Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:48:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Style of football  (Read 5291 times)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
Re: Style of football
« Reply #30 on June 13, 2018, 09:16:47 am by bobbymax »
We all want to see the team win but not at the expense of neckache every Saturday. Anyone who advocates a return to kick and rush, in whatever guise, needs their head examining.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 13, 2018, 10:29:32 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I like two things, pace and goals.  I would say my favourite style was under Penney personally. Fast skilful wingers and good strikers.

The games changed though and that won't win as easily now.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 13, 2018, 11:35:41 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Yeah that style will get quickly overran in midfield but as Leicester showed if you can become effective at counter attacking at pace that needn't be a bad thing. Monaco also had a similar style last season before Mbappe and Silva got sold

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 13, 2018, 11:53:05 am by the vicar »
the only problem with us is, we like to move the ball around but, when we did go long we always lose the ball and put presure is back on our selves and that is when we gave a goal away

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 13, 2018, 12:25:43 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We normally make 3 or 4, unconvincing, sideways and backwards passes before going long that's a lot of the problem 

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 13, 2018, 01:44:27 pm by RedJ »
the only problem with us is, we like to move the ball around but, when we did go long we always lose the ball and put presure is back on our selves and that is when we gave a goal away

That's because it was aimless punts in the general direction of, for some bizarre reason, Alfie May for half the season, who's about four foot tall.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 13, 2018, 02:37:45 pm by Chris Black come back »
It was mainly bad football last season. Effective to an extent as we definitely became a better defensive unit (which is not just down to defenders) but more generally we were not good to watch and specifically very bad to observe in terms of offensive play. We stayed up though so job done but poor football.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 13, 2018, 08:41:56 pm by drfchound »
We all want to see the team win but not at the expense of neckache every Saturday. Anyone who advocates a return to kick and rush, in whatever guise, needs their head examining.

You could always sit higher up the stand bobby.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 13, 2018, 09:09:23 pm by Metalmicky »
TBF, I think if we started kicking the opposition up in the air every week and launched more balls forward than Jeremy Thorpe, but kept on winning.... then most would accept it week in week out.  A winning team is accepted - by whatever means, and a losing team will be shunted........ I say this as someone that stood on the dwindling stands watching the Dons back in the seventies.... a truly grim time...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012