Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:38:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Make what you want  (Read 9399 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Re: Make what you want
« Reply #30 on June 11, 2018, 12:03:06 pm by Boomstick »
I’ve heard Graham Alexander is on nearly 4K a week at Salford city!! So that’s dead in the bin!! Who ever we go with is a cheap option it’s nailed on.... the board are a joke and need a shake up, I’m not saying pay a non proven manager but yet again it’s bargain basement time!! Apparently McCall as been told no thanks, mark Cooper is nailed on

I don't know where you get your information from but it's complete tosh!

The closing date for applications is tomorrow.

Any idea when the new guy will be announced?

Any insight on the interview process? For example who the interviewers are? Questions asked? Presentations etc?

Also will the new guy be allowed to bring in his own backroom staff? Or strictly have to work with who we have?

Where does it leave GS?

You're absolutely mental if you genuinely expect the club to put the whole interview process in the public domain. I honestly don't know what some people expect.

Calm yourself down fella.
I was only asking the fans representative, not you.
Im not expecting anything, just curious.
Go and enjoy your Sunday roast.

Are you a VSC member?

Why is that relevant?

Still waiting for your answer about the relevance of being a vsc member.

Wouldn't worry about it mate, we both know it's not relevant at all.
Don't rise to it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 11, 2018, 02:02:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I’ve heard Graham Alexander is on nearly 4K a week at Salford city!! So that’s dead in the bin!! Who ever we go with is a cheap option it’s nailed on.... the board are a joke and need a shake up, I’m not saying pay a non proven manager but yet again it’s bargain basement time!! Apparently McCall as been told no thanks, mark Cooper is nailed on

Any insight on the interview process? For example who the interviewers are? Questions asked? Presentations etc?

Also will the new guy be allowed to bring in his own backroom staff? Or strictly have to work with who we have?

Where does it leave GS?

You're absolutely mental if you genuinely expect the club to put the whole interview process in the public domain. I honestly don't know what some people expect.

Are you a VSC member?

Why is that relevant?

SM is a VSC representative. That's why.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 11, 2018, 02:15:49 pm by Cantley Rover »

Where does it leave GS?

Are you a VSC member?

Why is that relevant?

So he doesn't represent the fans then? Are  you suggesting he only represents the VSC members?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 11, 2018, 02:21:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Where does it leave GS?

Are you a VSC member?

Why is that relevant?

So he doesn't represent the fans then? Are  you suggesting he only represents the VSC members?

Only VSC members vote him into his position, and make him able to talk to the club on the basis as the representative of a minor shareholder.

If he wants to share any information he learns to non-VSC fans in general that's up to him. But given the ingratitude - and sometimes downright abuse - he gets, especially from non-VSC members who seem to have a weird sense of entitlement from him I wouldn't blame him if told them to bugger off.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 11, 2018, 02:44:00 pm by wesisback »
I think considering the steps forward by the VSC the last year or so to shift the elitist attitude displayed here that it wouldn't be the strongest idea goinf.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 11, 2018, 02:46:51 pm by Cantley Rover »

Where does it leave GS?

Are you a VSC member?

Why is that relevant?

Only VSC members vote him into his position, and make him able to talk to the club on the basis as the representative of a minor shareholder.

If he wants to share any information he learns to non-VSC fans in general that's up to him. But given the ingratitude - and sometimes downright abuse - he gets, especially from non-VSC members who seem to have a weird sense of entitlement from him I wouldn't blame him if told them to bugger off.

Can I just state this is not aimed at Martin O'Hara but in a nutshell you have just explained why the VSC has so few members. Talk about arrogant. Maybe the club should re evaluate the supporters board and get someone who represents the whole of the fan base and not just a couple of hundred VSC members If thats your attitude.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 02:52:00 pm by Cantley Rover »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 11, 2018, 02:51:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I didn't say SM should or would do so. I said I wouldn't blame him for doing so. I know the VSC are very inclusive and applaud them for it, but the attitude and rudeness of some people - and it does seem to be especially non-VSC members rather than VSC members - towards SM does rather get up my nose considering the time he gives up to do it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 11, 2018, 02:52:36 pm by Filo »
Strange coincidence, two people post within minutes with the term elitest attitude

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 11, 2018, 02:54:34 pm by Cantley Rover »
Strange coincidence, two people post within minutes with the term elitest attitude

Not strange at all. You might be surprised how many others think it but haven't posted

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 11, 2018, 02:57:04 pm by Filo »

Not strange at all. You might be surprised how many others think it but haven't posted

I know how many others think it, I got enough shit about it through emails and pm's at one time, it's nice to be an interested observer these days

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 11, 2018, 03:12:25 pm by idler »

I have been a VSC member and supporter since day one but have never felt elitist. It was set up to help and safeguard OUR club, and by that I mean the club that all Rovers fans want to see do well. Decrying someone for being a VSC member or likewise decrying someone for not being a member is childish and serves no purpose.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 11, 2018, 03:22:53 pm by wing commander »
    Just forgetting the vsc,none vsc argument for a minute..If people really knew how many hours Martin puts into the role on behalf of ALL supporters I think they would be genuinely shocked.Even if some of it is for the vsc it ends up benefitting everybody..However I do know that a lot of the stuff he works on with the club is for all supporters,regardless of whether it's for the vsc or not...

I've been in club meetings with him and be under no illusion if he thinks something is wrong or fans are been short changed, he isn't afraid to tell them regardless wether it's a vsc initiative or not..He is highly respected in the upper management of DRFC for this effort and been open and honest and they know he can be trusted..And likewise the other way round...

That trust has taken a long time to establish and if it wasn't Martin working on our behalf,then I don't think half the things that have happened for the better would even hit Gavin's desk...Don't get me wrong we have had our disagreements on one or two things but I value his effort on the same level as Paul Mayfield and that's a high level indeed...

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 11, 2018, 03:27:24 pm by Cantley Rover »
The problem here is that someones stupid post in reply to a perfectly good question was unnecessary.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 11, 2018, 03:35:59 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I’m a VSC director, I didn’t volunteer because I thought I was better than any other Rovers fan nor to gain inside knowledge on transfer dealings, managers etc. I did it to support some genuinely selfless hard working people who only have the continued survival of the club we all support at heart. The VSC helps with community projects, a community I have never been a part of given I have never lived in the DMBC area. I give my free time as an when required not for any gratitude but because I care. The level of abuse that has been directed at us and in 99% of the time totally unwarranted makes me wonder why I bother and I’m certain the other directors feel the same, certainly the reason some chose to give up. We don’t pay lip service to the board, yes information is passed on through us but we question things when we don’t agree, raise points from fans when asked to and support the board when it is right to do so. I hope that clarifies a few things. I know in some quarters we will always be seen as the anti-Christ it’s the way of forums but I like all of us on here am a life long Rover and want only the best

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 11, 2018, 04:13:58 pm by wesisback »
A good response that DVR and I must make it clear that my comments were aimed at a previous time and for what it's worth I think there has been some positive change over the last year. I do concur with Cantley though that Glyns comments aren't helpful and are the kind of comment that has left the VSC open to criticisism in the past (I know it hasn't come from the VSC directly)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 11, 2018, 04:39:39 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Thanks Wes, I hadn’t taken the comments any other way.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 11, 2018, 04:42:24 pm by Al4475 »
I will concur with dvr - and i'm (sadly) one of those vsc directors who gave up the position after several years - a poisoned chalice almost. The supporters' trust has always been about trying to ensure fans have a voice that is respected, listened to and hopefully (where appropriate in the grand scheme of things) acted upon - the vitriol aimed at the vsc (certainly 4 or 5 years ago) amidst the sequentia shenanigans and jr/lt was very hurtful - folk need to remember what the vsc is all about - ensuring all Rovers fans have a club to pass on to the next generation. The work is selfless, time consuming and a stick to beat a few (mostly Martin) down.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 11, 2018, 05:32:02 pm by scawsby steve »
You could actually get a life rather than just moan at each other. I think I preferred you when you just watched and didn’t post!

If you're referring to me old lad, I can assure you I've done more with my life than you would ever dream of, and I've got letters after my name; have you?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 11, 2018, 05:51:27 pm by Boomstick »

Where does it leave GS?

Are you a VSC member?

Why is that relevant?

Can't really understand this, the vsc represents a tiny minority of fans, but gets to vote in a representative for the board.
To suggest he then tells non vsc members to 'bugger off' is kind of an elitist attitude, and not at all inclusive.
It hardly encourages membership does it?

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:56:18 pm by Boomstick »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 11, 2018, 05:52:51 pm by Filo »
Don't think theres any representative on the board

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 11, 2018, 05:55:30 pm by Boomstick »
I didn't say SM should or would do so. I said I wouldn't blame him for doing so. I know the VSC are very inclusive and applaud them for it, but the attitude and rudeness of some people - and it does seem to be especially non-VSC members rather than VSC members - towards SM does rather get up my nose considering the time he gives up to do it.

I think it's only  you being extremely rude towards non vsc members, suggesting that unless your not a vsc member your not entitled to communicate with SM.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 11, 2018, 06:06:37 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Can't really understand this, the vsc represents a tiny minority of fans, but gets to vote in a representative for the board.
To suggest he then tells non vsc members to 'bugger off' is kind of an elitist attitude, and not at all inclusive.
It hardly encourages membership does it?

I suggested nothing of the sort.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 11, 2018, 06:07:10 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I think it's only  you being extremely rude towards non vsc members, suggesting that unless your not a vsc member your not entitled to communicate with SM.

I didn't say that either.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 11, 2018, 06:36:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Ffs get a room you lot! Like bloody kids! Grow up!

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 11, 2018, 07:50:42 pm by wesisback »
He started it

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 11, 2018, 09:33:31 pm by RedJ »
My dad's harder than your dad.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 12, 2018, 07:41:13 am by idler »
Bet your mum's pleased.😉

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 12, 2018, 10:38:51 pm by RobTheRover »
Boomstick, I think you have confused the point about VSC members voting for Martin to be on the VSC board and thinking we have a rep on the Rovers board.  All the VSC board positions are voted on.

And believe me, there is nothing elitist about the VSC, far from it.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 13, 2018, 06:49:27 am by Cantley Rover »
Boomstick, I think you have confused the point about VSC members voting for Martin to be on the VSC board and thinking we have a rep on the Rovers board.  All the VSC board positions are voted on.

And believe me, there is nothing elitist about the VSC, far from it.

I think you might be getting a little confused Rob. I believe "The
Board" being referred to was the supporters board. I agree there is nothing elitist about the vsc, unfortunately it is the attitude of certain members that have this problem attitude.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 13, 2018, 12:47:45 pm by Ldr »
You could actually get a life rather than just moan at each other. I think I preferred you when you just watched and didn’t post!

If you're referring to me old lad, I can assure you I've done more with my life than you would ever dream of, and I've got letters after my name; have you?

Did someone mention elitist attitude?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012