Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:24:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Question  (Read 3800 times)

Park Rover

• Forum Member
Question
« on April 21, 2018, 04:49:50 pm by Park Rover »
You are the manager of Doncaster Rovers, a team who have still not secured their league one status. Your next two games are against a team below you in the league, and then against a team flying at the top of the league. Which game do you rest your 3 most influential players, Rowe, Coppinger and Beestin.
The man is an idiot.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on April 21, 2018, 04:57:33 pm by dickos1 »
Someone was saying we should get rid of beestin yesterday

Park Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 21, 2018, 05:05:30 pm by Park Rover »
I think he’s got a great future. He didn’t even leave them on the bench

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 21, 2018, 05:06:07 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I have to agree here. I doubt we'll get relegated, but to risk that at all is madness. More importantly, this playing around doesn't cement a squad which, especially for a club like ours with relatively limited resouces, is pissing in the wind.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 21, 2018, 05:07:38 pm by Copps is Magic »
For all intents and purposes we were safe and not making the play-offs before the game so rotating the squad is not a terrible decision.

The not too fantastic performance gives the manager some pointers for the summer and sends a msg to the decision makers that the squad is currently not strong enough for a promotion push next year.

I dont have problems with it. There are too many teams below us for them all to catch us.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 21, 2018, 05:10:43 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
For all intents and purposes we were safe and not making the play-offs before the game so rotating the squad is not a terrible decision.

The not too fantastic performance gives the manager some pointers for the summer and sends a msg to the decision makers that the squad is currently not strong enough for a promotion push next year.

I dont have problems with it. There are too many teams below us for them all to catch us.

Almost certainly, almost.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 21, 2018, 05:12:36 pm by Dare to dream! »
Tommy Rowe was injured, out for the season

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 21, 2018, 05:13:24 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
And there was a chance of the playoffs. I get the reasoning for his decision on the team but it's lacking guts. I like Fergie, but this is a weak negative move.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 21, 2018, 05:13:57 pm by Jonathan »
I’m in no way one of the people that thinks we need to change manager, I’m happy with Ferguson, but questions need to be asked about that team selection. It’s not fair on people that pay money to watch a competitive team. I can’t see any logic whatsoever in playing Kongolo. He’s not good enough, he won’t be here next season, we don’t need to learn anything more about him and he simply should not be starting games.

We left out our three most creative players and the lineup smacked of giving up for the season. Not acceptable when fans are turning out. We won’t go down but there’s no excuse for such a half hearted effort that the team selection inspired.

The people that say we’d be fine without Coppinger?! Have a word with yourselves.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 21, 2018, 05:16:57 pm by dickos1 »
I agree it would be a terrible decision to rest them, but the fact that they aren’t even on the bench makes me think they were injured rather than rested

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 21, 2018, 05:21:21 pm by GazLaz »
They obviously had issues. Rowe out for the season and Coppinger plays through a chronic injury.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 21, 2018, 05:26:53 pm by Jonathan »
They all would have played if there’d been something to play for.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 21, 2018, 05:27:55 pm by pib »
Very disappointing today.

Understand the gripes around team selection, but even putting that aside not enough of the players on the pitch turned up.

Alcock, Kongolo and May all poor. I don’t think any of the 3 should be in Rovers colours next season.

McCullough as usual trying to be fancy with the ball but is actually just embarrassingly out of his depth playing like he thinks he’s got the ability to ping the ball around for fun.

Kiwomya very disappointing when he came on but gets the benefit of the doubt after his injury/illness.

Houghton on the right and Mason at LB might be quick fixes but neither works at all. Square pegs in round holes.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 21, 2018, 05:31:54 pm by raggytash »
The blokes a proper no mark.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 21, 2018, 05:35:35 pm by colincramb »
Why Williams didn’t start ahead on may is beyond me

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 21, 2018, 05:37:35 pm by andysly »
I think he’s given May, Alcock & Kongolo a chance to show they deserve a future.
I also believe they answered the question.
They will all be gone by the end of next month.

Park Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 21, 2018, 05:39:24 pm by Park Rover »

How about securing league one status ( I don’t think we will get another point from the games we have left. All the teams we play have something to play for, our manager obviously thinks we have nothing to play for.
Not to mention, momentum, season ticket sales, revenue,and to give the paying fans value for money.

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 21, 2018, 05:44:32 pm by Big MAC »
I don't think Kongolo was even injured, it was staged to save him the embarrassment of being subbed! He must Be highly unfit to get cramp that early in the match.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 21, 2018, 05:45:14 pm by GazLaz »

Because he’s going at the end of the season. Must want to give May game time.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 21, 2018, 05:46:57 pm by Alan Southstand »
People need to have a rethink on how far off we are. That was an utter shambles. The midfield is well below average and some should never have been on the pitch. What in God's name is Alcock doing on the pitch? Once again, JM is left to try and do everything on his own - absolutely not on. McCullough? No thanks. Whiteman - fits and starts. Blair - nowhere near good enough. That is an entire midfield 4 who are not anywhere near the standard required to do well in this division.

And if DF thinks they are, then he needs to have a good long hard look at himself. No wonder the crowd is dwindling.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 21, 2018, 05:50:59 pm by dickos1 »
Crowd dwindling? Did u see the attendance today? It’s certainly not dwindling!

Everything in your comment is your opinion,most people would disagree about McCullough.
To say Blair is nowhere near good enough is ridiculous, he’s played most of this season out of position

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 21, 2018, 05:52:20 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Survival and play offs, perhaps?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 21, 2018, 05:52:39 pm by RoversAlias »
Come on, this is silly. Rowe is injured, Coppinger can't play three games in a week and Beestin looked shattered on Tuesday. The fact they were all out the squad entirely tells you they weren't fit.

So easy to criticise a team selection when you don't know who is and isn't available on the day.

Fact is the fringe lads got their chance today and they all blew it.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 21, 2018, 05:54:34 pm by colincramb »

Because he’s going at the end of the season. Must want to give May game time.

I see your point but for me May has shown he isn’t up to standard at this level in his previous opportunities. People say we are crying out for another goal scorer on the pitch... well we’ve got a proven one sat on the bench! I knows he’s had injury problems but it beggars belief how little game time he’s got given how much we are STILL paying him each week

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 21, 2018, 05:57:55 pm by drfchound »

How about securing league one status ( I don’t think we will get another point from the games we have left. All the teams we play have something to play for, our manager obviously thinks we have nothing to play for.
Not to mention, momentum, season ticket sales, revenue,and to give the paying fans value for money.

A bit like the end of last season then.
After promotion was secured it was announced that some players were out for the season.
DF doesn’t do end of season very well.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 21, 2018, 06:01:16 pm by roversdude »
I fear the worst for Tuesday

Sorry agree with comment re McCullough he’s a squad player at the very best

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 21, 2018, 06:07:45 pm by andysly »
On RS before match Gavin Strachan mentioned that players were banging on door wanting to be in the team, they got their chance today in a dead rubber for us.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 21, 2018, 06:55:19 pm by esdailles left foot »

Because he's cack

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 21, 2018, 07:19:31 pm by Cantley Rover »
What I don't understand is if he thinks we are safe why play a right back who has been worse than poor for most of the season and Mason at left back when he is much happier at right back. Why not have a look at Danny Amos at left back? For some reason no matter who the manager is we are reluctant to introduce youngsters unless they are someone else's kids sent here on loan?

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 21, 2018, 08:01:54 pm by esdailles left foot »
What I don't understand is if he thinks we are safe why play a right back who has been worse than poor for most of the season and Mason at left back when he is much happier at right back. Why not have a look at Danny Amos at left back? For some reason no matter who the manager is we are reluctant to introduce youngsters unless they are someone else's kids sent here on loan?
[/q

Bang on the money.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012