Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:12:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New sponsor  (Read 5665 times)

donnyguy61

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: New sponsor
« Reply #1 on June 15, 2018, 11:48:54 am by Copps is Magic »
So we're state sponsored now? Rejoice comrades.

Now that Donald Trump hair-do, tax dodging, prick can go and shag a ferret in space or whatever his fantasy is.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 15, 2018, 12:00:24 pm by RoversAlias »
If that's the logo then it might look half decent with our shirts.

Too bad this hasn't forced a redesign of those wavy hoops!

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 15, 2018, 12:56:16 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »

Now that Donald Trump hair-do, tax dodging, prick can go and shag a ferret in space or whatever his fantasy is.

Red Army!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 15, 2018, 05:35:58 pm by RedJ »
Was it not called GNER before? why did they have to shoehorn London into the name. It's all about f**king London isn't it.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 15, 2018, 06:26:24 pm by LincsRover »
Was it not called GNER before? why did they have to shoehorn London into the name. It's all about f**king London isn't it.

I know what you mean but turn that on it’s head and I think it’s great that something that belongs to London (and state owned) is putting money into TLO donny!! Makes a change for us to be subsidised by the south for a change!! 🤫

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 15, 2018, 06:39:40 pm by karldew »
If that's the logo then it might look half decent with our shirts.

Too bad this hasn't forced a redesign of those wavy hoops!

Doesn’t look the great tbh. Looks like something the youth team would wear

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 15, 2018, 07:19:20 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

My fave post of the year!

:thumbsup:  :scarf:  :thumbsup:

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 15, 2018, 07:56:53 pm by German Rover »

GNER was a private company owned by Sea Containers before they went bust.  LNER is owned by the government.  It couldn't be called GNER due to the previous companies association with failure.

Last time it was publically owned it was East Coast.  surely it would have cost less in rebranding to drag this out the cupboard.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 15, 2018, 08:19:20 pm by RedJ »
Aye, that ^

b*llocks to London, they get more than enough.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 15, 2018, 11:47:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
Was previously Virgin Trains East Coast (VTEC). No mention of London.

Reality is that around 80pc of all train journeys start or end in London, so we should not be too sensitive!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 16, 2018, 07:09:28 am by Donnywolf »

I know what you mean but turn that on it’s head and I think it’s great that something that belongs to London (and state owned) is putting money into TLO donny!! Makes a change for us to be subsidised by the south for a change!! 🤫

Its not all good news as they "inherited" a Shipping Company too when they formed in 1923

Here is one of the many ....

https://www.lner.info/ships/GCR/city_of_leeds.php

They did own Mallard though and that more than makes up for any trangressions elsewhere !

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 16, 2018, 07:26:50 am by Capmeister »
I wonder if they produced shed loads of shirts with the Virgin logo on. Those babyswill b e like gold dust. Rather have one of them 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 16, 2018, 07:37:23 am by Donnywolf »
Probably got to be loads of them I suppose - en route from the Manufacturers ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 16, 2018, 08:24:11 am by drfchound »
But no one likes the wavy hoops so who will buy them?

Mind you, Yorkshire folk like a bargain...........

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 16, 2018, 08:51:40 am by Chris Black come back »
Not heard much about our Thai friends for some time now.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 16, 2018, 10:09:08 am by silent majority »
The club don't have any shirts manufactured with the Virgin logo. The change of sponsor was anticipated months ago.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 16, 2018, 12:23:26 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Seems to be a few manufactured  here.

They will be valuable. I don't like the away shirt but it kinda worked with the Virgin logo, can't see the new logo working there.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 16, 2018, 12:38:56 pm by silent majority »
Yes I realise that. A few had the logo added for certain purposes but they won't be selling any, all the shirts that are coming into the country have no sponsors logo on. Therefore none have been manufactured with the Virgin logo.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:43:54 pm by silent majority »

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 16, 2018, 02:58:35 pm by sheffield exile1 »
LNER as was GWR, SR and LMS, the great nationalisation of 1948. Just waiting for Jeremy to renationalise so when that happens we buy British Rail shirts soon complete with logo the two lines with the zig zags. Lets all dream on..and we will get persil tickets for away games as well ?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 16, 2018, 07:57:26 pm by ravenrover »
If the shirts are coming in blank do we HAVE to have the sponsors logo on when we buy them?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 16, 2018, 10:52:51 pm by pib »
As predicted a few weeks ago. Doesn't age this particularly well: https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=266013.msg778325#msg778325  :silly:

If the shirts are coming in blank do we HAVE to have the sponsors logo on when we buy them?

I would imagine the sponsorship arrangement would include replica shirts. Any shirt sponsor will get a certain amount of exposure from their brand being on the players' shirts, but a couple of thousand people wearing them at matches and casually about the town will be equally if not more powerful I'd imagine.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 17, 2018, 08:51:31 am by godlike1 »
I've seen one with the new logo and I think it actually looks alot better than the virgin trains one. It's all subjective mind

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 17, 2018, 09:16:56 am by DaveDRFC »
I've seen one with the new logo and I think it actually looks alot better than the virgin trains one. It's all subjective mind

I agree, saw Donny Dog wearing it at the outlet yesterday!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 17, 2018, 10:13:58 am by NickDRFC »
I saw a picture yesterday on Facebook and the LNER logo looks like it’s been ironed on, looked pretty poor. Hopefully it was just a bad photo.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 17, 2018, 10:59:03 am by The Red Baron »

LNER is a historic name in the railways. I remember many years ago going to see The Flying Scotsman at Donny Station. That had LNER on it.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 17, 2018, 12:25:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I saw a picture yesterday on Facebook and the LNER logo looks like it’s been ironed on, looked pretty poor. Hopefully it was just a bad photo.

So does the Viking badge with the border around it which to me cheapens the whole look and puts me off all of the FBT clothing.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 17, 2018, 01:17:10 pm by NickDRFC »
I always wonder with shirts whether the quality/design actually matters. Will something like this (or the wavy hoops) put people off buying the shirt? Or will the same people just buy them year in year out regardless of how it looks?

On the flip side I suppose some people might like the slightly different design and buy it where previously they wouldn't.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 17, 2018, 02:07:37 pm by RoversAlias »
I buy one if I like the design, ordinarily every 2/3 years but if they aren't up to scratch design or quality wise I don't bother and I haven't done for a few seasons now. Last one I got was a blue away from a few seasons back when Avec made them.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 17, 2018, 08:36:25 pm by RedJ »

LNER is a historic name in the railways. I remember many years ago going to see The Flying Scotsman at Donny Station. That had LNER on it.

I still say b*llocks to London.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012