Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:42:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fergie and the Board...  (Read 7226 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Fergie and the Board...
« on May 15, 2018, 11:58:30 am by wing commander »
   Without a shadow of a doubt there was friction between the Manager and the board on the length of time it was taking for him to be told what budget he had to work with.As those talks progressed it became more than apparent that DF wasn't that impressed and talk of two players per position then changed to a smaller squad and he seemed frustrated he couldn't crack on.

Then DF had the illness to contend with his dad and rightly rushed off to deal with that..The only think we've heard since is his statement thanking people for there wishes..

Now I don't want to sound harsh but have talks been finalised yet I wonder and the budget put in place?Or are we in some kind of limbo..People say you have all summer and that's true but we've already seen one or two signing pre contracts and other managers will already be pushing there clubs with agents..We seem to do well when we get things done early rather than signing players during pre season..

This is a crucial time of year,people are awaiting contracts (copps) Potential signings (Anderson) will be wanting to get sorted if they have no futures at parent clubs..The better quality released players from the Championship will be talking to there agents from there sunbeds...I wonder what stage we are currently at????

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Fergie and the Board...
« Reply #1 on May 15, 2018, 12:02:07 pm by mushRTID »
Fair questions I think. It has understandably gone quiet due to Sir Alex but we’ve also got things to sort out.

It had crossed my mind that if Sir Alex faces a long recovery, would Darren take some time out of Football?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 15, 2018, 12:16:40 pm by since-1969 »
The club is supporting DF in every way it can and it’s up to DF to declare when he is back at work. To say that there is friction is just rubbish . Like any other manager DF Is stating his case and with tongue in cheek when he talked about 2 players for every position. No one understands more about budgets as he’s been part of the thinking to build from within via home grown tallent . Events that have happened are just that , events. The club have got targets and behind the scenes life goes on and things happen that we are not privy too . It’s only been a few days since that dreadful news of his father, so he will be talking to the club and keeping up to date with important issues. Contracts for players run until the end of June so not allot will be heard until nearer that time , so more patience required .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 15, 2018, 12:23:47 pm by silent majority »
The club is supporting DF in every way it can and it’s up to DF to declare when he is back at work. To say that there is friction is just rubbish . Like any other manager DF Is stating his case and with tongue in cheek when he talked about 2 players for every position. No one understands more about budgets as he’s been part of the thinking to build from within via home grown tallent . Events that have happened are just that , events. The club have got targets and behind the scenes life goes on and things happen that we are not privy too . It’s only been a few days since that dreadful news of his father, so he will be talking to the club and keeping up to date with important issues. Contracts for players run until the end of June so not allot will be heard until nearer that time , so more patience required .

I couldn't agree more.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 15, 2018, 12:33:30 pm by wing commander »

In my opinion it's not rubbish at all..You could clearly tell from his interviews that he was far from happy with how the budget was being dealt with..Thats friction as far as I'm concerned but that aside the point still remains..Has the budget officially been put in place so he knows what he has to work with or hasn't it...it's a simple question really.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 15, 2018, 12:39:40 pm by Cantley Rover »
 :lol:

In my opinion it's not rubbish at all..You could clearly tell from his interviews that he was far from happy with how the budget was being dealt with..Thats friction as far as I'm concerned but that aside the point still remains..Has the budget officially been put in place so he knows what he has to work with or hasn't it...it's a simple question really.

Do you really think that many people on here will agree with you? We are well run club. Now stop moaning. :-)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 15, 2018, 01:05:31 pm by steve@dcfd »
Cantley agree with your sentiments but nothing will be achieved on here let’s wait and see what transpires before and maybe after preseason.
Then will all know about the level of ambition.
We can then ask the CEO if we believe it’s not what required as Silent Majority  tells you possibly finding another club to support, one that matches your ambitions in terms of squad size and quality.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 04:12:41 pm by steve@dcfd »

Drfc1996

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 15, 2018, 01:15:31 pm by Drfc1996 »
Whilst DF did need time off and may still need more time away, we need to move on and look to next season.

Surely whilst he is away there’s others to fill in and work with recruitment? That’s Russ Wilcox’s job after all!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 15, 2018, 01:41:59 pm by IDM »

I couldn't agree more.

Me too.. until anything is said in public, all we have is conjecture and conclusion jumping..  just because there is no news doesn’t mean there is nothing going on, no ambition, behind the scenes friction etc..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 15, 2018, 01:52:44 pm by RedJ »
:lol:

Do you really think that many people on here will agree with you? We are well run club. Now stop moaning. :-)

So are you saying we aren't a well-run club?

It's the jumping to conclusions based on absolutely nothing concrete that gets people's backs up, or the baseless accusations.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 15, 2018, 02:03:27 pm by silent majority »
Cantley agree with your sentiments but nothing will be achieved on here let’s wait and see what transpires before and maybe after preseason.
We can then ask the CEO if we believe it’s not what required as this supporters trust tells you to go and support another team if you are not happy

Don't twist my words Steve, that's not what was said.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 15, 2018, 02:10:47 pm by raggytash »
I’d like to think DF as got some manovere this summer considering some big earners have gone and GB break even figure was well beaten, really think a couple of quality signings would get people interested again but can’t see it myself.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 15, 2018, 02:20:23 pm by Cantley Rover »
We can then ask the CEO if we believe it’s not what required as this supporters trust tells you to go and support another team if you are not happy

Your words

If you are as ambitious as you say you are then maybe you should be the one putting his hand in his pocket, or possibly finding another club to support, one that matches your ambitions in terms of squad size and quality.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 15, 2018, 02:21:45 pm by silent majority »

Your words

If you are as ambitious as you say you are then maybe you should be the one putting his hand in his pocket, or possibly finding another club to support, one that matches your ambitions in terms of squad size and quality.

I know what my words were! I was addressing you, nobody else. And they were my words, not the supporters trust.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 02:30:20 pm by silent majority »

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 15, 2018, 02:28:51 pm by Danmckay456 »
Every team should have two players per position regardless of budget , competition for places improves players in general , how many players have we had recently who have had no backup and their performances have been way inconsistent.

If we get 5 players signed up and fill a few loanees how can that be hard to help the manager the way we have cut the wages down the last couple of seasons and the amount of loanees through the door

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 15, 2018, 02:41:29 pm by wing commander »
I think this thread has gone a bit away from the point.The actual financial aspects of the budget wasn't the point I was making,that is based on what the club can afford and that will never be enough for any manager and is what it is

I was under the impression from his interviews that DF was more frustrated because he didn't know what it actually was at the time his dad fell ill and what he had to work with..Yes you have Wilcox who will know who we are after etc etc but has it actually been finalised and everyone aware of what it is so they can get on with the job of recruitment...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 15, 2018, 03:16:04 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Every thread turns into the budget nowadays.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 15, 2018, 03:21:47 pm by steve@dcfd »

Your words

I know what my words were! I was addressing you, nobody else. And they were my words, not the supporters trust.

Modified my post

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 15, 2018, 03:23:25 pm by silent majority »

Your words

Modified my post

Not modified enough! You're still misquoting me.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 15, 2018, 03:25:18 pm by silent majority »
I think this thread has gone a bit away from the point.The actual financial aspects of the budget wasn't the point I was making,that is based on what the club can afford and that will never be enough for any manager and is what it is

I was under the impression from his interviews that DF was more frustrated because he didn't know what it actually was at the time his dad fell ill and what he had to work with..Yes you have Wilcox who will know who we are after etc etc but has it actually been finalised and everyone aware of what it is so they can get on with the job of recruitment...

You worry too much. The job will carry on as it takes several people to organise contracts, not just one.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 15, 2018, 03:28:05 pm by RedJ »
Every thread turns into the budget nowadays.
Same every summer, nowt to talk about when the football is finished and it's too early for transfer rumours.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 15, 2018, 03:28:51 pm by DRNaith »

Your words

You were given an additional option that you didn't mention

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 15, 2018, 05:45:31 pm by the vicar »

I couldn't agree more.

Me too.. until anything is said in public, all we have is conjecture and conclusion jumping..  just because there is no news doesn’t mean there is nothing going on, no ambition, behind the scenes friction etc..
We never hear anything from the club in pree season and work is always done so leave it to them and all will come out in the wash

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 15, 2018, 07:11:51 pm by scawsby steve »

I couldn't agree more.

We never hear anything from the club in pree season and work is always done so leave it to them and all will come out in the wash

Yeah, but I'm f*cking bored, Dave.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 15, 2018, 07:23:53 pm by ravenrover »
According to Liam Holden a list of targets has been presented to the club, it is now up to CEO to sort things out from now on

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 15, 2018, 07:38:19 pm by scawsby steve »
Genuine question; I've noticed that most players who are considered available are on contract until June 30th, and yet I'm sure we've signed players before that date in previous seasons. Is there some kind of pre-contract agreement that can be made before the player actually signs?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 15, 2018, 07:45:02 pm by since-1969 »
May 7th window opened , just avoid confusion I do mean the transfer window and not my kids bedroom which i still can’t budge .

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 15, 2018, 07:53:52 pm by Jonathan »
Genuine question; I've noticed that most players who are considered available are on contract until June 30th, and yet I'm sure we've signed players before that date in previous seasons. Is there some kind of pre-contract agreement that can be made before the player actually signs?

Assuming you’re talking of players that are to be released at the end of their current deals. It’s simply a case of setting the contract start date to begin immediately after the cessation of the existing contract. All terms would be agreed and signed off ahead of the effective from date, so there’s no issue with announcing it. Standard practice in and out of football I think.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 07:56:02 pm by Jonathan »

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 16, 2018, 10:16:29 am by Michael Shaw »
Whether we have the smallest or largest budget in league one doesn't ultimately matter. It's how wisely the money is spent and who Ferguson gets in the lineup at the start of next season that counts. The largest budget does not guarantee promotion. As hard as it is patience is needed.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 16, 2018, 11:53:00 am by selby »
   Well said Michael.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012