and then seeing the idle tw*ts lazing about near the halfway line; and then to rub it in, the MOM, which should have gone to him, is given to Beestin instead. Now don't get me wrong, I like Alfie and I'm glad he's with us, but last night was the worst I've seen him play. As for Kiwomya, he brings absolutely nothing to the team and last night he even looked worse than Kongolo, which is saying something.

Regarding Matty Blair, I still rate him as a right sided midfielder, but he is not, never has been, and never will be a right back. As for Tommy Rowe, we all know what an important player he is for us, but he should have had a hat trick last night.

These are just some of the reasons why we couldn't beat an atrocious team, who are on an atrocious run, and have had an atrocious season. That's it, rant over.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Exasperated
« Reply #1 on April 18, 2018, 05:16:24 am by roversdude »
Steve it may be a rant but it’s all true

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 18, 2018, 08:05:11 am by idler »
I brought my son-in-law with me who is a Huddersfield Town fan. He really enjoyed it as a neutral. He said that we were far the better side and played some very good football. Our problem was not closing down. We seemed to lose momentum and drift out of the game. A disappointing hours drive home but I've seen far worse over the years.
Also after last night unless Andrew is fit we surely have to go with Mason at right back and Rowe left back. It's not ideal but is by far our best pairing in that department.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 18, 2018, 08:10:31 am by Pancho Regan »
A disappointing hours drive home but I've seen far worse over the years.

How on earth did you get home in an hour Idler?!
I had a terrible journey - chucked off the A1 before Pontefract due to closure, eventually found my way to M62 only to be chucked off that one junction later due to it also being closed! Grrr.....

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 18, 2018, 08:21:08 am by idler »
I saw signs that M62 had a closure and knew M621 was shut so went straight on M18 to M1 and then off M62 at Tingley and round ring road to Bradford.
I might just do M62 as far as M18 and then straight down on Saturday.
I don't like that route but it is three lanes as opposed to A1's two lanes.
I wish that I had a pound for every time that I've made that journey over the years. In August it will be 60 years since my first Rovers league game and I've been doing it from Bradford since 1978. I am finding it harder to get as enthusiastic these days. The traffic especially for night matches can be bad.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 18, 2018, 09:28:27 am by GazLaz »
The reason we didn’t win was nothing to do with missing chances. If you score three you would normally have a great chance of winning. We have been pretty solid defensively this season, last night a few things conspired against us. An conceding an OG, an offside goal and a penalty in the same match doesn’t happen very often.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 18, 2018, 10:06:17 am by ravenrover »
 lack of professionalism discipline and concentration lost us the game

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 18, 2018, 11:14:20 am by chrisd_123 »
The reason we didn’t win was nothing to do with missing chances. If you score three you would normally have a great chance of winning. We have been pretty solid defensively this season, last night a few things conspired against us. An conceding an OG, an offside goal and a penalty in the same match doesn’t happen very often.

Despite the two centre halves scoring, it was also pretty clear they've both been out for a while and not started matches. We missed Baudry and/our Mccullough last night who have been playing fairly regularly.

Bury had a team who aren't good enough at this level but clearly have a few young players in there who were wanting to scrap for a shirt next season after their manager's comments at the weekend.

A couple of times both Butler and Boyle looked great but also looked rusty and shaky at times too.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 18, 2018, 04:17:36 pm by scawsby steve »
The thing is, we're up against a decent Oxford side on Saturday, who apparently played very well against Wigan last night. Do we make changes, or leave things as they are? there were some strong players on the bench last night such as McCullough and Anderson, who might tighten things up defensively. Regarding who should partner John up front, I've honestly run out of ideas.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 18, 2018, 04:22:12 pm by chrisd_123 »
The thing is, we're up against a decent Oxford side on Saturday, who apparently played very well against Wigan last night. Do we make changes, or leave things as they are? there were some strong players on the bench last night such as McCullough and Anderson, who might tighten things up defensively. Regarding who should partner John up front, I've honestly run out of ideas.

The whole striker thing is strange.

I've spoke about Kiwomya loads and last night he clearly just wasn't fit enough. Alfie May isn't good enough. Beestin is a midfielder, not a striker. Mandeville out on loan.

We have a goalscorer. Andy Williams. Why is he not playing? Williams is not a player who can come in and out of the team. Every time he's had a consistent run, he's scored goals wherever he's been. This current formation with Marquis and Williams would work.

Rate him or not, can he be worse than May or a half fit Kiwomya?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 18, 2018, 08:03:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Exactly.

Play that game another 9 times with the two sides performing as they did and we’d win the lot. Two freak goals and a penalty wouldn’t happen again.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 19, 2018, 09:21:25 am by ravenrover »
After having arun out at Mansfield on Tuesday, I reckon Williams will at least be on the bench. There looked to be some very tired legs against Bury Copps and Houghton in particular, I can see 2-3 changes for Saturday

TinyPortal © 2005-2012