Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:35:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jordan Houghton  (Read 7387 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Jordan Houghton
« on June 09, 2018, 09:40:10 am by Jonathan »
I’d expect any chance we had of getting him on a permanent deal probably reduced further with Ferguson’s resignation. Aside from which the new manager will pick his own players so we may not even be in for him.

Anyhow, he’s been released by Chelsea. Can’t help but think he’d have been a good one to get here on a ‘free.’

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Jordan Houghton
« Reply #1 on June 09, 2018, 10:02:50 am by Chris Black come back »
Would imagine he has somewhere lined up already. So few of the Chelsea and Man City youth lads can ever have a hope of making it there that getting out on loan to clubs like us is best route to being a marketable asset when they inevitably get shown the door when they hit early 20s. Building up a portfolio if you like. He will be heading to somewhere good in League One or potentially even Championship, given he has plenty of league experience now.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 09, 2018, 11:51:49 am by phil old leake »
It's a shame if we lose him.  Can't see it happening now

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 09, 2018, 12:16:17 pm by Dare to dream! »
Thought he lost his way this season and I'd prefer McCullough in the holding role BUT on a free its a no brainer

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 09, 2018, 12:31:37 pm by The Red Baron »
Thought he lost his way this season and I'd prefer McCullough in the holding role BUT on a free its a no brainer

I agree he wasn't as good, but he was often played out of the holding role. But I think this particular ship has sailed. If we were going to sign him then like Anderson it would have been announced soon after the end of the season.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 09, 2018, 01:07:05 pm by RoversAlias »
He is replaceable. I think he'll end up somewhere further south than here, a good player with very good potential but if our new manager signs someone else for that role I won't complain, they might well turn out good too.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 09, 2018, 01:19:06 pm by mushRTID »

all about opinions but I think Houghton is twice the player of McCullough.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 09, 2018, 01:37:19 pm by Alan Southstand »
More than twice!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 09, 2018, 01:59:54 pm by DRNaith »
These days a player "on a free" can be as expensive as a player bought from a club, with various fee added.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 09, 2018, 02:10:09 pm by roversam »
Rather have McCulloch than Houghton any day, he went missing in too many games imo.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 09, 2018, 02:35:49 pm by the vicar »
JORDAN would want far to much wages, the club would never pay them, so in that case luke is better for the money unless the new man wants his own lads in

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 09, 2018, 03:23:49 pm by silent majority »
JORDAN would want far to much wages, the club would never pay them, so in that case luke is better for the money unless the new man wants his own lads in

We did agree a deal with him during the January window and therefore he agreed the terms we put to him.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 09, 2018, 03:30:39 pm by NickDRFC »
Agreed terms - did he sign a contract? In which case look forward to seeing him as a permanent squad member. Thought he was largely shite last year but plenty of potential there

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 09, 2018, 03:38:22 pm by eastender »

We did agree a deal with him during the January window and therefore he agreed the terms we put to him.

It was reported that he hadn't agreed Personal terms , although a deal was done with Chelsea.

Jordan Houghton insists a desire not to rush things was the reason behind his decision not to sign a permanent contract with Doncaster Rovers.

A full transfer for the 22-year-old was agreed between Rovers and Chelsea last week only for Houghton to fail to agree personal terms. And he instead extended his loan spell for the rest of the season.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 09, 2018, 03:39:02 pm by Filo »
Probably not the done thing with a new manager comming in, but if the club thought it was worth it, they could try and sign him any way

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 09, 2018, 04:31:32 pm by the vicar »

ok martin i dint know that

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 09, 2018, 04:53:19 pm by Cantley Rover »

It was reported that he hadn't agreed Personal terms , although a deal was done with Chelsea.

Jordan Houghton insists a desire not to rush things was the reason behind his decision not to sign a permanent contract with Doncaster Rovers.

A full transfer for the 22-year-old was agreed between Rovers and Chelsea last week only for Houghton to fail to agree personal terms. And he instead extended his loan spell for the rest of the season.

I was also told we couldn't afford to pay the terms he wanted. No doubt some will now come on and say we are both wrong.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 09, 2018, 05:40:03 pm by silent majority »

I was also told we couldn't afford to pay the terms he wanted. No doubt some will now come on and say we are both wrong.

The personal terms weren't salary.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 09, 2018, 05:47:25 pm by Canadian Rover »
What was it then?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 09, 2018, 05:50:13 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Residence?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 09, 2018, 05:51:55 pm by silent majority »

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 09, 2018, 05:58:11 pm by eastender »
He didn't want to make an hasty decision and get tied down , but wait until Chelsea released him (now) and then weigh up his options .

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 09, 2018, 07:02:29 pm by Cantley Rover »
Residence?

Yes, pretty much.

So we agreed to give him somewhere to live but didn't agree a salary package?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 09, 2018, 07:07:42 pm by drfchound »
Residence?

Yes, pretty much.

This is all personal information, why should we have the right to know?

I wouldn’t have wanted my personal work package known to the world at large.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 09, 2018, 07:08:45 pm by Jonathan »
Rumour has it that his soon to be wife didn’t  fancy committing to living in Doncaster on a permanent basis at the time. Goodness knows why.

I’d like to think the deal isn’t dead. He’s a very good player with lots of potential, and I think he’d be an asset to the club. But our current managerless status does probably complicate things a little.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 09, 2018, 07:14:33 pm by GazLaz »
Rumour has it that his soon to be wife didn’t  fancy committing to living in Doncaster on a permanent basis at the time. Goodness knows why.

I’d like to think the deal isn’t dead. He’s a very good player with lots of potential, and I think he’d be an asset to the club. But our current managerless status does probably complicate things a little.

They get married next week, they seem very very close.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 09, 2018, 07:22:05 pm by selby »
  He could do better, get a lass from Stainy, problem solved.
   She would like to move up to live local in Bentley.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 09, 2018, 07:31:36 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Nowt wrong wi a lass who has desires to upgrade.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 09, 2018, 07:32:24 pm by Cantley Rover »
Residence?

Yes, pretty much.

This is all personal information, why should we have the right to know?

I wouldn’t have wanted my personal work package known to the world at large.

Nobody said anything about wanting to know what he earns. Read the post properly before getting your knickers in a twist.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 09, 2018, 07:45:50 pm by ravenrover »
Perhaps the new manager will realise very quickly that Luke is not the answer to either defensive mid or centre half questions. Sad, as I originally thought that Luke would make a good defensive mid as he was not good enough, big enough, strong enough or quick enough for a centre half. As a def mid Houghton is miles ahead of him but I don't see him coming back next season which is a another shame as I have often thought him to be MoM on many occasions, did his job quietly and efficiently. JMHO

TinyPortal © 2005-2012