Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:52:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Big announcment  (Read 26295 times)

wesisback

• Forum Member
Re: Big announcment
« Reply #150 on May 26, 2018, 12:15:15 pm by wesisback »
I don't disagree with most of what you've said there. It is too early to get a proper hold of how we'll recruit in the summer, nor do I think that Copps isn't worth another year though his game time is shortening.
However Hoden saying the other day that it's a boost for the club's future is a bit thin, if it was to be Copps you'd expect a bit more of a pledge to his future at the club after his playing days. 'Journalist in sensationalism shocker' you may say but it just leaves the fans a little bit underwhelmed and reacting in a knee jerk way like we saw last week.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on May 26, 2018, 02:42:06 pm by selby »
  The big one for me would be Wright, just because he can start talking to other clubs in January, and I don't know if Rowe is the same.
 We don't want another Green situation where the club misses out on a fee.
  We need to be proactive with the young players, something we have been poor at, and protect our assets.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on May 26, 2018, 03:23:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I do think the whole publicity of the (re-)signing has been a shameful act of sensationalism. I had little doubt that Copps would stay with us, and I think I'm right in saying most of us thought the same.

I reckon it's been poorly managed,  and seems to suggest a lack of customer understanding that will result in more supporters taking any future promises with a pinch of salt.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on May 26, 2018, 03:32:53 pm by vaya »
I do think the whole publicity of the (re-)signing has been a shameful act of sensationalism. I had little doubt that Copps would stay with us, and I think I'm right in saying most of us thought the same.

I reckon it's been poorly managed,  and seems to suggest a lack of customer understanding that will result in more supporters taking any future promises with a pinch of salt.

Could you roughly outline how the club has sensationalised this?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on May 26, 2018, 03:39:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Could you roughly outline where I said they Did?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on May 26, 2018, 03:44:56 pm by jonnydog »
The futures bright... the futures 12 months long!!

Seriously, this was always going to happen, but was always going to be good news. He’s proved once again how important he is to the club with his performances and efforts this season, and thus very much deserves this.

It certainly isn’t the news that it was hyped up to be, but cmon... does anyone ACTUALLY believe or value ANYTHING that the DFP publishes? It’s gutter press at best and poor journalism thoroughout the entire print of that shite paper. Those who trusted the DFP and were let down with the news, should only be let down in themselves by not just reading DFP articles, but also putting any faith in the accuracy of the report.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on May 26, 2018, 03:46:17 pm by vaya »

So you don't think the club sensationalised the situation then. Thanks.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on May 26, 2018, 03:57:38 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I've no evidence to suggest it was the club's idea to sensationalise the (re-)signing of Copps. What are you thanking me for?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on May 26, 2018, 03:58:33 pm by vaya »
I've no evidence to suggest it was the club's idea to sensationalise the (re-)signing of Copps. What are you thanking me for?

Replying. I'm just being polite.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on May 26, 2018, 04:06:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »
OK, Thanks.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on May 26, 2018, 06:08:13 pm by RoversAlias »
Guys, Liam Hoden doesn't work for the club so it's hardly down to them.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on May 26, 2018, 06:42:07 pm by selby »
Created some interest though, at a time when news is always slow.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on May 26, 2018, 06:46:58 pm by since-1969 »
I think this entire thread has been a hoax , without a specific indication of its direction ie new player or sponsor etc ... it could have meant anything. Fake news !!!!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on May 26, 2018, 08:40:47 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I think this entire thread has been a hoax ..... Fake news !!!!

Just like with Trump and the Tories (esp. Boris), it's a distraction from something really sinister happening within the club  :ohmy:

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on May 26, 2018, 08:44:46 pm by since-1969 »
Like what ?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on May 26, 2018, 09:48:57 pm by the vicar »

Could you roughly outline how the club has sensationalised this?
it must of been a club decision as they both put it up together

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on May 26, 2018, 09:52:19 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on May 26, 2018, 10:45:50 pm by Alan Southstand »
A 'big' announcement and 'big boost' would have been getting in someone who is capable of competing with Copps for his shirt!

Massive ott reporting by Liam Holden and, ultimately, is having the opposite affect!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on May 27, 2018, 01:35:42 am by Bentley Bullet »
It's a bit like your local chippy that sells wonderful fish but shite chips announcing there's gonna be a major boost to the quality of your supper, and then (eventually) telling you that they're gonna continue selling wonderful fish!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on May 27, 2018, 01:49:26 am by scawsby steve »
It's a bit like your local chippy that sells wonderful fish but shite chips announcing there's gonna be a major boost to the quality of your supper, and then (eventually) telling you that they're gonna continue selling wonderful fish!

F*cking brill that, BB.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on May 27, 2018, 07:14:14 am by Donnywolf »

F*cking brill that, BB.
Can I just check if that is a Fish pun or not before unleashing some of my own ? Or were you just praising BB and inadvertantly used the name of a real Fish ?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on May 27, 2018, 08:14:19 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Who do you reckon have mismanaged this and haven't understood their customers then?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on May 27, 2018, 08:40:24 am by Bentley Bullet »
Either Hoden is personally responsible for deceiving his customers (readers) by sensationalising the story, or the club played a part in it also. However, I've no evidence to suggest they did. In any case, either both parties or Hoden alone haven't understood their customers unless they believe their customers want to be misled.

What do you think?

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on May 27, 2018, 08:55:12 am by Lifelong supporter »
Can't see how Hoden misled anybody.
Some fans misled themselves.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on May 27, 2018, 12:52:26 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Hoden was in no position to mismanage anything, nor do I think he has customers to misunderstand. I think you meant the club all along and are now trying desperately to backslide out of it by trying to baffle with BS. That's that I think. I was happy to keep that to myself but you wanted to know.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on May 27, 2018, 02:41:59 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The problem with that Mr Wiggerly is what you think and what is the truth is usually quite a distance apart, and this occasion is no different.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 03:00:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on May 27, 2018, 06:16:03 pm by scawsby steve »

F*cking brill that, BB.
Can I just check if that is a Fish pun or not before unleashing some of my own ? Or were you just praising BB and inadvertantly used the name of a real Fish ?

I've got to own up Wolfie, I didn't know there was a fish called a brill. You've got all the credit for that pun.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on May 27, 2018, 06:31:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I suppose you could say that Wolfie's suggestion was, like the subject of this thread a bit of a Red Herring.

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on May 27, 2018, 06:56:13 pm by arkseyrover »
Hoden must have been fed the information from an internal source to be able to tell us, well in advance of the event, that we were gonna learn of the 'big' announcement, which as it happened was revealed on exactly the day he said it would be. So it must have been planned for some time. Poor show by him for taking the piss out of us supporters - and more so by the club who sat back and allowed it to happen instead of communicating honestly with the fans. It is good news but hardly earth shatteringly 'big'

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on May 27, 2018, 07:16:53 pm by Cantley Rover »
Hoden must have been fed the information from an internal source to be able to tell us, well in advance of the event, that we were gonna learn of the 'big' announcement, which as it happened was revealed on exactly the day he said it would be. So it must have been planned for some time. Poor show by him for taking the piss out of us supporters - and more so by the club who sat back and allowed it to happen instead of communicating honestly with the fans. It is good news but hardly earth shatteringly 'big'

Is Liam Hoden being made the scapegoat in all this?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012