Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:54:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 2018/2019 Fixtures - post your points / comments here from 9am ALL FIXTURES HERE  (Read 4736 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Just thought we might streamline all thoughts on Fixtures in the one Thread. Will it work ?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:06:49 am by Donnywolf »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
Saarfend away first up

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
I doubt it, some people insist on starting a new thread even when there is one already!

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Long away trips Boxing Day and 29th dec isn’t great

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Saarfend away first up

and Fleetwood away Boxing Day

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Last game v Coventry (Home) ... Championship decider ?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Sunderland home is midweek and away on good Friday

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
Good Friday.. 5,000 rovers fans celebrating promotion to the championship at the stadium of light 🙄 can always dream can’t we.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
I see the usual suspects have got TV games straight away. Scum on Sunday. Sunderland 12:30, and Blades 5:30.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Good Friday.. 5,000 rovers fans celebrating promotion to the championship at the stadium of light 🙄 can always dream can’t we.

We would have to rename the day to Great Friday if that happens !
Is PvO open for business yet BB ?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Sunderland away on Good Friday a decent one.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Those Christmas fixtures are a disaster - Fleetwood away on Boxing Day and Gillingham on the 29th?!

DD

• Forum Member
Apologies - on other thread I predicted Boxing Day - away to Walsall or Coventry...but Fleetwood is even worse! what a waste! I appreciate that (in theory) it should be a 50:50 chance of being away from home (in fact - I would introduce "an agreement" that teams should alternate home / away each year) - but we certainly don't seem to get an even hand.
At our level Boxing Day is the key day for revenue - surely a bit more thought / planing could go into this fixture

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Fixtures from DRFC Site - more user friendly of course

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/

legendslounger

• Forum Member
fleetwood away on boxing day...  :thumbdown:

essexrover

• Forum Member
Sarfend will do me nicely for starters  :)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Apologies - on other thread I predicted Boxing Day - away to Walsall or Coventry...but Fleetwood is even worse! what a waste! I appreciate that (in theory) it should be a 50:50 chance of being away from home (in fact - I would introduce "an agreement" that teams should alternate home / away each year) - but we certainly don't seem to get an even hand.
At our level Boxing Day is the key day for revenue - surely a bit more thought / planing could go into this fixture

Got to agree with you on the alternating each Year on Boxing Day. It is a chance for a good gate and much needed cash input - and even Fleetwood Home would have been better than what we have

Will EFL take it on board ? Well it is sensible / reasonable so probably not !

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
I think the fixture list is fairly dreadful in general in terms of revenue for the club. Away the first game of the season, away boxing day. Sunderland at home on a Tuesday night, Scunthorpe at home just before Christmas, and the home fixture on the easter weekend - Accrington!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
I think the fixture list is fairly dreadful in general in terms of revenue for the club. Away the first game of the season, away boxing day. Sunderland at home on a Tuesday night, Scunthorpe at home just before Christmas, and the home fixture on the easter weekend - Accrington!

Sunderland will sell out whatever we give them whatever day we play them. Definitely some poor ones there though.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
When are the international weekends ? Are the opponents of those likely to have international call ups

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
December's fixtures are horrific, but otherwise not too bad. I would have liked Sunderland early doors so maybe we could have done a number on them like we did on Blackburn.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
The Christmas fixtures being poor just means we can all spend the holiday without families instead! Wonderful ey?

To be fair we're away opening day, boxing day and Good Friday but at home New Year's Day, Easter Monday and the final game so that is quite even.

I've never been to Roots Hall so will be looking at going to that one to start us off.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
The Christmas fixtures being poor just means we can all spend the holiday without families instead! Wonderful ey?

To be fair we're away opening day, boxing day and Good Friday but at home New Year's Day, Easter Monday and the final game so that is quite even.

I've never been to Roots Hall so will be looking at going to that one to start us off.

If you go on the train don't make the mistake I made on my first visit. I got off at Southend station and had a long walk on a roasting hot day. Get off at Prittlewell, which is very near the ground.

My favourite memory of Roots Hall is the FA Cup First Round in 1998-99 when non-League Rovers beat League club Southend 1-0 with a Dave Penney goal. A rare bit of giant killing for us!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Just booked the Southend hotel, can’t wait now.

CoventryRed

• Forum Member
Last game v Coventry (Home) ... Championship decider ?

Oooff, not sure I’d like that being married to a Coventry girl and live there too!

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
Has anyone managed to convert the fixtures into a file to add to Google calendar yet please?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Has anyone managed to convert the fixtures into a file to add to Google calendar yet please?

You can do it through DROS.

RedJ

• Forum Member

b*llocks to that :laugh:

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
I'll miss the first 2 weeks of the season as I'm away on holiday.
I've been awaiting the fixtures with baited breath, hoping we didn't play Sunderland while I'm away because I really don't want to miss either game against them.

So I'm relieved - I'll only miss the home game against Wycombe. No grumbles from me!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012