Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:25:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Oxford game  (Read 4894 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Oxford game
« Reply #30 on April 21, 2018, 08:52:30 am by selby »
  Unfortunately Alcock has been poor since picking up the injury against Newcastle in pre season 2 yrs ago, and has had very few good games since, and has a rick in him when under pressure as we have all seen over the last 2 yrs. Why play a player who will not be here next season.
  If May plays up front, Marquis drops off slightly, plays wider, and we lose control and the holding up of the ball up front where May is easily eased off the ball, and has not got the control, or pace to get away from a marker.
  Beestin is learning the game up front, has been a little unfortunate when hitting the post, and could do with a couple of goals, but he is stronger, has better control, and can collect the ball with his back to goal and lay if off and bring other players into the game.
   Playing him up front with Marquis in the remaining games that don't mean a lot, will do him and us more good  getting experience at this level for next season  if Kiwomya does not play. Kiwomya and Beestin are our best two pairings with Marquis, recent results and the form of Marquis show it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 21, 2018, 11:07:31 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, it's make or break time for May, if it isn't broken already. It was a worthwhile risk bringing him in to be a fox in the box. Unfortunately, it hasn't quite work out. I remember his brother defending him on social media saying 'Wait till our Alfie gets a one-on-one. He' ll score!` He hasn't from the next three or four chances and his last goal was a deflected effort that was lucky to go in.

For me, Williams is too unreliable both in fitness and form to save his Rovers career.

That said, I wouldn't grumble if either or, we're given a chance today.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 12:20:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 21, 2018, 11:54:36 am by Filo »
Are people forgetting Ben Khemis is fit now?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 21, 2018, 11:59:06 am by DonnyOsmond »
I'd rest Marquis after Fergie did say his hamstring was hanging off.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 21, 2018, 12:07:26 pm by dickos1 »
I’d much rather keep giving kiwomya game time, in order to get upto speed and be rating to go next year. Than a player that won’t be here next year ala Williams

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 21, 2018, 12:22:49 pm by selby »
 I agree with that Dickos,which was my point, but if Marquis is rested Kiwomya and Beestin could be a good  experiment looking forward to next season, and I would like to see Rodney play further forward just behind the front two, if Coppinger is rested, and encourage him to run at people at every opportunity.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 21, 2018, 05:36:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Why does it matter about showing interested parties what Williams can offer? he's out of contract so it isn't as if we need to put him in the shop window to get shut of him.

I agree, he’s on his bike regardless if anyone is interested or not.
Very harsh the criticism given to kiwomya, he’s recovering from a serious illness, he also made marquis’s Goal on Saturday.

I’m still struggling to understand what this usual collapse is for the last few games!
Last season we’d already been promoted which as poor as it was is the main reason of the poor results, but the year before the last few games of the season was our best form we’d shown for about 6 months.

The only proper collapse I can think off was in 2014,

Dickos. In fairness, I think getting 12?points from the last 19 matches of 15/16 counts as a collapse by most definitions.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 21, 2018, 05:42:56 pm by dickos1 »
Depends how far back u go to class an end of season collapse
If it’s 19 games then last season was far from an end of season collapse

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 21, 2018, 06:15:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It was the last 19 games of the season. We were shite pretty well throughout.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 21, 2018, 06:21:24 pm by dickos1 »
I know but people keep going on about a collapse last season and grouping it with a collapse the year before as though it’s an epidemic.

Two completely different scenarios

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 21, 2018, 06:42:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I didn't expect much today and we didn't get too much, although on chances, Marquis with two, Blair, May and the non penalty, we could have easily ran out winners.

We were expecting changes and we got them. We had it confirmed who aren't up to the job and hopefully won't be here next season.

Given how loose our play was at times, we still created chances and other than the first 25 mins of Tuesday night, I thought we were better. Once again though, a self inflicted punishment with their goal.

I thought Khemis should have been given a chance with Rowe missing unless of course he has an injury too. If not then he should be given that chance on Tuesday.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 22, 2018, 10:42:01 am by selby »
   The biggest lesson to learn yesterday, is even when you have a weakened team out, you don't play that great, people are a little out of form is, you still get chances, take them and you have a chance at winning a football game.
   We didn't and we lost, to a team that we should have taken 6 points off in two games and ended up with none.
 Was it surprise the team we did pick, not really, the modern way of saying players are fitter than ever, but cannot play two games a week, left us with the same old players making the same mistakes again, as I alluded to in earlier posts, anyway on to the next game.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012