Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:00:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: World Cup Thread  (Read 82997 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: World Cup Thread
« Reply #240 on June 23, 2018, 09:07:20 pm by Copps is Magic »
Master technicians. Can play shite against team's having the game's of their lives and still have that absolutely ice cold composure. If they start playing well, there's no team can live with them.

There eas nothing ice cool about that, shear desparation would be more apt

That free kick was 'shear desperation'. haha come on.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #241 on June 23, 2018, 09:09:39 pm by bpoolrover »
Can’t see Germany winning it I’ve not seen a German team play as badly as in these 2 games,if England had played like they had they would get slated

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #242 on June 23, 2018, 09:11:11 pm by Filo »
Master technicians. Can play shite against team's having the game's of their lives and still have that absolutely ice cold composure. If they start playing well, there's no team can live with them.

There eas nothing ice cool about that, shear desparation would be more apt

That free kick was 'shear desperation'. haha come on.
well executed, but you have to question the keepers positioning, it was obvious how the Germans shaped up where that free kick was going

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #243 on June 23, 2018, 09:12:45 pm by Akinfenwa »
Guidetti should've booted it into Asda car park.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #244 on June 23, 2018, 09:21:12 pm by RoversAlias »
It's Jimmy Durmaz who I'd be blaming as a Swede. A needless, stupid foul on the edge of the box in the 95th minute. He had a team mate next to him and the German attacker was going nowhere. It ends up in the back of the net, wonderful strike.

I just hope Brazil get them in the 2nd Round and knock them out. Not that I can stand Brazil anymore thanks to that arrogant twonk Neymar, but the Germans over two games do not deserve to be in the position they're in, they'll surely qualify now.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #245 on June 23, 2018, 09:52:30 pm by Lesonthewest »
The Swedes just sat in further after the sending off, & as much as I would have loved the Germans to go out, Sweden got what they deserved, too negative after the dismissal.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #246 on June 23, 2018, 10:25:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Been reflecting on that 95th minute goal. I never once doubted that Germany would win. Their collective national footballing ability to insist on NOT underachieving is quite breathtaking to behold.

We regularly underachieve. Germany NEVER do. You never ever come away from a tournament saying, “Phew, that was a surprise, Germany going out so soon.”

My kids are 11 and 10. When that free kick was given, they were bouncing round the room saying, “No! THIS is it! They WILL score.”

Welcome to another 80 years of that, lads.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #247 on June 24, 2018, 02:07:40 am by scawsby steve »
The Swedes just sat in further after the sending off, & as much as I would have loved the Germans to go out, Sweden got what they deserved, too negative after the dismissal.

I fully agree with that, mate; against 10 men in a team woefully out of form, Sweden absolutely bottled it. They just pulled everyone back behind the ball and invited Germany on to them; it was obvious then what the outcome would be, even with only seconds remaining.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #248 on June 24, 2018, 06:44:03 am by PDX_Rover »
Been reflecting on that 95th minute goal. I never once doubted that Germany would win. Their collective national footballing ability to insist on NOT underachieving is quite breathtaking to behold.

We regularly underachieve. Germany NEVER do. You never ever come away from a tournament saying, “Phew, that was a surprise, Germany going out so soon.”

My kids are 11 and 10. When that free kick was given, they were bouncing round the room saying, “No! THIS is it! They WILL score.”

Welcome to another 80 years of that, lads.

As soon as thecfree kick was given I said to my boy (7) “the Germans are going to score here.” You just f**king knew it. They’re very successful of course but also poxy. Just ask Paul Parker.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #249 on June 24, 2018, 07:09:56 am by Donnywolf »
... and a big thans to the Commentator who hypothesised the whole of the Game with "what if" type comments. He was terrible

Had to laugh at his brilliant disparaging p*ss taking comment with about 20 minutes to go  " what will the Papers headlines be saying in Hamburg Berlin Stottgart etc tomorrow"

.... and when the Winner went in ? "NEVER EVER write off Germany"

I admit I spoke to my Telly at that point - F*ck off - youve been doing it for the whole game - but I dont get paid shed loads for my contributions

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #250 on June 24, 2018, 07:47:43 am by The Red Baron »
The best thing that happened to Germany was when Jerome Boateng got sent off. His defending reminded of Harry Worley at his worst.

And he'll miss the next game, which is another boost for them.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #251 on June 24, 2018, 07:56:12 am by Campsall rover »
It was 100% nailed on they would score in injury time and as soon as that free kick was awarded I said GOAL.
You just can’t write them off even when they are rubbish.
The commentator was writing them off with 20 mins to go. Silly man.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #252 on June 24, 2018, 03:10:41 pm by DevilMayCry »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #253 on June 24, 2018, 03:12:58 pm by drfchound »
England won again.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #254 on June 25, 2018, 05:32:44 am by RedJ »
Poland have completely shat it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #255 on June 25, 2018, 07:19:25 am by dickos1 »
That group for some reason play before us on Thursday so we will know who we will play before we play.
Colombia looked good last night, Japan probably the ideal opposition

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #256 on June 25, 2018, 08:24:15 am by since-1969 »
Getting fed up already of hearing the same old “ we can go all the way’ . They win 6-1 doh . 2 penalties and fluke goal . So really it’s 3-1 against a team who would hardly make it in League 2 . Let’s see after Belgium if this a team worth the trip to the bolkens .

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #257 on June 25, 2018, 08:29:38 am by Alan Southstand »
Excellent piece in the Independant today, for anyone that is interested, with the headline:

Every team needs a player who sums them up, and for Gareth Southgate's England that is Jesse Lingard

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #258 on June 25, 2018, 08:33:42 am by redandwhitearmy »
Getting fed up already of hearing the same old “ we can go all the way’ . They win 6-1 doh . 2 penalties and fluke goal . So really it’s 3-1 against a team who would hardly make it in League 2 . Let’s see after Belgium if this a team worth the trip to the bolkens .

I don’t think people genuinely expect us to win the tournament but it’s nice to finally be positive about a England side.

I can’t remember being so confident about us, the way Southgate has us set up is so exciting to watch. Just enjoy the moment fella. We might not get many more.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #259 on June 25, 2018, 09:09:39 am by Filo »

Being Scottish you would be getting fed up 😬

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #260 on June 25, 2018, 11:54:25 am by Cantley Rover »
Sweden were their own worst enemies. They should have kept the ball at the other end when they had it, then gave away a stupid free kick when they didn't need to.

Yep, it is really easy just to keep the ball at the other end isn’t it.

Well if you think that crossing the ball with minutes to go and giving the opposition the chance to get the ball down to the other end and score rather than holding the ball up by the corner flag I bow to your superior football knowledge.
Strange that just about every football pundit appears to disagree with you though.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #261 on June 25, 2018, 12:01:54 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Made it further than your lot and I’m fed up of Scottish moaning about England fans being positive and optimistic

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #262 on June 25, 2018, 12:17:39 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Made it further than your lot and I’m fed up of Scottish moaning about England fans being positive and optimistic

It's only because they don't get the opportunity to whinge about their own teams performances at Tournament finals. :lol:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #263 on June 25, 2018, 01:44:07 pm by drfchound »
Sweden were their own worst enemies. They should have kept the ball at the other end when they had it, then gave away a stupid free kick when they didn't need to.

Yep, it is really easy just to keep the ball at the other end isn’t it.

Well if you think that crossing the ball with minutes to go and giving the opposition the chance to get the ball down to the other end and score rather than holding the ball up by the corner flag I bow to your superior football knowledge.
Strange that just about every football pundit appears to disagree with you though.

Even if they had gone to the corner flag, they more than likely wouldn’t have kept it there for two minutes, who does?

We don’t know that the outcome wouldn’t have been the same.

Like I said, it isn’t easy to keep the ball at the other end of the pitch ( yes, I know I used different words).

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #264 on June 25, 2018, 01:44:24 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

i new i had heard phrase before  by him apparently

"Football is a sport which the English invented, you play 11 against 11 and Germany always win," he said after losing to the Germans in the semi-finals of Italia 1990.

http://www.marca.com/en/world-cup/2018/06/23/5b2ebbe0ca4741a57c8b4659.html

for those of you with very long memories he was hopeless chairing match of the day absolutely "no confidence" for years and the other 2 pundits one x Liverpool controllede the show

shame Lineker with his"vegetable" brain never worked on that fruit and veg stall he bought on Leicester market to run when he retired .....  "turnip-head"

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #265 on June 25, 2018, 01:49:31 pm by MachoMadness »
Reading a Coleman post must be what getting plugged into the Matrix feels like.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #266 on June 25, 2018, 05:07:49 pm by dickos1 »

😂😂😂
When did penalties stop counting?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #267 on June 25, 2018, 05:38:09 pm by RedJ »
Depends who you ask.

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #268 on June 25, 2018, 06:58:35 pm by drfcdrfc »
Like being Scottish in the first place isn't bad enough....

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #269 on June 25, 2018, 08:42:31 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Awesome header from Morocco to put them in front of Spain! Just need an equaliser from Iran, and another from Morocco?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012