Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:00:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Caldwell and McCall  (Read 7555 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Caldwell and McCann
« Reply #30 on June 21, 2018, 10:22:52 pm by RedJ »
Absolute joke this, if true. Surely, even our people know the difference between ability and bullshit?

Key word here. People massively overreacting to this. Especially if it doesn't even turn out to be true, or if it is true, he isn't the one appointed. People are acting as if the club have marched into their houses, molested their children and shagged their wives in front of them.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 21, 2018, 11:06:33 pm by the vicar »
Who is the third man . ( sounds like a film)
Harry Lime

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 21, 2018, 11:17:26 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
The owner of Chesterfield certainly had some strong words about his lack of managerial ability. Unfortunately I can't find the interview now to refresh my mind. Surely even we can do better than him.

in remember him caldwell doing a good job at wigan and i thought he was unfairly sacked by them

when he took over at chessie on radio Shitfield (i haven't listenede to it 4 over a year) he was to put it mildly uncomplementary about certian players on that radio station and upset the club

maybe something truthful like they were not good enough

chessie made an even more stupid managerial appointment by giving it to jack lester --  and they saved him the embarrassment of letting him lead them to pastures new in the promised land a.k.a THE NATIONAL LEAGUE    BY SACKING HIM TO SAVE HIS CV FROM A STAIN

the weird thing is they now have appointed the man who will lead them back into the league - perhaps someone has had a brain transplant

caldwell said this when he was sacked

"As a manager, once I started to work with the players in training, and see them in a match day, you realise it is a big job. You cannot see that before you go in," he said.

"There was a mental problem that had to be worked hard on to address and then you need to win games to gain confidence to go on a run.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-fc/gary-caldwell-says-he-did-not-get-enough-time-to-turn-things-around-at-chesterfield-1-8887133

this ine is worth a read

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-fc/caldwell-says-chesterfield-must-find-nasty-streak-1-8727635

still havent found what i am after though
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:28:48 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 21, 2018, 11:33:51 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
he's telling the truth here  getting close to what i heard

Caldwell said “There has to be an individual desire and man against man they can’t get by you and get shots off as easy, football is a difficult game and in the difficult moments we have to many players that don’t want to stand up and be counted and go toe to toe with people and say ‘you aren’t getting a shot in off’.

https://www.peakfm.co.uk/news/local-sport/gary-caldwell-it-aint-good-enough/

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 22, 2018, 12:36:18 am by Colemans Left Hook »
worth a listen

'I'd be delueded if I thought I still had the fans backing.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05frtnk

'Some people might live to regret this night'
Chesterfield manager Gary Caldwell on a 3-1 friendly defeat to Rotherham

Release date: 25 July 2017

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p059p6zy

this is what i was after it's about the fans !!

'I don't regret it'
Chesterfield boss Gary Caldwell told fans 'don't come' if they were going to be negative

Release date: 27 February 2017

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04v6gxg

here is the post i was after

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04v0v34

Gary Caldwell: 'Negative fans not welcome'
Chesterfield boss Gary Caldwell following their defeat to Oxford.

Release date: 25 February 2017
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04v0v34

..... the mindset of most players in that dressing room has to change ........

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 22, 2018, 12:46:22 am by phil old leake »
I just hope that the third candidate isn't sol Campbell.  He nauseates me every time I see him on to. Full of shxt. He seems to get named as a candidate in loads of jobs.  Just hope he hasn't gone fo this one

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: Caldwell and McCall
« Reply #36 on June 22, 2018, 01:14:33 am by jonnydog »
Just to confirm, is it Matty Cauldwell???

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 22, 2018, 02:43:09 am by RoversAlias »
Absolute joke this, if true. Surely, even our people know the difference between ability and bullshit?

Key word here. People massively overreacting to this. Especially if it doesn't even turn out to be true, or if it is true, he isn't the one appointed. People are acting as if the club have marched into their houses, molested their children and shagged their wives in front of them.

Agreed RedJ (despite the excessive example), people are acting like the board are devious and/or imbeciles for considering Caldwell. He has a promotion out of this league and that's more than most have, big budget or not, and I'm sorry to say but there is no way he is solely responsible (or even the #1 culprit) for Chesterfield finding themselves in the National League. They have had off-fiels problems for a while and let's not forget Caldwell left early this season when there was most of the season to stop them finishing in the bottom 2 of the fourth tier.

None of this is to say I want him here particularly but people do overreact. I'd prefer McCall but I'll give any new manager the chance, with a few exceptions (the Westley's of the world) to prove they're up to the job.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 22, 2018, 07:47:04 am by Jonathan »
There has to be more to it than the information in the public domain suggests. The decision between McCall and Caldwell is surely straightforward. Whilst Caldwell may have given an impressive interview, I feel it’s too much of a risk to take on somebody with a most recent achievement of relegating a team from our division and failing to turn it around. People never forgave Ferguson for overseeing relegation, but he did turn it around extremely effectively. If our aim is to challenge for the top six, then appointing Caldwell at this juncture would appear a step backwards. McCall is quite clearly the outstanding choice between the two.

If the mystery third candidate is of the calibre of a Mark Warburton or a Simon Grayson, then I understand the value in hearing them out. But otherwise I would be very surprised if McCall hadn’t already demonstrated the qualities to suggest he’d be an excellent appointment at this stage.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 07:54:32 am by Jonathan »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 22, 2018, 07:58:23 am by GazLaz »
There has to be more to it than the information in the public domain suggests. The decision between McCall and Caldwell is surely straightforward. Whilst Caldwell may have given an impressive interview, I feel it’s too much of a risk to take on somebody with a most recent achievement of relegating a team from our division and failing to turn it around. People never forgave Ferguson for overseeing relegation, but he did turn it around extremely effectively. If our aim is to challenge for the top six, then appointing Caldwell at this juncture would appear a step backwards. McCall is quite clearly the outstanding choice between the two.

If the mystery third candidate is of the calibre of a Mark Warburton or a Simon Grayson, then I understand the value in hearing them out. But otherwise I would be very surprised if McCall hadn’t already demonstrated the qualities to suggest he’d be an excellent appointment at this stage.

Other fact JFH is 11/10 in the betting tells us it’s probably him.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 22, 2018, 08:04:33 am by Alan Southstand »
Don't want him, either!

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 22, 2018, 08:10:02 am by dijit8 »
When Dave Allen was interviewed on radio Sheffield after appointing Martin Allen he described Caldwell as as much use as a chocolate fireguard, he wasn't complementary about Lester or Danny Wilson either and had decided that he needed to be involved in appointing the new manager as the so called football had made so many bad appointments.

Wasn't our seventeen game run without a win ended against Caldwell's Wigan side (not that that's really relevant) but I do remember Wigan being really poor that day.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 22, 2018, 08:13:31 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Nowt like jumping to conclusions boys based on rumour. Two pages of tripe.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 22, 2018, 08:36:34 am by Boomstick »
Thing is though, its not really a rumour. Liam hoden is clearly being fed info

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 22, 2018, 08:54:29 am by DonnyOsmond »
Caldwell will be Dickov 2.0.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 22, 2018, 08:58:08 am by Chris Black come back »
Ferguson. On appointment was hailed as playing attractive football and the man to get us in to the play offs that season. By end of his first season he was largely presiding over sub-Dickov garbage on the field and an ignominious relegation to the lowest tier in the professional game.

Check goods before removing tag.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 22, 2018, 09:01:18 am by GazLaz »
Ferguson. On appointment was hailed as playing attractive football and the man to get us in to the play offs that season. By end of his first season he was largely presiding over sub-Dickov garbage on the field and an ignominious relegation to the lowest tier in the professional game.

We played some great football in the promotion season when she had too end players for that division. When we had sub standard players for the division we were in he had to be pragmatic, simple as that.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 22, 2018, 09:12:41 am by Michael Shaw »
DonnyBazRover, the trouble is we can only speculate as the rest of the world is moving forward signing up their preferred players and we are stuck in a rut. We have no official information to discuss. Whoever gets the manager’s job will have the usual excuse for failure that they are having to work with a team built by Ferguson, and not themselves.  Ferguson obviously decided he could not make next season a success within the board’s constraints, so it is highly likely any new manager will equally struggle.
If we had kicked off early with new signings would we have not seen that as a positive, so why isn't starting late not a negative?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 22, 2018, 09:19:06 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Knowing our Board it’ll be Minnie Caldwell

Etc...etc...

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 22, 2018, 09:28:31 am by Michael Shaw »
BST, lol

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 22, 2018, 09:28:55 am by the vicar »
Quote from: BillyStubbsTears link=nowtopic=266472.msg784919#msg784919 date=1529655546
Knowing our Board it’ll be Minnie Caldwell

Etc...etc...
now that would be a good appointment for sure, she is probably the only one of them the board members know

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 22, 2018, 11:05:27 am by Bentley Bullet »
She'd only come if Bobby was her assistant.......

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 22, 2018, 11:17:51 am by Glyn_Wigley »

And you're absolutely sure it's not misinfo?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 22, 2018, 11:17:57 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
DonnyBazRover, the trouble is we can only speculate as the rest of the world is moving forward signing up their preferred players and we are stuck in a rut. We have no official information to discuss. Whoever gets the manager’s job will have the usual excuse for failure that they are having to work with a team built by Ferguson, and not themselves.  Ferguson obviously decided he could not make next season a success within the board’s constraints, so it is highly likely any new manager will equally struggle.
If we had kicked off early with new signings would we have not seen that as a positive, so why isn't starting late not a negative?

Depends how you look at things. You can feel the board bashing simmering under the surface. The machine guns are pointing ready to fire and ask questions later.

The situation is not ideal but whomever is appointed has got a head start with a decent squad and staff already in place with Strachan and Wilcox etc.

The issues are still the same, we need about 3 quality signings and June is not the time to be panicking whether these players will be signed ready for 4 August.

Let them get on with it, and when there's something to tell us, they'll tell us.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 22, 2018, 11:20:57 am by steve@dcfd »

We played some great football in the promotion season when she had too end players for that division. When we had sub standard players for the division we were in he had to be pragmatic, simple as that.

Totally agree with that, publicly our aims for last season were to consolidate in the league. We could have done better but the aim was achieved. This season the aims are higher a lot higher so the standard of player we get should, will be better, they have to be.

Will be interesting if the views of some will change about use of resources after the transfer window closes. Or will hindsight play apart again.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 22, 2018, 11:38:30 am by RedJ »

It's in that bastion of verity the Doncaster Free Press so must be true.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 22, 2018, 11:38:47 am by Boomstick »

Possibly, can only think the reason to leak those 2 names is to act as a smokescreen for the mystery 3rd candidate.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 22, 2018, 11:47:45 am by Bentley Bullet »
With Liam Holden's track record the mystery man could be Copps.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 22, 2018, 11:56:32 am by GazLaz »
Give it BST till the end of the season.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on June 22, 2018, 12:15:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Give it BST till the end of the season.

What about in Winter time?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012