Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:04:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: When was the last time you really enjoyed a home game?  (Read 6433 times)

1-0 to the Doncaster

• Forum Member
walking away from keepmoat last night, got me thinking when was the last time I saw a really good game of football with a great Rovers performance? I still can't remember. We are not an exciting team to watch.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: When was the last time you really enjoyed a home game?
« Reply #1 on April 22, 2018, 10:57:56 am by dickos1 »
Two separate points there though, a good performance and an exciting game.
A 3-3 draw can only be described as an exciting game, we hammered Southend this season so I would say that was both exciting and a goo performance

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 22, 2018, 11:01:23 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Shrewsbury was a cracker till the 91st minute.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 22, 2018, 11:05:14 am by The Red Baron »
Southend once we got level was good. My favourite was Scunny in the FA Cup. If we played with that tempo and intensity every week we'd be more enjoyable to watch.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 22, 2018, 11:13:49 am by dickos1 »
I would also say scunny was very good, and Shrewsbury. We played very well against Shrewsbury but lost, Fleetwood also I thought we played very well

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 22, 2018, 11:19:40 am by GazLaz »
If you want to watch brilliant football every week you support the wrong club. There are plenty of empty seats at Man City though.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 22, 2018, 11:54:56 am by Padge_DRFC »
I thought the Bury game was. At the same time very frustrating.
For me the whole match day experience is poor at the Keepmoat. Despite what the official attendance states. There’s usually only 5000 in the ground. Next to no atmosphere. It’s amazing how different it could be.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 22, 2018, 12:38:44 pm by RoversAlias »
The Bury game was definitely exciting.

A really good Rovers performance? Weren't we good against Fleetwood? These questions aren't helped by the fact we have barely played at home in months.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 22, 2018, 12:49:16 pm by German Rover »
If you want to watch brilliant football every week you support the wrong club. There are plenty of empty seats at Man City though.

I'd just like to see an attempt to play exciting quick attacking football. This pass pass pass is a bit boring in my opinion. There's no comparison between a slow steady build up from the 18 yd box and a winger ripping a full back a new arsehole and whipping in a cross causing chaos and mayhem in the box.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 22, 2018, 01:32:09 pm by RoversAlias »
Passing football is the way of the game nowadays, and so it should be in my opinion. I don't think Man City fans are complaining about their patient passing play, not that I'm trying to say we do or should play as well as them.

SOD played it much the same way, in fact often more cautious than Fergie's sides tend to and people quite enjoyed seeing us be that style of team.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 22, 2018, 02:25:50 pm by drfchound »
I thought the Bury game was. At the same time very frustrating.
For me the whole match day experience is poor at the Keepmoat. Despite what the official attendance states. There’s usually only 5000 in the ground. Next to no atmosphere. It’s amazing how different it could be.

Padge, you are right about the actual attendance and the official one being different.
There was a post by someone yesterday about dwindling attendances and someone else said that they were not dwindling as we had had a good attendance yesterday (or words to that effect) when it was very obvious to anyone at the game that there was not over 8200 people in the stadium.
Obviously all seats sold on season tickets must be included in the official figure so if that is the case and given that there was over 1000 from Oxford, our additional sales are not very good.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 22, 2018, 04:07:53 pm by RedJ »
105 for Bury on Tuesday apparently was the official figure, there were barely 40 of them.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 22, 2018, 04:19:20 pm by Jimmydee »
I enjoyed the end of the game at Scunny

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 22, 2018, 04:29:59 pm by Donnywolf »
I enjpoyed the Bury game right up to the point Mason unfortunately scored that unstoppable header

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 22, 2018, 05:18:50 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Fleetwood at home. And only cos I watched the Bradford game on sky than do my usual round trip. Before that Northampton at home if not Rochdale in the league. So actually not long ago when there was a very enjoyable game to watch and good atmosphere. Another stupid critical opening post based on nothing given it's probably two games since it was very enjoyable at the keepmoat and we played well. Granted Fleetwood were garbage but look at the run they then went on. It's not fashionable to be critical for the sake and be negative. Anyone would think Rovers were bottom the way some of these loaded posts on here go on.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 05:26:24 pm by Donny Exile in York »

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 22, 2018, 05:20:18 pm by mjg »
Let me think . Ermmmm not since Belle vue

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 22, 2018, 05:52:58 pm by dickos1 »
Fleetwood at home. And only cos I watched the Bradford game on sky than do my usual round trip. Before that Northampton at home if not Rochdale in the league. So actually not long ago when there was a very enjoyable game to watch and good atmosphere. Another stupid critical opening post based on nothing given it's probably two games since it was very enjoyable at the keepmoat and we played well. Granted Fleetwood were garbage but look at the run they then went on. It's not fashionable to be critical for the sake and be negative. Anyone would think Rovers were bottom the way some of these loaded posts on here go on.

Exactly, some of our fans won’t be happy whatever happens, winning promotion last season and they only talk about the last 5 games after promotion was achieved rather than the 41 games that won us promotion
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 07:01:05 pm by dickos1 »

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 22, 2018, 07:00:09 pm by knockers »
I quite enjoyed yesterday!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 22, 2018, 07:01:35 pm by mushRTID »
I enjoyed Tuesday.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 22, 2018, 09:46:05 pm by bobjimwilly »
Let me think . Ermmmm not since Belle vue

You're obviously not a regular at the Keepmoat then.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 22, 2018, 10:16:07 pm by RedJ »
Hi Mick, been a while. When's your next account coming to troll us all?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 22, 2018, 11:01:38 pm by the vicar »
Exciting and entertaining don't come in to it. We can be all that and win nothing and go down, but we can be boating and win them all and go up so that is what is important to me. But if we play well and existing and win then I am still happy

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 22, 2018, 11:13:24 pm by johnny rovers »
Tuesday night just gone marra!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 23, 2018, 09:55:51 am by Copps is Magic »
I enjoy pretty much enjoy every game I go to.

Today I learned people have a different attitude towards it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:33:25 am by Copps is Magic »

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 23, 2018, 01:19:31 pm by Pancho Regan »
Well I thoroughly enjoyed the game on Saturday.

I watched it through the Virtual Reality Headset I collected before kick-off, and we won 3-0!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 23, 2018, 01:25:01 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Passing football is the way of the game nowadays, and so it should be in my opinion. I don't think Man City fans are complaining about their patient passing play, not that I'm trying to say we do or should play as well as them.

SOD played it much the same way, in fact often more cautious than Fergie's sides tend to and people quite enjoyed seeing us be that style of team.

Yes but under SOD the team could string 3 passes together.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 23, 2018, 01:52:39 pm by RoversAlias »

Yes but under SOD the team could string 3 passes together.

We made some very nice passing moves that got us into shooting positions on Saturday. We're a pretty good passing team from where I sit. Admittedly there were lots of mistakes in the Oxford game but it happens sometimes, if we fired on all cylinders every week we'd be top of the table but we're 14th and that's perfectly acceptable this season.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 23, 2018, 02:12:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Every team plays nice passing moves at times. I'm talking about the consistency of them. To compare this current Fergies Rovers team to SODS is quite a far-fetched analogy. To be blunt, there's no comparison.

Like you say, passing football is the way of the game nowadays, but sadly, Rovers are generally poor at it. It's not only the stray passes that let us down, it's all too often the slowness of their delivery. Most of our play is anticipated by the opposition. There is hardly any element of surprise. That's why our strikers struggle. They are crowded out by the time they get the ball.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 24, 2018, 08:12:35 am by dickos1 »
Sod had much more talented, experienced and expensive players. So yes it is far fetched to compare.
2nd half of this season has been excellent, looking at results and if we maintain this form next season we will be pushing for the playoffs, if we improve even only slightly we will be pushing for promotion

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 24, 2018, 10:06:35 am by Colemans Left Hook »
tonites the nite buoys

TinyPortal © 2005-2012