Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:57:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next few weeks  (Read 2511 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Next few weeks
« on June 12, 2018, 03:23:45 am by scawsby steve »
What an exciting next few weeks; the World Cup, our new manager, and hopefully a few signings; bring it on.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
Re: Next few weeks
« Reply #1 on June 13, 2018, 08:01:48 am by Michael Shaw »
Exciting might be a little over optimistic.

We didn't progress beyond the group stage in the 2014 world cup, and will probably go out in the first round of the knock out stage this time.

We are unlikely to get any signings without a manager. We don't know where we stand with Houghton whereas DF might have had another go for him. 

I still sit on the fence when it comes to our outgoing manager. Just read the following article:-

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/league-one-gossip-Scunthorpe-luton-1662646

which says:-

"Richie Wellens was sacked from the job last month after only 14 wins in 43 games for the club, and Oldham legend Redfearn now leads the race ahead of other candidates such as Paul Scholes, Darren Ferguson and Paul Heckingbottom."

The article says Wellens was sacked for winning 14 in 43 games,  and yet Fergie only won 13 in 46 games across the whole of season.

No doubt some readers will say we can lift the world cup, Rovers will get a premiership quality manager, and a budget good enough to sign players from the championship but I won't be holding my breath.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 13, 2018, 08:31:54 am by BillyStubbsTears »
That was Wellens’s record in all competitions.

In the league He won 10 in 37.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 13, 2018, 10:14:34 am by RoversAlias »
The first and second posts in this thread sum this place up. Someone expresses optimism and excitement about something so someone else has to come quickly along and pour misery all over it.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 13, 2018, 10:28:25 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
That was Wellens’s record in all competitions.

In the league He won 10 in 37.

So similar to Ferguson really....  would he have kept then up over a full season? Probably.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 13, 2018, 01:45:25 pm by RedJ »
The first and second posts in this thread sum this place up. Someone expresses optimism and excitement about something so someone else has to come quickly along and pour misery all over it.

"Happy birthday, you're going to die some day y'know"

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 13, 2018, 04:22:56 pm by scawsby steve »

Dead right Alias, you just can't win. I thought I'd post something a bit optimistic, seeing as someone completely out of the blue called me a moaner who should get a life, and when I responded with a post that suggested I have got a life, I was labelled an elitist.

Anyway, I'll keep the optimism up; we've got a good board, we'll get a good manager, and we'll have a good season.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 13, 2018, 07:37:29 pm by Bezza »
good reply Scawsby.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 13, 2018, 07:53:54 pm by scawsby steve »
good reply Scawsby.

Thanks Bezza.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012