Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:05:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fergie interview  (Read 5080 times)

roversontheup

• VSC Member
Re: Fergie interview
« Reply #30 on April 21, 2018, 09:26:53 pm by roversontheup »
Me too. He will be talking to the board re budget , contracts and players he want out and in. Anybody who reads anything else into that 10 second comment is adding 2+2 and getting 10 imho of course!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 21, 2018, 09:38:01 pm by Brian Young »
The clubs Budget dictates the entire mindset for DF next season . There is little doubt that this season was a ‘let’s see how far we can get, knowing we would be  unlikely to make any impact.
Today showed the lack of depth in the squad . When a 37 year old Player missing today is still our best player , only goes to show that to build a team to go up and compete in the Championship isn’t going to easy or even achievable without good quality signings and that means that the budget is unlikely to match DFs ambition. He could throw in the towel if the board doesn’t support an achievable pathway. DF is a Millionaire and doesn’t need the short sightedness that lack of ambition offers.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 10:41:02 pm by Brian Young »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 21, 2018, 09:46:38 pm by silent majority »
The clubs Budget dictates the entire mindset for DF next season . There is little doubt that this season was a ‘let’s see how far we can get, knowing we would be  unlikely to make any impact.
Today showed the lack of depth in the squad . When a 37 year old Player missing today is still our best player , only goes to show that to build a team to go up and compete in the Championship isn’t going to easy or even achievable without good quality signings and that means that the budget is unlikely to match DFs ambition. He could throw in the towel if the board support an achievable pathway. DF is a Millionaire and doesn’t need the short sightedness that lack of ambition offers.

Wowa! Stop right there. Why is there little doubt, as you put it, that the mindset was lets see how far we can go and knowing we would not get anywhere? And pray tell me how you think the budget won't match his ambitions? Where do get this stuff from? The fact that DF is, or isn't a millionaire should be totally irrelevant.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 21, 2018, 10:39:32 pm by Alan Southstand »
Well, it's not been too great this season, has it?

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 21, 2018, 10:51:48 pm by Brian Young »
Today showed the lack of depth in the squad . When a 37 year old Player missing today is still our best player , only goes to show that to build a team to go up and compete in the Championship isn’t going to easy or even achievable without good quality signings and that means that the budget is unlikely to match DFs ambition. He could throw in the towel if the board support an achievable pathway. DF is a Millionaire and doesn’t need the short sightedness that lack of ambition offers.

Wowa! Stop right there. Why is there little doubt, as you put it, that the mindset was lets see how far we can go and knowing we would not get anywhere? And pray tell me how you think the budget won't match his ambitions? Where do get this stuff from? The fact that DF is, or isn't a millionaire should be totally irrelevant.

His personal wealth shouldn’t mean anything BUT when you are standing frustrated as the fans watch your team not taking its chances and the very fans provoke you enough to turn and tell him to F*** **f , you could understand if felt he was waisted at the club as supporter vent their frustration at him , particularly when Fergie praises them every week . I’m sure at this time of the season DF is ready to take his family off to his favourite sun lounger, it must have crossed his mind to tell us all to “go forth and multiply “ as no job is worth that abuse.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 21, 2018, 10:59:32 pm by mushRTID »

His personal wealth shouldn’t mean anything BUT when you are standing frustrated as the fans watch your team not taking its chances and the very fans provoke you enough to turn and tell him to F*** **f , you could understand if felt he was waisted at the club as supporter vent their frustration at him , particularly when Fergie praises them every week . I’m sure at this time of the season DF is ready to take his family off to his favourite sun lounger, it must have crossed his mind to tell us all to “go forth and multiply “ as no job is worth that abuse.

Did you hear what was said for DF to react like that?

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 21, 2018, 11:34:00 pm by Brian Young »
Yes I and those around me noticed late in second half , we laughed but I don’t think DF was !!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 22, 2018, 12:26:58 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Fella two rows in front of me shouted 'Sort it out Fergie'. It's one of many shouts, some more audible than others, but Kongolo was the main focus of displeasure.

Ironically, the shout came just as I thought we were getting on top, although there were some passes still going astray.

To be honest though, Fergie's reaction didn't bother me. I shouted a couple of times and had he have reacted to me, fair do's. If you give it, you have to be prepared to take it. The lad in front didn't seem too bothered either.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 22, 2018, 03:27:58 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Darren Ferguson admitted to being disappointed by the ‘frustration’ inside the Keepmoat Stadium during Doncaster Rovers’ 3-3 draw with Bury. The Scot overheard from the dugout what he described as “harsh” comments from some supporters in the West Stand. There was also a smattering of boos at the full time whistle - although referee Carl Boyeson may have been the target of those.

-rovers-darren-ferguson-responds-to-harsh-taunts-from-west-stand-supporters

I sit in the west stand and have always thought that we were a quiet bunch relaatively speaking. Obviously you get some comments, but to me its largely good nature. Its no secret that Ferguson is a like him or not person who divides fans opinions. I don't like his style of play and won't be sorry if he goes, To take us down in the manner he did and then to finish third in a one horse race is still raw in folks mind and basically we are largely where we were when he came. Just my opinion like...

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 22, 2018, 05:17:54 pm by ravenrover »
I sit in the West and one bloke behind shouts the same 2 two things every game, very loudly
NO! FORRARD
GER IT SORTED FERGIE
and that is all, every game win draw or lose

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 22, 2018, 08:47:53 pm by drfchound »
I sit in the West and one bloke behind shouts the same 2 two things every game, very loudly
NO! FORRARD
GER IT SORTED FERGIE
and that is all, every game win draw or lose

There are plenty of supporters dotted all around the ground ravenrover who shout that sort of thing.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 23, 2018, 07:08:41 am by andysly »
Two/three rows back from me there are a couple of blokes who moan continually. Even at 3-0 v Fleetwood moaning that we should be getting 5 or 6.
Regular theme recently is shouting Fergie to sort it out.
If it were a tactical issue you could understand it to a certain extent, but it's when a player misplaces a pass, miscontrols the ball etc
Out of sarcasm a couple of us joined in, ball over roof, "build it higher Fergie" etc

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 23, 2018, 06:27:18 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I'm not sure Pete Mott is the best advisor for Fergie.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012