Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:25:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next year's star striker  (Read 2721 times)

TheDonnyPop

• Forum Member
Next year's star striker
« on April 21, 2018, 06:30:56 pm by TheDonnyPop »
Theo got a hattrick today  :coat:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
Re: Next year's star striker
« Reply #1 on April 21, 2018, 06:33:55 pm by esdailles left foot »
He's still shit.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 21, 2018, 06:46:38 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
thought for a moment you were going to suggest our old friend and vandal (judging by the amount of times he hit the post when on loan here) the one and only Uche Ikpeazu

he only turned down a new contract at Cambridge could say his heart was somewhere else

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43808561

am sure you all remember him buying a new TV when on loan here

now he will be able to watch Scottish Tv

and next season he will play against Curtis Main in the scottish premiership

anybody know  if they ever played together here

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 21, 2018, 07:43:52 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Reasons given by Ikpeazu for leaving Cambridge:

"When I came to the stadium and I saw it for myself, it was crazy," he told Hearts TV. "They get loads of fans... 18,000 every game. That's some big attendances and I'm looking forward to playing in front of them.

"That's what attracted me, and having a manager in Craig [Levein] who really wanted to work with me, I feel that's the most important thing to feel wanted, and that's the way I felt.

"He really wants to work with me, he feels that he can get the best out of me and help me to "

Oh, for crying out loud. Does he really expect anyone to swallow this guff? :facepalm: He's obviously moved for a higher pay day; nothing wrong in that. "I was made an offer that I couldn't refuse." Why not just admit it, instead of insulting everybody's intelligence?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 08:20:41 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 21, 2018, 08:23:40 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
strangely i was looking at the tax rates in Scotland today and the first band of paying tax for small amounts is 19% in Scotland not 20% so perhaps he has gone for pennypinching

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

maybe the tv licience is cheaper in Scotland as well
:chair:

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 21, 2018, 08:31:20 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

strangely i was looking at the tax rates in Scotland today and the first band of paying tax for small amounts is 19% in Scotland not 20% so perhaps he has gone for pennypinching

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 21, 2018, 08:45:28 pm by RedJ »

"When I came to the stadium and I saw it for myself, it was crazy," he told Hearts TV. "They get loads of fans... 18,000 every game. That's some big attendances and I'm looking forward to playing in front of them.

"That's what attracted me, and having a manager in Craig [Levein] who really wanted to work with me, I feel that's the most important thing to feel wanted, and that's the way I felt.

"He really wants to work with me, he feels that he can get the best out of me and help me to "

Oh, for crying out loud. Does he really expect anyone to swallow this guff? :facepalm: He's obviously moved for a higher pay day; nothing wrong in that. "I was made an offer that I couldn't refuse." Why not just admit it, instead of insulting everybody's intelligence?

In fairness to the lad, while yes obviously there's a pay day for him, I imagine playing in front of relatively big crowds in a not exactly shit stadium is a pretty big draw. Plus the chance (okay maybe won't happen next season) of playing in Europe to look at as well.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 21, 2018, 09:14:04 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

In fairness to the lad, while yes obviously there's a pay day for him, I imagine playing in front of relatively big crowds in a not exactly shit stadium is a pretty big draw. Plus the chance (okay maybe won't happen next season) of playing in Europe to look at as well.

Fair comment, RedJ, but it really infuriates me when players insist that they move clubs because of the 'project', 'buying into the philosophy' and other such tosh. Not a word regarding the fact that they were offered a significant pay rise. Of course, we don't want to know what they were offered; that's personal between the player and the club. Just don't patronise/insult the people who actually  pay your salary.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 21, 2018, 09:22:41 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes just heap on Celtic for their millionth title in a row scoring a billion goals against very poor sides in relative terms to them fielding such Players as Gary Woods Paul Quinn Martin Woods Machu Pichu and Curtis Main

The BBC no doubt will be fawning over their supremacy as usual and featuring them before The Championship on Telly and on Website which is absolutely a s**t situation but nobody seems to give a toss

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 21, 2018, 09:49:23 pm by ss1953 »

I live in Edinburgh, and I can assure you that it’s all SNP propaganda that they have the lowest rate on the U.K. That 19% rate save you £40!! a year. The next 2 rates claw it back and more. I pay more than £1000 a year more tax  to live in the land of the anti English Stalinist Nasty Party.  And I’m a pensioner.

I’ll be able to air the p**s out of all my Jambo  friends, letting them know they can only afford Donny cast offs, Just like Rangers, Motherwell and Inverness.

The SNP are simply trying to stir the S**t in their quest to break up the best country to live in the world. Don’t ver believe anything that Nikita Sturgeon or Oily Salmond say. They are further left than Corbyn.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 21, 2018, 10:40:02 pm by Chris Black come back »
Did anyone mention that Ferguson is Scottish?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 21, 2018, 10:58:25 pm by The Red Baron »
Yes just heap on Celtic for their millionth title in a row scoring a billion goals against very poor sides in relative terms to them fielding such Players as Gary Woods Paul Quinn Martin Woods Machu Pichu and Curtis Main

The BBC no doubt will be fawning over their supremacy as usual and featuring them before The Championship on Telly and on Website which is absolutely a s**t situation but nobody seems to give a toss

The SPL is an absolute bush league, dominated by Celtic. However I have some sympathy for the BBC. If they gave it the level of coverage it deserved they would get no end of grief from Wee Jimmy Krankie and the rest of the SNP.

The Championship is the best League in Europe though. Always provides excitement right to the end.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 22, 2018, 01:59:42 am by RoversAlias »
thought for a moment you were going to suggest our old friend and vandal (judging by the amount of times he hit the post when on loan here) the one and only Uche Ikpeazu

he only turned down a new contract at Cambridge could say his heart was somewhere else

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43808561

am sure you all remember him buying a new TV when on loan here

now he will be able to watch Scottish Tv

and next season he will play against Curtis Main in the scottish premiership

anybody know  if they ever played together here

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I hadn't actually realised Ikpeazu was having a successful season at Cambridge, so fair play to him for parlaying that into a move to Hearts.

Also, that link says Hearts have agreed a deal to sign Steven MacLean...I am shocked to see it is *the* Steve MacLean who tormented us a few times some 12-15 years ago as a Sheff Wednesday player. Not only am I shocked he's still playing but that he's still managing to earn upward moves in the top flight of Scottish football! Possily says a lot about the standard in that division.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 22, 2018, 06:30:23 am by Donnywolf »

The SPL is an absolute bush league, dominated by Celtic. However I have some sympathy for the BBC. If they gave it the level of coverage it deserved they would get no end of grief from Wee Jimmy Krankie and the rest of the SNP.

The Championship is the best League in Europe though. Always provides excitement right to the end.

Yes which is why I cannot understand the hierarchy that the BBC apply perticularly online listing a complete no competition League when assigning priority to Fixtures Results and Tables. Here for example  ....   https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scores-fixtures/2018-04-28

It may be baffling to others why I bang on about this but I cant for the life of me why the Scottish Fixtures are not after Div 2 ?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:34:26 am by Donnywolf »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 22, 2018, 08:05:33 am by GazLaz »
It’s a very good move for him. Even if they offered him the same money he would have to go for it.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 22, 2018, 09:54:05 am by The Red Baron »

Yes which is why I cannot understand the hierarchy that the BBC apply perticularly online listing a complete no competition League when assigning priority to Fixtures Results and Tables. Here for example  ....   https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scores-fixtures/2018-04-28

It may be baffling to others why I bang on about this but I cant for the life of me why the Scottish Fixtures are not after Div 2 ?

As a kid I used to think if you finished bottom of the Football League you were relegated to the Scottish League.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012