Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:58:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How far off are we??  (Read 4240 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: How far off are we??
« Reply #30 on April 21, 2018, 02:52:21 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
i understand the idea of the thread but the loans can make such a difference if you can get VIA YOUR "ALLEGED" CONTACTS one great example

Patrick Bamford

2012–2017   Chelsea   0   (0)
2012–2013   → Milton Keynes Dons (loan)   37   (18)
2014   → Derby County (loan)   21   (8)
2014–2015   → Middlesbrough (loan)   38   (17)

MK Dons got a right match winner there 18 goals in 37 games
I'd look at the loanees at Shrewsbury and Accrington if I was Fergie

The fact of life is if you don't improve the squad you get relegated we've seen it in the championship from play offs to relegation next season think Leeds did that

Fergie you can sit at home and watch these top premiership under 21 matches on tv so no excuses

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 21, 2018, 05:08:37 pm by RugbyRover »
we are one player short that's all. We need a forward to compliment Marquis and share the goal scoring responsibilities.
May, Mandeville & Williams all should be replaced by a proven goalscorer - someone of the quality of Sharp or Doyle.
If we get that signing the rest of the team will suddenly look wonderful and we'll all forgive a lapse every now and again from Matty Blair.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 21, 2018, 05:09:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
How far off are we? About half a bleeding century going on that pile of ba-baa.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 22, 2018, 02:56:38 am by scawsby steve »
Just looking at the league table and realised we have lost fewer games than Rotherham and Charlton who sit 4th and 5th respectively. Clearly we have drawn too many games this season, however, do you thing we have a strong enough base for at least the play offs next season, is it that easy to turn draws into wins? Or do we need to strengthen in many areas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we need to strengthen in 5 areas; right back, left back, centre back, midfield, and striker.
So pretty much everywhere!! I think we need cover at both full backs, Mason at right and Andrew at left would be my choice, I think CB is ok if Frenchy stays, midfield needs some pace.

Hamilton, having just 3 centre backs this season cost us big time when they all got injured, and Fergie said that he wants 2 players for each position; seeing as every modern team has 2 centre backs, that would obviously mean increasing it to 4. As I've said in other posts, my 4 would be Baudry, Butler, Wright, and Anderson.
We also have McCullough who was brought to the club as a centre back who could cover. I am not overly convinced on Anderson just yet, however Burnley must see something in him, as he has been with them for a number of years.

Hamilton, you seem to have a blind spot where Anderson is concerned, despite the fact that loads of supporters and posters on this forum want him signed on next season. If you are not overly convinced on him, then you obviously didn't see him play against Fleetwood, after which he was selected as part of the EFL team of the week, along with several Championship players, and Rotherham, in which he completely bullied Michael Smith and all the big Rotherham players out of the game; if he hadn't been injured, I'm convinced we would have won that game.

As for McCullough being used as cover for centre back, you obviously can't remember his performances there 2 seasons ago.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 22, 2018, 09:22:39 am by idler »
My main worry is that John Marquis has improved so much since joining us that there will be bids in the close season.
His work rate is phenomenal and he has had two seasons at different levels scoring regularly.
I wonder if sometimes he looks at some of our team and their effort and thinks he would be better off elsewhere.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 22, 2018, 09:56:13 am by The Red Baron »
My main worry is that John Marquis has improved so much since joining us that there will be bids in the close season.
His work rate is phenomenal and he has had two seasons at different levels scoring regularly.
I wonder if sometimes he looks at some of our team and their effort and thinks he would be better off elsewhere.

I doubt Championship clubs would be interested. For all his virtues his touch and passing isn't good enough for that level.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012